Official: Mitch is a free agent.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You mentioned "a career journeyman". Dalton is probably gonna leave . We're gonna need a 3rd Qb. No I'm not advocating spending "more cap on luxury shopping". And no I'm not advocating Mitch come back. I never said Mitch should come back.

You initiated the discussion about Mitch coming, remember>>>>>#16
I just said no to that....... right here, remember? >>>#34
So you basically exhausted this conversation enough that you understand everything and you are agreeing with me now, right?

Points are
A) we need to do everything possible to support Justin fields to be successful
B) We need to eliminate distractions, including signing veteran quarterbacks (Mitch, or other veteran QB) that could challenge him for athe starting position (This was one thing that they did to Mitch that I think hurt his confidence)

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's more likely Poles & HC TBD show up to a private meeting and bring back Allen Robinson with a newfound approach to the offense than Mitch returning, who was torn apart by Chicago media and fans before he ever took a snap.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was the early season rumor. I'd think Mitch could be out Daniel Jones in NY.
OMG. If Mitch thought Chicago media was tough and constant...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:

You mentioned "a career journeyman". Dalton is probably gonna leave . We're gonna need a 3rd Qb. No I'm not advocating spending "more cap on luxury shopping". And no I'm not advocating Mitch come back. I never said Mitch should come back.

You initiated the discussion about Mitch coming, remember>>>>>#16
I just said no to that....... right here, remember? >>>#34

So you basically exhausted this conversation enough that you understand everything and you are agreeing with me now, right?

Points are
A) we need to do everything possible to support Justin fields to be successful
B) We need to eliminate distractions, including signing veteran quarterbacks (Mitch, or other veteran QB) that could challenge him for athe starting position (This was one thing that they did to Mitch that I think hurt his confidence)

LOL.... not sure what "exhausted" means in context with the discussion. You made the comment "Are you still trying to get Mitch back in the Chi?" Right?So.... I was keeping u on track by showing u I was never for Mitch coming back here. I wanted that to be clear for u.

Fields is the starting Qb. My thought was to have a back-up with mobility so if Fields went down the offense doesn't
have to change. This has nothing to do with Fields being "challenged" for the starters job. Lets be clear on that.

Bottom line.....YES....we need to do everything possible to support Justin fields to be successful.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
$3 million bucks could have Mitch back in navy and orange backing up Fields.

Right that wrong!

QB? I thought Mitch became a Navy Seal and started a podcast..

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
run and shoot said:

LOL.... not sure what "exhausted" means in context with the discussion. You made the comment "Are you still trying to get Mitch back in the Chi?" Right?So.... I was keeping u on track by showing u I was never for Mitch coming back here. I wanted that to be clear for u.

Fields is the starting Qb. My thought was to have a back-up with mobility so if Fields went down the offense doesn't
have to change. This has nothing to do with Fields being "challenged" for the starters job. Lets be clear on that.

Bottom line.....YES....we need to do everything possible to support Justin fields to be successful.

I think you’re still a little bit conflicted. It’s OK if you still want Trebisky but I’m just telling you it’s not a good idea for the development of Fields.

I see you want to agree with me but you keep pivoting back to a veteran QB that is mobile. I just can’t help to think you’re not talking about Mitchell Trubisky. I mean when you think cheap veteran quarterback with mobility, I don’t think there is any better option then Trubisky. Plus he has familiarity with the team. However just like every other veteran quarterback he’s gonna want to challenge for the job. When you talk about career journeyman backup QB, I can’t think of a better fit than what we already have on the roster.

So now let’s rehash this and have not what’s best for Justin but what’s best for Run and Shoot
A) Stop thinking about Mitch, that ship has sailed
B) if we need a back up quarterback there’s no one better than Foles
C) If Justin is hurt for extended period of time the season is over and we should be tanking, not trying to go.500 with a similar QB to create controversy and doubt.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if he wants to start Green Bay would be a place to consider, especially if he wants to stick it to the bears, of course that would be dependant on Rogers leaving

Last edited:

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if he wants to start Green Bay would be a place to consider, especially if he wants to stick it to the bears
Personally, I would go to Pittsburgh. Green Bay is just shit without Rodgers and likely to lose Adams.

Pittsburgh was a playoff team with the ghost of big Ben

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I think you’re still a little bit conflicted. It’s OK if you still want Trebisky but I’m just telling you it’s not a good idea for the development of Fields.

I see you want to agree with me but you keep pivoting back to a veteran QB that is mobile. I just can’t help to think you’re not talking about Mitchell Trubisky. I mean when you think cheap veteran quarterback with mobility, I don’t think there is any better option then Trubisky. Plus he has familiarity with the team. However just like every other veteran quarterback he’s gonna want to challenge for the job. When you talk about career journeyman backup QB, I can’t think of a better fit than what we already have on the roster.

So now let’s rehash this and have not what’s best for Justin but what’s best for Run and Shoot
A) Stop thinking about Mitch, that ship has sailed
B) if we need a back up quarterback there’s no one better than Foles
C) If Justin is hurt for extended period of time the season is over and we should be tanking, not trying to go.500 with a similar QB to create controversy and doubt.

I see you want to agree with me but you keep pivoting back to a veteran QB that is mobile. I just can’t help to think you’re not talking about Mitchell Trubisky. I mean when you think cheap veteran quarterback with mobility,
Dude I never said I wanted Mitch BACK here. Have u been reading this thread ?
You initiated the discussion about Mitch coming, remember>>>>>#16 ? ?
I just said no to that....... right here, remember? >>>#34 ??

Tyrod Taylor is viable back-up for Fields. So is Josh Johnson and P.J. Walker. There are Qb's with mobility out. This does NOT translate to Mitch...ok?

fullquartpress

Liked Posts:
Imagine watching Mitch head to Denver and proving that he's a legit QB. I feel like he'll end up in Pittsburgh though.

He could be an upgrade over Darnold or Newton in the home of Pepsi(God Bless America!)
...not sure about PJ Walker...