*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trade Mayfield to the Falcons, who can then trade Matty Ice to the Panthers LOL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, with all your flailing and flopping about, it was hard to know which thing you were specifically angry at.

I believe that the Bears WON'T get another starting level 3T, and given that they are rebuilding, it would be a silly thing to expect that. That is my OPINION. Sorry it offends you, but if that does, may I suggest you schedule a trip down the baby or feminine hygine aisle, because there are far more offending things in life than anything I say or do.

I have a strong opinion. It being strong is NOT me passing it off as fact. It is my OPINION that they will not get another starting 3T because they are rebuilding and putting a focus on the offense and Fields in what they've communicated, and Eberflus has a track record of getting the most out of lesser talent on defense.

And last I checked, paying attention to what they have said in press conferences is not "pretending I have some window into their souls".

It's called taking what they have said at face value.

So, maybe the real reason you're mad is because I'm right, and you don't want me to be.

I don't expect anything as we dont know enough about Poles to do so. What I do know is he had 3T high enough on the lost to spend 13.5m a year on Larry O. So unless Jones got a lot of money which I doubt it is not out of the realm of possibility that he sign or draft someone as obviously he was willing to allocate 13.5 a year to the position prior to Larry O failing his physical.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t spend on another WR this year but I would draft 2 of them or at the very least, draft 1 in the 2nd. I doubt AJ is going anywhere. DK might be a possibility

I expect us to draft WR as well. My point is you dont necessarily eant to load up all on O because they may be better talent available in the future. I would just docus on signing good players whether on O or D and then reassess as you go.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
We have over 100m in cap next year. There will be plenty of money and resources to build the team out but if you devote resources all on O this year then you may pass on better offensive pkayers next year.

Like why spend 12-13m on a WR this year when guys like DK, AJ and others are FA next year?
How often do those guys actually become free agents?

We thought this year guys like Adams, Godwin, Cam Robinson etc would become free agents and we'd have a shot at them. More often than not truly good players like DK and AJ don't become available on the open market.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
How often do those guys actually become free agents?

We thought this year guys like Adams, Godwin, Cam Robinson etc would become free agents and we'd have a shot at them. More often than not truly good players like DK and AJ don't become available on the open market.
AJ for sure won't. DK might because he's going to have a shitty year with garbage qbs and he won't want to stay in Seattle

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m sorry…he ain’t worth that. Browns we’re the only team dumb enough. Watson wasn’t the final piece to their puzzle, but now he will have to be, because they have no draft picks or cap space for awhile. Good luck!
Your takes get worse and worse as they come in.

The Browns are pretty damn good, playoff caliber team with Mayfield. With Watson they can compete with the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs. They just acquired Cooper also and are still one of the best running teams in the league.

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Top QB contracts around the league are approaching the level of The Dutch tulip bulb market bubble...

Liked Posts:
Your takes get worse and worse as they come in.

The Browns are pretty damn good, playoff caliber team with Mayfield. With Watson they can compete with the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs. They just acquired Cooper also and are still one of the best running teams in the league.
No doubt, they really don't have weaknesses on paper....IF Watson plays and plays up to his abilities.

Damn, the AFC makes the NFC look like the minor leagues at this point, there's at least a handful of superteams on that side now.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie - this offseason around the league has to be the most wild one I've ever seen.

It's like the NFL has become a modern day telenovela....
Many ex players have claimed it's scripted.

With the favoritism of teams and players and refs in the game, it's become even more likely.

msadows

Liked Posts:
At this point just give me another starting caliber lineman or two in FA. Run the ball and playaction baby