***OFFICIAL*** NFL Season Opener IGT: Texans @ Chiefs (Ryan Pace's Salty Tears Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
What does "should of" mean?

I know speaking like an adult is hard.

Watson will have great games on and off this year regardless of his protection. Mitch did not have one great game in 2019 and needs everything to be perfect to even be competent.

It's too bad you can't see the difference.
Dallas and Detroit games were great.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was actually good in the pocket last year. The problem is Hopkins was the possession WR like ARob. BOB got rid of him and then replaced him with another speed guy in Cooks. Watson doesnt have anyone at WR that is the move the chains type like Hopkins was.
Watson's career numbers without Hopkins are not impressive. But I would still kill to have even those above league average numbers here

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Hard to say, he almost never had a hole like that. One easy jump cut and untouched to the house.

I like CEH, well rounded back. And in the perfect situation.

Pretty sure it wasn't a jump cut. He planted and changed direction and left the defender holding his jock. It was actually quite an impressive move. Not to mention keeping his balance initially as he broke through the hole and was hit by a defender.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure it wasn't a jump cut. He planted and changed direction and left the defender holding his jock. It was actually quite an impressive move. Not to mention keeping his balance initially as he broke through the hole and was hit by a defender.
You're right about the jump cut, but the one move he had to make was at the third level, he was untouched to that point other than a brush to ankle. Good move, but all he had to do was beat a safety coming downhill too hard who had no leverage on either side.

He wasn't really hit by a defender coming through the hole. He stepped out of a diving ankle tackle.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You're right about the jump cut, but the one move he had to make was at the third level, he was untouched to that point other than a brush to ankle. Good move, but all he had to do was beat a safety coming downhill too hard who had no leverage on either side.

He wasn't really hit by a defender coming through the hole. He stepped out of a diving ankle tackle.

The defender made contact low that he was able to essentially avoid and he had great balance. There's a lot of RBs that get tripped up on that play. You're kind of downplaying that the LB was in the hole and CEH's quickness and contact balance helped get him to the next level to make that cut. I agree the hole was huge, which certainly helped him get through the tackle, and it's not like the defender truck sticked him and he was still standing, but it's a little more than I feel you're giving him credit for.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It was a very enjoyable game full of the rape I expected to happen.

I missed football.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Anyone here talking about masks social distancing and racism sucks penises with their buttholes
Its a football forum
Texans got their asses handed to them
I dont much give a shit about how we could have had watson

msadows

Liked Posts:
Anyone here talking about masks social distancing and racism sucks penises with their buttholes
Its a football forum

I mean I coulda banged angelina jolie back in the day too if I looked like brad pitt.

If only!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he needs someone as good as Hopkins to be good from the pocket I'd say he's probably average from the pocket.

You're definitely right though that their receiving group is not well constructed. Cooks, Fuller, Stills, all more or less the same player, Cobb isn't really that type of player either and obviously not what he was. Perhaps BOB thought that Fells could be that guy? If so not smart.

I dont think he needs someone as good as Hopkins to be good in pocket. I just meant he doesnt have a true possession WR.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Backstab? How? By pointing out that Mitch sucks? He needs near perfect conditions to be a competent QB. Watson will have some amazing performances this year whether his line is good or bad.
And Allen Robinson isn't even elite. He's not a great #1. He's a really good #2.
tenor.gif

ok..so now all y'all wanna back off the elite talk of watson, although you said he'll be good weather his oline is good or bad.. watson is suppose to be an elite QB regardless of the situation, but reality happen last night and dude flashed nothing..and than you yet turn around and take stabs at allen robinson..you just made an example of yourself for me. thanks man.
does anyone understand what a slump year means along with the simple fact the oline and the TE's was TRASH last season? in case you aint known, you gots to take the trash out yourself sometimes, don't let your mother do it. it'll help you understand a bit more if you take it out instead.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Its a football forum
it's called being whiny..
do people whine to their girlfriend about past girlfriends that could of, should of, would of been? fuck no, the new chick is dippin the minute the whiner looks away.
like i've told these fools here..move the fuck along!
onwards!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It did look like Watson was looking for (and not finding) someone open downfield a lot.
understood, but he didnt make plays, dudes were open. not gonna count some of them overthrows which watson did have, granted his oline sucked also but DW gets a pass around here, again i was known for wanting watson. DW didnt adjust in game and didn't show up.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I dont think he needs someone as good as Hopkins to be good in pocket. I just meant he doesnt have a true possession WR.

I think Cobb can be that guy, but yeah, they went all speed. Feels like they're trying to create a KC type offense without the OL or safety blanket that Mahomes has with Kelce.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
understood, but he didnt make plays, dudes were open. not gonna count some of them overthrows which watson did have, granted his oline sucked also but DW gets a pass around here, again i was known for wanting watson. DW didnt adjust in game and didn't show up.
Yeah not disputing it; I haven't watched the "all 22" to see who was open. But looking at just the pocket, he looked like he was trying to "Aaron Rodgers" it; run around until someone eventually breaks free. How big a part of the problem was on him is your point, and I simply haven't watched the receivers to see if there was anything available to agree or disagree.

I am more critical of the Texans' offensive coordinator and the game plan. And we're about to see them vs Baltimore in Prime Time next week (the team that drafted Devin Duvernay).

Last edited: