*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I don’t see why this opinion triggers so many people. Bears offense was garbage last year. They signed a defensive HC and an OC that might be good but has little track record.

I’m glad a rob is gone, and Daniels was just okay, but there’s no reason to look at this WR unit or more importantly OL and be excited.

I don’t see any reason to think this offense would be a top 15. They are very likely to once again be a bottom 10 unit with chances to be bottom 5 … again.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I don’t see why this opinion triggers so many people. Bears offense was garbage last year. They signed a defensive HC and an OC that might be good but has little track record.

I’m glad a rob is gone, and Daniels was just okay, but there’s no reason to look at this WR unit or more importantly OL and be excited.

I don’t see any reason to think this offense would be a top 15. They are very likely to once again be a bottom 10 unit with chances to be bottom 5 … again.
People have convinced themselves that Nagy was so bad that anyone could lead this team to a better O. He was bad, but I think these fans are going to be disappointed to find the difference isn’t as large as they’ve built up in their head. The team needed significantly better coaching AND players on O, we’ll see if they got that once the season starts but I don’t think you can blame skeptical projections given the current résumé.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool too see people getting excited for my warmup
I’m don’t get the hype around this Brent guy. 675lbs is pretty impressive af especially in what looks like cross trainers lol

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
People have convinced themselves that Nagy was so bad that anyone could lead this team to a better O. He was bad, but I think these fans are going to be disappointed to find the difference isn’t as large as they’ve built up in their head. The team needed significantly better coaching AND players on O, we’ll see if they got that once the season starts but I don’t think you can blame skeptical projections given the current résumé.

This is true, but you saw how much “better” they were when Nagy was out with Covid.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Skeptical is one thing. Lazy and ignorant reporting is another…

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Skeptical is one thing. Lazy and ignorant reporting is another…

That's exactly it. Too many cynical Bears fans and trolls are having their "Leave Brittany Alone!" moment over this...

All while accusing people having that over Justin, when all we're trying to do is point out holes in the reporting...

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I do agree the Bears need more talent at a lot of positions on the offense, but a good OC can make a difference. I’m not saying Getsy is going to be a mastermind but he at least has shown promise based on his comments. If he lives up to those comments, we now have an OC who will adjust to his players strengths and make in game adjustments. That alone can help this offense out because Nagy did none of that. But it’s a wait and see moment.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That's exactly it. Too many cynical Bears fans and trolls are having their "Leave Brittany Alone!" moment over this...

All while accusing people having that over Justin, when all we're trying to do is point out holes in the reporting...
Hey! Leave Brittany the f*ck outta this!! She’s dealt with enough!!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do agree the Bears need more talent at a lot of positions on the offense, but a good OC can make a difference. I’m not saying Getsy is going to be a mastermind but he at least has shown promise based on his comments. If he lives up to those comments, we now have an OC who will adjust to his players strengths and make in game adjustments. That alone can help this offense out because Nagy did none of that. But it’s a wait and see moment.
Sounds like a guy that will try and do things the O players can accomplish and actually scheme for who they face and try to make it difficult to get schemed against. I'm not worried about the WRs but the OL is a genuine concern. They may have those bodies in camp but getting the kids up to speed/viable by Sept will be daunting.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a guy that will try and do things the O players can accomplish and actually scheme for who they face and try to make it difficult to get schemed against. I'm not worried about the WRs but the OL is a genuine concern. They may have those bodies in camp but getting the kids up to speed/viable by Sept will be daunting.
Yeah I do agree that the OLine is still a concern. That’s where it’s going to be interesting to see what Getsy does to help his OLine out. I think his scheme will fit a mediocre offense better than what Nagy did.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I do agree that the OLine is still a concern. That’s where it’s going to be interesting to see what Getsy does to help his OLine out. I think his scheme will fit a mediocre offense better than what Nagy did.
The problem is that Nagy tried to do everything in terms of line play, obviously less so with route combos. I don't think he had a clue about finding an identity or it could have been a philosophy thing and perhaps he thinks an O shouldn't have one and just excel at everything.

If you want a water mark for Getsy, how about a decent % of successful screens. OMG, how long has it been?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are ways to scheme around a weaker OL. IDK, you all might be surprised. This OL might be decent. Elite? No way. Great? Probably not. But horrible? I don't think so. We'll see.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are ways to scheme around a weaker OL. IDK, you all might be surprised. This OL might be decent. Elite? No way. Great? Probably not. But horrible? I don't think so. We'll see.

Well part of it starts with the RPO where the OL basically give a run block look ie moving forward instead of taking a step back. That naturally gets the DL thinking run which slows them down a bit. It also means the ball has to come out fairly quick as otherwise you run the risk of an illegal man downfield as the OL continue to block as if it is a run play.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well part of it starts with the RPO where the OL basically give a run block look ie moving forward instead of taking a step back. That naturally gets the DL thinking run which slows them down a bit. It also means the ball has to come out fairly quick as otherwise you run the risk of an illegal man downfield as the OL continue to block as if it is a run play.
Yep. All of that.