*** OFFICIAL *** NCAA Tourney 2021

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everything thought the East region was gonna be chaos, little did they know it was actually the Midwest region.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Anyone who thinks the Georgia Tech was anywhere close to a match for this Loyola team is completely out of their fucking mind
After looking at kenpom and NET rankings, the committee should have had Loyola as a 3 seed.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
1616421907937.png

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
After looking at kenpom and NET rankings, the committee should have had Loyola as a 3 seed.
If those were the only things the committee went off of sure.

Even that bracketology expert Lunardi had them as an 8 seed, he just didn't have them in the Illinois region.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If those were the only things the committee went off of sure.

Even that bracketology expert Lunardi had them as an 8 seed, he just didn't have them in the Illinois region.
Lunardi is not on the committee. The NCAA committee did not follow their own guidelines when making the bracket. They used the old eye test. Loyola was placed an 8 seed based upon SOS and playing in the MVC, not their actual performance over the course of the season.

Warren Nolan NET

Solid article including kenpom. Notes #1 rated defense, etc.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lunardi. LOL. What's next? Are you going to site some baseball "guru" who picks winners and losers without using advanced metrics? The NCAA committee did not follow their own guidelines when making the bracket. They used the old eye test. Loyola was placed an 8 seed based upon SOS and playing in the MVC, not their actual performance over the course of the season.

Warren Nolan NET

Solid article including kenpom. Notes #1 rated defense, etc.

Lunardi's life is analyzing what the selection committee has done in the past and bases his bracket picks off it. He's probably the best in the business at that.. and no he's never 100% accurate.

Again, I would agree with you if this was how the bracket committee actually selected brackets, but they don't, and they do shit like this every single year. They supposedly have some formula, but every year things get ignored.

Not even sure what you're picking a fight over.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lunardi's life is analyzing what the selection committee has done in the past and bases his bracket picks off it. He's probably the best in the business at that.. and no he's never 100% accurate.

Again, I would agree with you if this was how the bracket committee actually selected brackets, but they don't, and they do shit like this every single year. They supposedly have some formula, but every year things get ignored.

I didn't pick a fight. You did. Loyola was much better than an 8 seed. I couldn't care less what Lunardi said.

Edit:
I did edit out some snarkiness from previous post that you obviously quoted before I edited out. So there may be where "picking a fight" comes from. I do care what the committe chairperson said.
YahooSports said:
... But it has also begun to consider predictive metrics. And just this year, selection committee chair Mitch Barnhart said that, while the committee relies heavily on results in the selection process, it looks more to predictive metrics to determine seeding.

And yet in Loyola’s case, it simply didn’t follow its own words. The predictive metrics suggested Loyola should have been a No. 3 seed, bordering on a No. 2. The committee gave it an 8. ...

Interesting thread-

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fun start to the Iowa/Oregon game so far

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Loyola allowed 58 points in 40 minutes.

iowa has allowed 56 in 20.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Fun fact: Lunardi is ranked as the 55th best Bracketologist in the past 5 years.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Picked Oregon in a bracket and took them points and the over. Nice start for the Ducks.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn't pick a fight. You did. Loyola was much better than an 8 seed. I couldn't care less what Lunardi said.

Edit:
I did edit out some snarkiness from previous post that you obviously quoted before I edited out. So there may be where "picking a fight" comes from. I do care what the committe chairperson said.

Interesting thread-
Fair.

But per usual, the committee makes a lot of questionable calls. Other stuff they got exactly right which went against what bracketologists were saying. Such as all of them saying Oklahoma St deserved a 2 seed.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Man, fuck the Big10
I kinda thought this may happen.. Reminded me too much of when the Big East sent 11 teams to the tourney in 2011.. though at least they still got a champion out of it.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
jjekkq7v85s21.jpg