*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have often been wrong and been an absolute cowardly bitch on a great many things over the years.

You have no room to talk to anyone about "convoluted crap".
You can make that cesspool of an analogy every year on every team, "golly gee wiz batman, we don't know how good our 6th and 7th round picks might be" , " we just might have done enough".

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only outlier there is the record (10-6). I didn't predict the Bears record. I was predicting modest stats with mediocre talent on the OL and at WR. The 2019 Bills offense was 23rd in points and 24th in yards. Nobody is calling that a successful offense. I'm just saying, Fields can still take a step in the right direction with this supporting cast.

Stunting the growth of a QB is unproven. Burrow wasn't stunted by a terrible OL leading to a torn ACL. Watson had a bad OL and had a torn ACL as a rookie as well, AND was sacked the 5th most times in NFL history the following year, and he was fine (on the field). Josh Allen wasn't stunted with the group I posted. Jared Goff went 0-7, with the worst statistical season of the last decade as a rookie and still wasn't stunted. Only example you can really provide is David Carr.

Bottom line, if Fields is bad, it won't be because he didn't have enough OL and WR help. It will be because he is bad. I don't think he will be bad, thus I think he will put up respectable numbers. Again, not saying the offense will be a successful outlier. But I think he will show enough to take that big leap next year like those guys above did.
So all the 1st round QB's that have failed in the past are products of their own demise, and the supporting staff they had around them had nothing to do with it? I don't buy into this logic.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Nate Tice is correct. I’ll just add that during a PA play, there needs to be a moment where the D bites on the handoff. It can’t be fake the handoff, turn, and pass.

The QB needs a motion after the handoff to give the D a moment to bite on the fake. Some QBs do an exaggerated lean over with the handoff and try to mimic that motion with every handoff. I think Elway started that particular motion. I could be wrong, but, anyway, I digress.

Long story short, there needs to be a beat created whereby the fake can be carried out. I’m surprised he’s not having him spin out into a bootleg, but maybe that is too old school.

Last edited: