*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m really not trying to win here, I don’t claim to be an expert and my idea is only a hypothesis. I’m actually hoping you guys can sell me a team that improved drastically with just a coaching switch bc that’ll give me more hope for the bears this seasons The rams are definitely not convincing to me with that talent infusion, just way too much of a confound, and incredibly different situation to the bears. However that chiefs team in 2013 is a great example and could be similar to the bears this year, and I’m very happy with that one. So thanks to everyone for the great discussion.
The 2013 chiefs had all pro talent at rb, wr, lt, lb, s. My point stands, the bears are not there yet:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Friendly reminder that Ryan Pace traded a 4th round pick for this schlub.

Yet, there are still people on this message board that defend Pace.

I always laughed when they replied with:

"But Foles knows the system."

Not only a 4th rounder but also had to eat that awful contract.....to a guy who lost his job to Minshew

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Not only a 4th rounder but also had to eat that awful contract.....to a guy who lost his job to Minshew
I couldn't remember the entire details about the contract, and didn't want to look it up. Because I had a heavy dinner. And didn't want to lose it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

@Black Rainbow had high hopes in foles. He won’t talk about it cause he was flat out wrong. I wouldn’t really care if it wasn’t for his constant fields hate

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I couldn't remember the entire details about the contract, and didn't want to look it up. Because I had a heavy dinner. And didn't want to lose it.

A good GM gets a 4th back in that trade to essentially buy a shitty contract like the Browns did with Osweiler(I think they got a 2nd).

Also, your post was dangerously close to not being serious enough and could be construed as a joke and we just cant simply have that on the board. You might offend some people here. Thanks.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
@Black Rainbow had high hopes in foles. He won’t talk about it cause he was flat out wrong. I wouldn’t really care if it wasn’t for his constant fields hate
I've talked about it before. I thought he could be much better than Mitch, but it didn't work out.

...one of the rare times I was wrong, but I don't and never did deny it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A good GM gets a 4th back in that trade to essentially buy a shitty contract like the Browns did with Osweiler(I think they got a 2nd).

Also, your post was dangerously close to not being serious enough and could be construed as a joke and we just cant simply have that on the board. You might offend some people here. Thanks.
Ooof. You're right.

The old me would have said something crass in response, but the new me thanks you for keeping me in line.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not that I am aware of. Take the 1999 Rams for example, they brought Martz for his system and added his QB Green in free agency, traded for Faulk, and added Holt in the draft. All great moves, but their best pick was Warner as a UDFA. It was not a matter of massive infusion of talent, just a few right players at the right time.
Adding Kurt Warner, Tory Holt and Marshall Faulk is the definition of “massive infusion of talent”. Good grief it’s two Hall of Famers and a WR who is on the cusp.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've talked about it before. I thought he could be much better than Mitch, but it didn't work out.

...one of the rare times I was wrong, but I don't and never did deny it.
@BEARZOMBIE can you let him know he was wrong about Mitch too

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Adding Kurt Warner, Tory Holt and Marshall Faulk is the definition of “massive infusion of talent”. Good grief it’s two Hall of Famers and a WR who is on the cusp.
At that time in 1999 it was two unknowns and a proven RB. It wasn’t until they proved themselves that they could be called a massive infusion of talent.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Marshall Faulk should have been the MVP in 1999. Motherfucking media assholes just fell in love with Warner's story.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Remember Mitch mentioning culture? Nostramitchellnus… good for Fields. Fuck Nagy