*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Huh? Skyy Moore’s about 5’ 10”! He’s not exactly a giant, but isn’t midget a bit hyperbolic?

got spoiled seeing bmarsh, pre-fat, but still semi fat jefferies and bennett towering over smallers dbs.. but compared to them, yeah 5'10 is a midget.. mooney is the small guy.. dont need two midgets starting... as the 5th and 6th.. yeah okay... if they keep dazz.. thats another 5'11 guy im dunking on in my 20s

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I love how these guys go wrong with their speculation, dust themselves off, and speculate some more!! lol wake me up when free agency ends-

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wonder what the market is like for Bradley Bozeman.

I'm wondering now more what the market is for james daniels.

Seems like we need to overpay him now considering the talent we got on the interior RN

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'm wondering now more what the market is for james daniels.

Seems like we need to overpay him now considering the talent we got on the interior RN

I understand your logic and the argument that he's still very young but he's just a guy. Hard pass for me at the reported 10 million he wants.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Gimme armstead and juju plz.

That there isn't more of a market for juju right now bodes well for getting him.

Got to let everyone get the crazy spending out of their system first.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I understand your logic and the argument that he's still very young but he's just a guy. Hard pass for me at the reported 10 million he wants.

I don't think hes good or anything...solid at best.

He's just still, somehow, 24. Has shown a ton you can like, has position versatility....I'm very worried about overpaying him but I think its the smart move now considering how weak your interior is and how the center market dried up....

I think he's a priority now, unfortunately.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I don't think hes good or anything...solid at best.

He's just still, somehow, 24. Has shown a ton you can like, has position versatility....I'm very worried about overpaying him but I think its the smart move now considering how weak your interior is and how the center market dried up....

I think he's a priority now, unfortunately.

I hear ya on the center marker. But the line was bad last year. Do you really want the same guys?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I hear ya on the center marker. But the line was bad last year. Do you really want the same guys?

These hacks have to stop trying to make James Daniels happen.

I doubt he's coming back.

I didn't want him back, but now I'm on the fence.

I don't think some of you know how many good nfl linemen there are....much less in FA. Not exactly you guys, but its easily to overlook exactly how bad offensive line play has gotten in the nfl.

Said it before, I'll say it again.

Hes solid, and TWENTY FOUR. Thats big in the NFL. Guy has a world of experience and is still a young buck with position versatility. Think you have to keep him at this point. Won't hurt to give him a 2 year deal at an overpay considering it won't hurt down the road as much. If he plays well he will be 26 and you can give him that 4-5 year big deal.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know I don't.

Supposedly poles and I have the same idea on Daniels - just way too inconsistent.

Given that are top two personnel guys our former offensive lineman who have an eye for that kind of talent, I would trust them to get it right in the draft.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I didn't want him back, but now I'm on the fence.

I don't think some of you know how many good nfl linemen there are....much less in FA. Not exactly you guys, but its easily to overlook exactly how bad offensive line play has gotten in the nfl.

Said it before, I'll say it again.

Hes solid, and TWENTY FOUR. Thats big in the NFL. Guy has a world of experience and is still a young buck with position versatility. Think you have to keep him at this point. Won't hurt to give him a 2 year deal at an overpay considering it won't hurt down the road as much. If he plays well he will be 26 and you can give him that 4-5 year big deal.
James Daniels is way too inconsistent.

There are better players who are more solid than he is out there that you can draft fairly easily if you know what you're looking for and what scheme you're drafting to.

He's not worth the investment in free agency. At least not for the Bears

msadows

Liked Posts:
James Daniels is way too inconsistent.

There are better players who are more solid than he is out there that you can draft fairly easily if you know what you're looking for and what scheme you're drafting to.

He's not worth the investment in free agency. At least not for the Bears

Once again, think you are overstating how bad james is just because you don't pay attention to line play all over the rest of the league.

The last game this team played(giants) he was the best lineman on the field. Clearly he is inconsistent, but that comes with the fact he's 24. The dude just got into his adult body a year or two ago.

Not saying he's going to be a good player, but I think he's worth taking the risk on.

PFF had him rated as I believe the 19th/70th guard in the NFL in 2021. I don't take much into PFF, but from what I paid attention to this team Daniels seemed like the best lineman on the field outside of certain games that old man peters dominated.