*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh, I see. If someone thinks he'll make a great coach, they should not hire him because he is white and that would then be privilege.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about privilege when Deion Sanders became a HC in college.
Deion actually was a OC at TCX before Jackson state and was actually a good football player. Josh Mccown did nothing

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
This is still the silliest damn thing.

"We can't start FA on Monday, but we can let you talk to FAs and negotiate deals. But, dammit, keep those pens in your pockets until Wednesday!"
It's so Bears fans can hear about all the great players they are "in on" for a few days only to be disappointed when another team actually signs them a few days later.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Supposedly Bears are talking to trade Mack and they are starting at 3 2nds and a 4th. I highly doubt this as this defense is made for Quinn and Mack.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh, I see. If someone thinks he'll make a great coach, they should not hire him because he is white and that would then be privilege.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about privilege when Deion Sanders became a HC in college.

No, they should not hire him because he hasn't fucking coached in the NFL before. You were the same dude claiming you didn't want Leftwich because he had only been an OC 3 years most of that with Brady and now you are defending a dude being a HC with zero actual Head Coach experience. Dude hasn't even been a high school HC.

No one spoke on Deion because no one here probably gives a fuck about whatever college he is HC of. I don't even know their name nor do I care.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Deion actually was a OC at TCX before Jackson state and was actually a good football player. Josh Mccown did nothing

I had to look this up. So TL is bashing another black coach that has far more experience than a white coach. Go figure.

As a coach:

LMFAO. Talk about privilege. TL actually trying to compare assistant coach in High School to NFL vs 4 years as a High School Coach and 4 years as an OC to becoming the HC at a D-2 school.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Supposedly Bears are talking to trade Mack and they are starting at 3 2nds and a 4th. I highly doubt this as this defense is made for Quinn and Mack.

If you want to go the full rebuild route then no point keeping Mack or Quinn. You only keep them if you are trying to contend within the next 2 years. So if you want to shoot for the playoffs next year and SB contender by 2023 then you keep them. If you want to give up on next year and target say playoffs 2024 then may as well trade the vets and get draft capital. You can then draft younger guys and give them a couple years to develop before that 2024 run.

Rise

Liked Posts:
If you want to go the full rebuild route then no point keeping Mack or Quinn. You only keep them if you are trying to contend within the next 2 years. So if you want to shoot for the playoffs next year and SB contender by 2023 then you keep them. If you want to give up on next year and target say playoffs 2024 then may as well trade the vets and get draft capital. You can then draft younger guys and give them a couple years to develop before that 2024 run.

I think you gotta go for it now while Fields is on his rookie deal. They have 3 years, assuming he develops.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
One of them is expendable, because the Bears have a decent 3rd DE in Gipson, and the capital that they might be able to get for Mack can be used in areas where they are thin. Plus getting rid of Mack would open some cap this year and a ton of cap next year. No need to trade both or go into a full rebuild.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is this dude sniffing glue today?

Talk about attention grabbing without any evidence.

I liked Brandon Jacobs better when he was a RB..

We all assume he's talking about trading FOR a player. Then he said this:

I think what he is ACTUALLY talking about is that these are the starting discussion numbers on a BEARS player they are going to flip for picks.

If I had to guess, it would be Robert Quinn. MAYBE Khalil Mack. I don't see anyone else on the roster fetching that price. Not even Roquan.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith deserved another opportunity. For the Texans to be the only team to give McCown an interview when he had no coaching experience outside of High School just means they were dumbasses. But they realized they had a qualified HC already on their roster as assistant HC. Yeah, it's weird that Lovie was not a contender until recently, but its really not a big deal is it?
It doesn’t fit some people’s agenda, so it’s a HUGE deal for them now…

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That’s so dumb. Why not include a 1st rounder? Maybe it should be starting at 32 5th round picks lol

I think they hope to get teams bidding and get it up to a 1st, but you put the price low enough to get teams interested - at least that is my guess.

Mack would be the better choice to trade - he hated the 4-3 when in Oakland even though he played better in it. Doesn't like putting his hand in the dirt.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No, they should not hire him because he hasn't fucking coached in the NFL before. You were the same dude claiming you didn't want Leftwich because he had only been an OC 3 years most of that with Brady and now you are defending a dude being a HC with zero actual Head Coach experience. Dude hasn't even been a high school HC.

No one spoke on Deion because no one here probably gives a fuck about whatever college he is HC of. I don't even know their name nor do I care.
I don’t think anyone thinks McCown is ready to be a HC. But Houston for some reason seems to think he’s way more ready than anyone else. That’s their right.

And BTW…they didn’t hire him as HC yet, so the point is mute. But it will still go on for another 20 pages…