*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

msadows

Liked Posts:
The problem started with a weak roster, especially on offense. Coaching was a secondary problem. Ryan Pace, not Nagy, was primarily responsible for the poor team performance.

Disagree, actually.

The talent that we had on the offensive side of the ball last year should have netted a better offense than what nagy and co gave us.

The fact nagy thought it was a good idea to put his QB on rollerskates in his first game running for his life is something that should have gotten him removed from the league forever. A kid playing madden could have put forward a better gameplan.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From the outset, this coaching staff has seemed like better teachers on both sides of the ball.

Even if the talent isn’t there yet, a bunch of try hards and coaches who emphasize players’ strengths are going to seem like an immediate upgrade over Nagy, who couldn’t find an identity or figure out the whys in 4 years.

Obviously we won’t know for sure until they start playing games, but there are positive signs coming out of practices already.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Disagree, actually.

The talent that we had on the offensive side of the ball last year should have netted a better offense than what nagy and co gave us.

The fact nagy thought it was a good idea to put his QB on rollerskates in his first game running for his life is something that should have gotten him removed from the league forever. A kid playing madden could have put forward a better gameplan.
We did not have good offensive talent last year, so I kinda get what he’s saying there. Don’t 100% agree, but fine.

But I don’t understand how anyone can think Nagy wasn’t the biggest problem BY FAR with this organization. We’re they living under a rock the past several years?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The problem started with a weak roster, especially on offense. Coaching was a secondary problem. Ryan Pace, not Nagy, was primarily responsible for the poor team performance.
Respectfully disagree. I am not at all giving Pace a pass, but do not underestimate how awful Nagy is/was as a coach. He was a fraud who had absolutely no idea how to gameplan or use the talent on the roster.

I’m not saying the O this year will be top notch, but I think a lot of people will be surprised at how far competent coaching and an understanding and use of talent evaluation can take a team.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Also, regarding the screen game…I seem to recall a strong screen game under trestman. Forte was great at screens and the offense executed them very well. I believe forte had 100 receptions one season under trestman. I think Monty has similar potential and he’s much tougher to bring down. Forte was the smoother runner though.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
We did not have good offensive talent last year, so I kinda get what he’s saying there. Don’t 100% agree, but fine.

But I don’t understand how anyone can think Nagy wasn’t the biggest problem BY FAR with this organization. We’re they living under a rock the past several years?
I would say it is equal parts Pace/Nagy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Man, that was one of the most brutal stories I’ve read. I knew he lost a brother but had no idea everything that was going on with him. I was hopeful for Tarik by the end when he was talking about being back physically, but then that editor’s note. Damn.

Jesus missed the editors note earlier. That is just brutal man.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Oh NOOOOOO!!!! The dreaded vote of confidence.
Hardest worker
Cares the most
First to arrive

Usually what they say when a guy sucks.......in fact, didn't they say all those things about Mitch?

greg23

Liked Posts:
FREE AGENT
Larry_Ogunjobi_749464.jpg

Free agent DT Larry Ogunjobi is visiting the Jets on Tuesday.​

Per Adam Schefter's report, he's spent each of the last two days with the Jets. Ogunjobi had a $40.5 million deal voided by a flunked physical, but is a steady rotation lineman who can provide some interior pass rush. Ogunjobi would be a fine depth addition.

Steady rotation lineman?
Provide some interior pass rush?
Fine depth addition?

This was the marquee signing for 40+ million??? Sounds more like a role player.