*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I hear your frustration.

My general view is that you are constantly balancing forces of nature and culture. Tribalism is a powerful driving force in relationship building. Where I see a lot of issues between blacks and whites is finding a way to approach differences in backgrounds and culture. It takes a consorted effort on both sides to make an effort to achieve understanding.

Look at it from a religious perspective. A Christian would have to go to significant lengths to build relationships with Muslims or vice versa. The ease of relationship building tends to move in the path of ease towards who is the more dominating representative within the scenario. Say a Muslim in the rural south versus a Christian in Saudi Arabia. The dominating party would have a traditional advantage where the other party would have a more difficult time assimilating into cultures where the power distribution is centered around those who hold a fundamental difference in cultural belief/practice.

In the NFL, whites hold the power so it makes them the giving party where the blacks lack power so it makes them the earning party. So this is why I hold the belief that the pathways for each being different because it would stand to reason that the pathways for coaching/promotion for whites would be easier considering that racial group has more established power within the NFL.

To me, this centers around cultural differences between blacks and whites where there seems to be stark differences in culture between both. Some of it is sourced around several factors. There are likely more black players who do not finish their college degrees comparatively to their white counterparts. This could influence the candidates who want to get into coaching and aptitude for doing so.

Blacks still represent the lowest percentage of high school graduates and yes, I would agree that a reason for that is also due to poverty.

There's a moment where Cuba Gooding Jr. and James Marshall are having a conversation after Marshall helped Gooding escape from a gang fight in the 1990 film, Gladiator. Cuba Gooding did not understand why a whitey like James Marshall would want to help a black kid like him. Then while looking at his hand Gooding remarks, "I thought poverty was a black disease," to which Marshall replies, "Not just..."

I find that line so simple in perspective. It is insight how poverty can have a lot of negative consequence and that it can impact many different people.

Those who rise out of it tend to place a higher priority on getting their children educated and through college. This is clearly demonstrated in immigrant behavior, but seems to fall behind in the black community. I have read on this over the years with many confounding factors including poverty, single parent households, gang violence, and poor educational facilities (either in terms of access like busing or just the facilities not having a good tax base to pay for good instructors, materials, etc).

It seems that there is a higher percentage of black men who play in the NFL who come from these backgrounds vs their white counterparts. In so doing, there is a stark difference in backgrounds and general relationship building.

Most people tend to spend time with people who are at similar stages of life with similar values for how they approach life and what is important.

Circling back to the NFL, I have a higher belief that teams value results and intelligence. They operate on those levels. All candidates should believe that when looking for a job that these teams will be evaluating based on those levels. I see a greater issue with nepotism than racism in the NFL. It's a buddy system, rather than a racist institution. The problem with the buddy system is that it highlights one unalienable fact.

Groups will select relationships based on general group preferences. In most ethnic scenarios, this plays out as people of similar cultures, ethnicities, etc spending more time together than those who are not of the same ethnitcities, culture, etc.

This has led, to this point, more positions being held by whites due to this concept of preference within racial or ethnic groups. It's not racism necessarily which I believe is an OVERT act and not a collateral one. A white manager of a company may not have a single black employee or may not have a single black friend. Does this make this individual racist? Of course not. Without understanding circumstances, it's difficult to classify situations as racist or not without a notion of intent. This is why I do not buy the racism argument in the NFL since I do not believe there is an "intent" to this current situation.

My general thought is just patience. Eventually the talent will come in and it will be very overwhelming.

Let's take our open Offensive Coordinator position as an example.

Sounds like a great position to put a minority in correct? We need more minorities in OC positions if we expect them to get hired as HCs correct?

I do not remember any real enthusiasm for any OC candidates of color amongst the board. Why? Most of the candidates desired were white. Why? Does this make the Bears, Eberflus, racist? Was it part of the great conspiracy of keeping black coaches out of good positions?

Of course not. It just meant that the current available talent that was hottest was just of a certain ethnic persuasion at this time. As time marches on and blacks become more integrates into coaching trees, there will be greater available candidates.

This just seems like an exercise in patience. We need to see more black OCs be successful and once they are, they will likely get jobs.

As I have said in previous threads, I do not know why Bieniemy does not have a job. Something is just weird there that must be evident when he interviews. From my vantage point, he probably should have been hired somewhere, but I am not in those rooms. Leftwich I understand. He needs to prove it without Brady.

I do not think there is a conspiracy. I also was not overwhelmed by the list of black coaching candidates this cycle nor was most of the board.
I’ve been keeping out of a this, but, when I see this, I take notice. You’re putting thought into it. Racism is a systemic reality that will require a radical undoing based on multi-racial unity.

I feel that this is an example of someone who is trying to take the steps needed to create the giant leap we all need.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You mean the same McDaniels that upon getting a 2nd shot bailed on the Colts and actually left Eberflus hanging (Eberflus was hired for McDaniels staff)? This is his 3rd chance sir.
And he still hasn’t tried to burn the league down. Wonder why he got that chance??

Thanks for proving the point…even if you won’t admit it…

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bienemy:
Does NOT call plays as OC
Has similar resume to Nagy who was fired
Has off the field issues that would hurt white candidates as well

His team just scored 3 points in the second half of an embarrassing home playoff loss.
It’s NOT Bienemy’s team

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And he still hasn’t tried to burn the league down. Wonder why he got that chance??

Thanks for proving the point…even if you won’t admit it…

Why would he burn it down when he knows he will keep getting chances. You dont burn down a system that benefits you.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Holy shit! Ain’t that the truth. Can you imagine debating Malik “watch’you talkin’ about” Willis vs Tiny hands two gloves from Pitt? With our top pick?

The QBs this year are inferior to last year’s. It isn’t even close. Mills might be the top QB this year, and his ass went in the 3rd!

I mean this with all the disrespect: fuck Ryan Pace, but he did good getting us Fields. True light can shine on a dog’s ass!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bienemy:
Does NOT call plays as OC
Has similar resume to Nagy who was fired
Has off the field issues that would hurt white candidates as well

His team just scored 3 points in the second half of an embarrassing home playoff loss.
It’s NOT Bienemy’s team

Don't you just love the twisted and contradictory logic.

Make a point of saying Eric B doesnt call plays to diminish him but then claim his team scored 3 points in the 2nd half.

Like if he doesnt call plays then how was it not Reids O that scored 3 points in the 2nd half?

Embarrassing to be so obviously biased.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Why would he burn it down when he knows he will keep getting chances. You dont burn down a system that benefits you.
He was a HC in the NFL. But he acted like an idiot and lost it. That’s not racism. That’s stupidity.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I feel like this dude shoots the shit too. Who tf knows. Anyone reporting anything right now is full of shit
I think this guy and the jacobs character are one in the same….they have no inside sources but try to use others info as theirs and they get caught lying a lot but have learned the art of deflection well.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hear your frustration.

My general view is that you are constantly balancing forces of nature and culture. Tribalism is a powerful driving force in relationship building. Where I see a lot of issues between blacks and whites is finding a way to approach differences in backgrounds and culture. It takes a consorted effort on both sides to make an effort to achieve understanding.

Look at it from a religious perspective. A Christian would have to go to significant lengths to build relationships with Muslims or vice versa. The ease of relationship building tends to move in the path of ease towards who is the more dominating representative within the scenario. Say a Muslim in the rural south versus a Christian in Saudi Arabia. The dominating party would have a traditional advantage where the other party would have a more difficult time assimilating into cultures where the power distribution is centered around those who hold a fundamental difference in cultural belief/practice.

In the NFL, whites hold the power so it makes them the giving party where the blacks lack power so it makes them the earning party. So this is why I hold the belief that the pathways for each being different because it would stand to reason that the pathways for coaching/promotion for whites would be easier considering that racial group has more established power within the NFL.

To me, this centers around cultural differences between blacks and whites where there seems to be stark differences in culture between both. Some of it is sourced around several factors. There are likely more black players who do not finish their college degrees comparatively to their white counterparts. This could influence the candidates who want to get into coaching and aptitude for doing so.

Blacks still represent the lowest percentage of high school graduates and yes, I would agree that a reason for that is also due to poverty.

There's a moment where Cuba Gooding Jr. and James Marshall are having a conversation after Marshall helped Gooding escape from a gang fight in the 1990 film, Gladiator. Cuba Gooding did not understand why a whitey like James Marshall would want to help a black kid like him. Then while looking at his hand Gooding remarks, "I thought poverty was a black disease," to which Marshall replies, "Not just..."

I find that line so simple in perspective. It is insight how poverty can have a lot of negative consequence and that it can impact many different people.

Those who rise out of it tend to place a higher priority on getting their children educated and through college. This is clearly demonstrated in immigrant behavior, but seems to fall behind in the black community. I have read on this over the years with many confounding factors including poverty, single parent households, gang violence, and poor educational facilities (either in terms of access like busing or just the facilities not having a good tax base to pay for good instructors, materials, etc).

It seems that there is a higher percentage of black men who play in the NFL who come from these backgrounds vs their white counterparts. In so doing, there is a stark difference in backgrounds and general relationship building.

Most people tend to spend time with people who are at similar stages of life with similar values for how they approach life and what is important.

Circling back to the NFL, I have a higher belief that teams value results and intelligence. They operate on those levels. All candidates should believe that when looking for a job that these teams will be evaluating based on those levels. I see a greater issue with nepotism than racism in the NFL. It's a buddy system, rather than a racist institution. The problem with the buddy system is that it highlights one unalienable fact.

Groups will select relationships based on general group preferences. In most ethnic scenarios, this plays out as people of similar cultures, ethnicities, etc spending more time together than those who are not of the same ethnitcities, culture, etc.

This has led, to this point, more positions being held by whites due to this concept of preference within racial or ethnic groups. It's not racism necessarily which I believe is an OVERT act and not a collateral one. A white manager of a company may not have a single black employee or may not have a single black friend. Does this make this individual racist? Of course not. Without understanding circumstances, it's difficult to classify situations as racist or not without a notion of intent. This is why I do not buy the racism argument in the NFL since I do not believe there is an "intent" to this current situation.

My general thought is just patience. Eventually the talent will come in and it will be very overwhelming.

Let's take our open Offensive Coordinator position as an example.

Sounds like a great position to put a minority in correct? We need more minorities in OC positions if we expect them to get hired as HCs correct?

I do not remember any real enthusiasm for any OC candidates of color amongst the board. Why? Most of the candidates desired were white. Why? Does this make the Bears, Eberflus, racist? Was it part of the great conspiracy of keeping black coaches out of good positions?

Of course not. It just meant that the current available talent that was hottest was just of a certain ethnic persuasion at this time. As time marches on and blacks become more integrates into coaching trees, there will be greater available candidates.

This just seems like an exercise in patience. We need to see more black OCs be successful and once they are, they will likely get jobs.

As I have said in previous threads, I do not know why Bieniemy does not have a job. Something is just weird there that must be evident when he interviews. From my vantage point, he probably should have been hired somewhere, but I am not in those rooms. Leftwich I understand. He needs to prove it without Brady.

I do not think there is a conspiracy. I also was not overwhelmed by the list of black coaching candidates this cycle nor was most of the board.
This has been proven false and again why is there another hurdle for black coaches to be HCs? Now they have to be good OCs? Two of the top ten offenses last year have black OCs and neither have a HC gig

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was a HC in the NFL. But he acted like an idiot and lost it. That’s not racism. That’s stupidity.

Umm the allegations of him being difficult to work with occured before. My point was black coaches have to be good negroes. You then tried to pretend McDaniels is some reformed asshole but I already showed that when given a 2nd chance he was still a dick that screwed over people.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Umm the allegations of him being difficult to work with occured before. My point was black coaches have to be good negroes. You then tried to pretend McDaniels is some reformed asshole but I already showed that when given a 2nd chance he was still a dick that screwed over people.
I don’t think he’s proven to be reformed. I think he worked to earn another chance. Flores just demanded it be given to him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think he’s proven to be reformed. I think he worked to earn another chance. Flores just demanded it be given to him.

Yes and then when given another chance fucked people over. Then he worked and got a 3rd chance which is precisely the point. The system works for people like him so he is happy to put in the work.

Lovie is the only black coach to have ever been given a 3rd opp to HC and only because of the Flores lawsuit. Compared to 15 white men, 2 of which had 4th chances.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He worked? lol Flores took a Mia team that was actively working against him to a decent record, all while constantly beating the Pats. McDaniels ran like a bitch when given another chance after drafting one of the worst QBs in history

Rise

Liked Posts:
Black coaches have to be docile or their labeled malcontents or idiots, white coaches can be assholes and are labeled fiery or have da passion

Tomlin has da passion. Why do you think he can do it but others can’t? I’ve thought about this myself and I can’t figure it out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Black coaches have to be docile or their labeled malcontents or idiots, white coaches can be assholes and are labeled fiery or have da passion

Same with confident and aggressive women being labeled bitches. There are definitely some white dudes that don't like when minorities or women challenge them.

He worked? lol Flores took a Mia team that was actively working against him to a decent record, all while constantly beating the Pats. McDaniels ran like a bitch when given another chance after drafting one of the worst QBs in history

Chris Grier who is black completely fucked up Miami's situation. Flores turned that shit around with limited talent but Flores is out and Grier remains because Grier is a nice quiet black man. When you look at who is at fault in Miami, Flores was at the bottom of the list. There is no objective argument that Grier has done a good job and Miami fans will be the first to say so. You google Grier over Flores and you will find a ton of articles saying Grier should have been fired not Flores.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tomlin has da passion. Why do you think he can do it but others can’t? I’ve thought about this myself and I can’t figure it out.

2 things really.

1. He was hired by the owner the Rooney rule is named after.

2. He has never hit a really rough patch as never had a losing season.

Will be interesting to see how long he lasts if he ever has a couple losing seasons.