***OFFICIAL*** NHL RESTART BLACKHAWKS vs. OILERS thread

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
First time in a long time everything seemed right. Answer the quick goal, kill penalties, with Crow looking to be about 60-75% of himself. Cant say the Hawks were entirely great more than Edmonton missing opportunities. 4 corner hockey stalling til Dach decided to shoot and give them a chance, but they pulled it out.

Our biggest problem was as much as Nylander looked like he had no confidence in his shot the first three games, he did enough to keep himself in the lineup for Vegas or Colorado.

When I finally got to a TV, eddie mentioned how Murphy was not out there for a while, anybody know what happened?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Kee-rist! Who the smeg was supposed to be covering Archibald?!

Edit: Thanks Saad. You're not Mini-hossa. Not even mini Marcel Hossa.

Believe it or not, Archibald was Toews' guy. I'll let the captain off the hook though, all things considered :)

Debrincat is officially driving me up a wall. It's bad enough the guy's not really producing out there, but he's taking utterly horrific penalties on top of it. But anyways...

We needed our top line to step up and they did. Great game; great play by Toews all series, winning the battle with Bear on the GWG -- vintage Tazer.

Granada

Liked Posts:
First off, The Hawks were dealt a good hand and awarded a chance to play for Lord Stanley and took full advantage. Keith, Tazer and CC were phenomenal it gave me jitters just thinking if Stan built a better a team around these guys, Toews always said let’s just get into the playoffs and the let dominos fall. We all know, Vegas, Colorado and St.Louis are loaded with talent, but I see a team determined to take full advantage of there situation, if Kaner, Strome and Decat can get going you never know what can happen. The defence has not been spectacular however at the same time, have played better than expected. DeHaan, Murphy and KoKo are doing there job and Matta is doing what is expected from him.
Whatever happens moving forward in the playoffs, its certainly a feel good story watching our Hawks play at a time when the world is upside down, it gives us fans something to smile about even if it’s for a short time.
Go Hawks Go!!!

If you ask me, I'd say Koko was the best D-man in this series -- I can't believe I'm saying that right now because I never thought I would be, but it's true. I'm not saying the guy hasn't been without fault, but nevertheless -- he's really impressed me this series.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could you imagine if Corey wasn't ready for this series and we had Subban in net? :oops:

hqdefault.jpg

Granada

Liked Posts:
I believe it is officially playoffs, no?

Actually, no. This is what's annoying about this year -- the Hawks just beat Edmonton to, officially, qualify for the "First Round" in the playoffs. This was only the "Qualifying Round" to see who qualifies for the 16-team playoffs.

However, for stats, it seems like the NHL is treating the Qualifying Round like the playoffs. And I would imagine they would treat a qualifying round series victory as a playoff victory -- even though, technically, it wasn't the playoffs -- but who knows.

Unlike the Qualifying Round which was Best of 5, now it will be the normal Best of 7.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could you imagine if Corey wasn't ready for this series and we had Subban in net? :oops:

It took him a couple games of being on and off but the Crow the Hawks needed was there when they needed him the most. 6 goal playoff games are rare, so he got bailed out early by his teammates.....but he paid them back in spades last night.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Colorado or Vegas. Which one do you want.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually, no. This is what's annoying about this year -- the Hawks just beat Edmonton to, officially, qualify for the "First Round" in the playoffs. This was only the "Qualifying Round" to see who qualifies for the 16-team playoffs.

However, for stats, it seems like the NHL is treating the Qualifying Round like the playoffs. And I would imagine they would treat a qualifying round series victory as a playoff victory -- even though, technically, it wasn't the playoffs -- but who knows.

Unlike the Qualifying Round which was Best of 5, now it will be the normal Best of 7.

I believe you are correct sir but the best part is we get at least 4 more Hawk playoff games....who woulda thunk?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you ask me, I'd say Koko was the best D-man in this series -- I can't believe I'm saying that right now because I never thought I would be, but it's true. I'm not saying the guy hasn't been without fault, but nevertheless -- he's really impressed me this series.

Yep. I've been riding his ass all year but he sure didn't look like the stiff he was early in the season. Keith is uber important to this team but KoKo surely upped his game and was their #2 guy for sure.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Yes, that is what I meant - individual stats count as {playoff stats". But, yeah, it's sort of half and half. Team didn't win a playoff game, but a player got a playoff winning goal.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This will never get old, I still get goosebumps watching this video.

Rewatched a lot of the 2013 & 2015 cup runs in the last few months.

Some things I forgot:
Crawford stole a few of those wins for both Cups
Hossa was an absolute beast out there
Team doesn't win the cup without Vermette(or Richards) in 2015
Sharp was a sniper when he was on
Toews was dominate most of the time
The 2015 Defense had very little depth after the top 4

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
ITs gonna be the Knights next.

Too bad there are no shootouts in the playoffs if we get Lenhar. I guess we can hope for a penalty shot or two.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kinda wanted Colorado. Hawks haven't played well against Vegas at all.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
ITs gonna be the Knights next.

Too bad there are no shootouts in the playoffs if we get Lenhar. I guess we can hope for a penalty shot or two.
Whatever team the Hawks were going to face was not going to be an easy task. I am hoping the Hawks put in a good effort, Vegas is loaded with talent top to bottom, they play with an edge, they can score at will, there defence is ferocious and they have top notch goal tending. Now if the Hawks were to go on and win this series I would be totally shocked, however once again, stranger things have happened.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Rewatched a lot of the 2013 & 2015 cup runs in the last few months.

Some things I forgot:
Crawford stole a few of those wins for both Cups
Hossa was an absolute beast out there
Team doesn't win the cup without Vermette(or Richards) in 2015
Sharp was a sniper when he was on
Toews was dominate most of the time
The 2015 Defense had very little depth after the top 4
When rewatching you tend to see all the small things that were missed the first time around. The small play that created outstanding scoring chances or that ridiculous save that chanced the momentum of the game, a puck battle that save a possible goal.
That 2013 team was ridiculously good, Boston gave the Hawks some issues, but the Hawks were just to good from top to bottom, that quick strike offence was to much for the Bruins to overcome. CC was outstanding as well, can’t forget that.