*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
can we only draft players that line up with the former positions of the front office....

pff...

I don't think that's what's being said or hoped for. But I bet you don't hear olinemen saying "anyone can play oline, only defense is worthy of a top 10 pick".

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
WRONG. I remember Lovie and Fox was way too easy on his guys at TC. I did NOT attend TC during Trestman years thought. Nagy had all kinds of annoying shit going down at Bourbonnais, less TC days but you could tell they were going at it in TC and some players would stay a bit late for extra work during Nagy TCs, shit man, there were days Mack and Hicks were ripping the offense apart in practice, throwing rookies around like trash bags.

The defense was that way with Fangio running the show... Yes, Lovie and Fox were way too easy, so maybe clouds my judgement of Bears TC. We are not at Halas Hall day to day for every practice and neither is the press for that matter, so maybe they always practiced really hard when nobody could see them? I watched many TC videos of the Bears under Nagy and while the D usually looked fired up. I really did not feel they were the toughest practices I had ever watched overall.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think that's what's being said or hoped for. But I bet you don't hear olinemen saying "anyone can play oline, only defense is worthy of a top 10 pick".
do all non-linemen GMs say that? Did Pace actually say this?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The defense was that way with Fangio running the show... Yes, Lovie and Fox were way too easy, so maybe clouds my judgement of Bears TC. We are not at Halas Hall day to day for every practice and neither is the press for that matter, so maybe they always practiced really hard when nobody could see them? I watched many TC videos of the Bears under Nagy and while the D usually looked fired up. I really did not feel they were the toughest practices I had ever watched overall.
D usually looked fired up. I really did not feel they were the toughest practices I had ever watched overall.

True.
Padded days defense won every time under Nagy, there was that time of concern for the offense this past preseason in a major way, I know some of us here has to remember this, but nobody wanted to buy into it because it was "JUST PRACTICE" as some of these damn cretins would say around here. And a quick reminder..we did actually look like shit during preseason games too.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Hoping we have a good balance of practicing hard and training to the point of what Eberflus is saying will be the "hardest thing you ever do in your life". I do think the best of the NFL really do train harder than the rest to make it to the SB.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hoping we have a good balance of practicing hard and training to the point of what Eberflus is saying will be the "hardest thing you ever do in your life". I do think the best of the NFL really do train harder than the rest to make it to the SB.
really, you just need to pass the ball and score. all that and being able to win the game in 13 seconds, basically.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
see, trying to fix something that ain't fucking broken as for the defense goes...
car-girl.gif

fat-mechanic.gif

Last edited:

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
I guess we have to know what practicing hard means. If he means working the shit out of guys, I don’t think that’s what ultimately makes a team successful. IMO, teams/players don’t spend enough time studying film and learning technique. After that, it’s applying those techniques and perfecting their craft through repetition in practice, over and over and over again. I like to call it physical analytics.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Denver is making great moves. Congrats to their fans finally off the DC HC bus.