*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Likely not very many of them
Agreed. I also don't really see Poles spending on big names. I definitely don't see big money spent on a WR. They'll have to play Mooney after 2023, if he proves he fits in the new offense (no reason he shouldn't). And guys like DK, McLaurin, and Deebo will be 20M/year types. I don't see paying a true #1 like those guys that much then coming back and paying Mooney like 15+Mil the next year.

As for the OL, if Quenton Nelson is allowed to hit the market, you pay him whatever he wants. But don't see that happening even remotely. But I do think Poles will spend a little here. I do think he'll continue to go after guys like Patrick and Bates. Guys who haven't gotten a shot to start full-time, but have upside to be good starters going forward. I look at a guy like Joseph Noteboom for the Rams who was behind a HOF and never got much PT, but signed a decent sized contract this year. Those guys will be out there again, and I do think Poles will pony up the money now that he has a feel of how the market will go next year.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Yeah, because cops never make things up or treat black men unfairly . ?
I agree with you. there are corrupt and racist cops who need to be weeded out. But in this case, the cops acted professionally and Pringle ,who by the way had prior run ins with the criminal justice system, acted irresponsibly,especially with a child in the back seat.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with you. there are corrupt and racist cops who need to be weeded out. But in this case, the cops acted professionally and Pringle ,who by the way had prior run ins with the criminal justice system, acted irresponsibly,especially with a child in the back seat.
Run-ins like when he was 16, or something more recent?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Looks lik a lot of nothingburger.

Actually, the lede is buried.

The asshole was doing donuts with his kid in the back seat - good way to get your kid killed if you lose control.

All for people doing whatever stupid shit so long as it only affects them, but a grown ass man being a shitty parent is the real story here...

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I also don't really see Poles spending on big names. I definitely don't see big money spent on a WR. They'll have to play Mooney after 2023, if he proves he fits in the new offense (no reason he shouldn't). And guys like DK, McLaurin, and Deebo will be 20M/year types. I don't see paying a true #1 like those guys that much then coming back and paying Mooney like 15+Mil the next year.

As for the OL, if Quenton Nelson is allowed to hit the market, you pay him whatever he wants. But don't see that happening even remotely. But I do think Poles will spend a little here. I do think he'll continue to go after guys like Patrick and Bates. Guys who haven't gotten a shot to start full-time, but have upside to be good starters going forward. I look at a guy like Joseph Noteboom for the Rams who was behind a HOF and never got much PT, but signed a decent sized contract this year. Those guys will be out there again, and I do think Poles will pony up the money now that he has a feel of how the market will go next year.
I am having trouble seeing how Poles cannot make a big splash next year. We will have 150mm+ in cap and outside of Roquan and Mooney what other current players would demand a big contract next year? Unless he just rolls a ton of money into the next year, I think he has to go on some kind of spending spree. I could see Poles throwing big money at a receiver that he believes in and would be a go to guy and security blanket for Fields.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, the lede is buried.

The asshole was doing donuts with his kid in the back seat - good way to get your kid killed if you lose control.

All for people doing whatever stupid shit so long as it only affects them, but a grown ass man being a shitty parent is the real story here...

You know I have yet to see Pringle connected to the "child in the backseat" and in the video you see another person that looked much older than a "child" exit the passenger side briefly.

My guess is the passenger is the one connected to the whomever was in that backseat.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know I have yet to see Pringle connected to the "child in the backseat" and in the video you see another person that looked much older than a "child" exit the passenger side briefly.

My guess is the passenger is the one connected to the whomever was in that backseat.

Well even if he isn't a dad, driving like a dick with a kid in the backseat isn't exactly something one should aspire to, so the tone of what I originally said still stands.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I am having trouble seeing how Poles cannot make a big splash next year. We will have 150mm+ in cap and outside of Roquan and Mooney what other current players would demand a big contract next year? Unless he just rolls a ton of money into the next year, I think he has to go on some kind of spending spree. I could see Poles throwing big money at a receiver that he believes in and would be a go to guy and security blanket for Fields.
Yeah, he will spend the money. I'm just saying while they can afford to get all of Deebo, Quenton Nelson and Orlando Brown Jr, I don't expect them to go that crazy. I basically think they'll still go after 1-year deals, but higher value ones than say, Byron Pringle was this year. And they'll go after multi-year guys, but they'll have to be young and not astronomically priced. Of course, that's all dependent on Fields. If he doesn't play well, they won't do much of anything