*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. I have no problem with subjective grading. I have a problem with idiots claimimg subjective grades are facts.

This whole argument is about you stupidly claiming opinions as facts and then being too stubborn to admit you misspoke.
You seem to have a problem with context. Not surprised at all actually, it's how you keep your vortex spinning.
It's a fact they graded out (even subjectively) the way they did.
It's a fact these subjective grades can be extrapolated out into future performance expectations.
Is there some variance? Sure there is, that doesn't change a thing. A lifetime 57.0-60.0 Center isn't going to suddenly have an epiphany and grade out to an 80.0 pro bowl center, it doesn't happen.
Unlike your pie in the sky "everyone is going to get better" scenario, without adding additional talent, the Bears O-line is going to be bad this year, very bad. Some might improve, yet some might regress.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who? Charles was an all pro, along with Berry, but certainly not WR's Donnie Avery, Dwayne Bowe, or LT Brandon Albert. Not saying that the Chiefs that year did not have a strong 3-4 defense, but the offense had Smith/Charles and not much else.
Ah my bad on Bowe, I always think he was better than he was lol. But Albert was 1st team all pro 2013.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You seem to have a problem with context. Not surprised at all actually, it's how you keep your vortex spinning.
It's a fact these subjective grades can be extrapolated out into future performance expectations.
Is there some variance? Sure there is, that doesn't change a thing. A lifetime 57.0-60.0 Center isn't going to suddenly have an epiphany and grade out to an 80.0 pro bowl center, it doesn't happen.
Unlike your pie in the sky "everyone is going to get better" scenario, without adding additional talent, the Bears O-line is going to be bad this year, very bad. Some might improve, yet some might regress.

Lol. Sometimes guys figure things out. The Packers signed an ILB off the scrap heap last year and he turned in an all-pro season. He was consistently a below average player before last year. They also got a street FA corner that played lights out.

This doesn't mean that any Bears players will suddenly turn into studs but to dismiss the notion of players developing is ignorance.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. Sometimes guys figure things out. The Packers signed an ILB off the scrap heap last year and he turned in an all-pro season. He was consistently a below average player before last year. They also got a street FA corner that played lights out.

This doesn't mean that any Bears players will suddenly turn into studs but to dismiss the notion of players developing is ignorance.
And to think this will happen to all of them is insanity.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Give him a break, he's going through some personal changes (ie. Sex change, and transitioning from bears fan to lions fan)

Yes I just mentioned the OL because that was the focus of the example I gave to explain the grading. Their entire grading system is obviously subjective.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He got a lot better or at least played a lot better once he got to KC. Harbaugh gave up on him after they went 0-13 on third downs in the playoffs against the Giants and it was Kap's team after that.
Yes once again i know all this, i was simply bringing up that his turn around didn't start when he got to the Chiefs, it started with J.Harbaugh in San Fran. Never said he didn't get better which should be expected when you get on a Andy Reid coached team cause he's always got the best out of all of his QB's even in Philly.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It is a fact that it is still a subjective grade and thus cannot be claimed to be fact.

It is a fact different sources including NFL teams may have different grades on players and you have no access to those grades.

It is a fact that any extrapolation into future performance is flawed.

It is a fact PFF did a study and their grades are not perfectly correlated to future performance. The correlation factor depending on the metric is 0.39 to 0.56 So that mains the variance in future performance is anywhere from 0.44 to 0.61 so pretty much half of their performance.

It is a fact I never claimed Patrick would turn into an 80 grade center. I gave him a 6.5 grade which would equate to a 65 PFF grade which is well within the correlation variance noted above as evidence by the fact he had a 66.9 grade.

So in summation, you are full of shit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah his argument is moronic. Campbell had a 49 grade before getting an 85 in Green Bay. In fact, he received a grade in the 40s or 50s in 4 out of 5 of his seasons prior to Green Bay.

And to think this will happen to all of them is insanity.

Who thinks this? Which players have I claimed will suddenly get an 80 grade? Please name them.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do you somehow not see the Brad Spielberger tweet? It really isn't hard... lol

Problem is players get traded often after the draft when teams don't meet their needs or other situations happen. These guys are idiots.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is a fact that it is still a subjective grade and thus cannot be claimed to be fact.

It is a fact different sources including NFL teams may have different grades on players and you have no access to those grades.

It is a fact that any extrapolation into future performance is flawed.

It is a fact PFF did a study and their grades are not perfectly correlated to future performance. The correlation factor depending on the metric is 0.39 to 0.56 So that mains the variance in future performance is anywhere from 0.44 to 0.61 so pretty much half of their performance.

It is a fact I never claimed Patrick would turn into an 80 grade center. I gave him a 6.5 grade which would equate to a 65 PFF grade which is well within the correlation variance noted above as evidence by the fact he had a 66.9 grade.

So in summation, you are full of shit.

1) I most certainly can claim a player graded out to what ever subjective grade I want to use, as long as I provide the source. In this case I choose to use one of your favorites (unless it bites you in the ass). Example, it is a FACT jenkins graded out to a 47.5 PFF grade . It's a fact he sucked donkey balls last year.

2) blah blah blah...who cares?

3) It is used all the time.

4) Might I remind you that is a +/- correlation factor, and not everyone on a 5 man O-line is going to hit the "+" side of the equation (unlike your dumbass evals) , so, given 5 players the correlation will equal it self out. Math, it's not hard.

Now, who is full of shit will be determined by how the Bears O-line performs in 2022.

I like my chances.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 47.5 grade on Jenkins is in large part because of coachin g malpractice and throwing him out there against the Packers where he admitedly sucked balls. he only started 2 games, it's very small sample

No camp, preseason and limited reps. Nagy is an idiot. He should have just red shirted him.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Problem is players get traded often after the draft when teams don't meet their needs or other situations happen. These guys are idiots.

Yeah, in a vacuum, I understand why the timing of cutting Foles was not great. I just don't understand why Spielberger decided go all in with the Foles cut making it a massive deal. They gambled that paying the roster bonus would make it easier to trade him. I remember reading at the time, there were a lot of people who made that comment - should be easier to trade Foles now and there was enough uncertainty at various qb position to think it a real possibility. It didn't happen, everyone move on.

IMO, what effed it all up from a Bears perspective was both the Browns and Falcons making plays for Watson. It threw the entire qb market into wtf is going on mode that filtered down thru even the various back-ups.

I am not trying to say there isn't a lesson identified there for Poles to do better next time. But, why get so massively up in arms over a relatively small cap hit gamble. Hell, last year, Pace paid $9 million that he then put into future years to keep Jimmy Graham so that Nagy could decide to barely use him. I will never understand that one. Not just the money spent, but the complete lack of using the player after paying him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1) I most certainly can claim a player graded out to what ever subjective grade I want to use, as long as I provide the source. In this case I choose to use one of your favorites (unless it bites you in the ass). Example, it is a FACT jenkins graded out to a 47.5 PFF grade . It's a fact he sucked donkey balls last year.

2) blah blah blah...who cares?

3) It is used all the time.

4) Might I remind you that is a +/- correlation factor, and not everyone on a 5 man O-line is going to hit the "+" side of the equation (unlike your dumbass evals) , so, given 5 players the correlation will equal it self out. Math, it's not hard.

Now, who is full of shit will be determined by how the Bears O-line performs in 2022.

I like my chances.

1). But that is not what you were claiming. You were claiming it is fact the OL sucks and based it on subjective grades which is Special person. Note, Jonah Jackson had a 57 grade last year and improved to 69. Jenkins had a terrible first game after being off for over a year with a 25. His next 2 games if you combine his states he had a 67.2 and a 75. You are ignoring the fact he was coming off a one year layoff after defending Sewell's slow start after a layoff. You are also ignoring that as a 2nd year player he can experience a jump like you claimed Jackson could have despite his 57 grade last year.

2). Translation - You know you are wrong.

3). Yes but only stupid people claim that extrapolation is fact like you have. The issue is not you having that opinion. The issue is you passing it off as fact.

4). It is more likely for 1st year guys to experience a jump in performance and that is what I did. I have Borom and Jenkins improving just like you claimed Jackson will. I have Whitehair remaining the same and I have Patrick at a grade consistent with his 2020 performance. So again this is a strawman. I don't have anyone on the OL making significant jumps outside of the 2 rookies where such jumps are expected even by you.

So again you are full of shit. You are claiming facts about rookies for the same things you defended Jackson and Sewell against.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The 47.5 grade on Jenkins is in large part because of coachin g malpractice and throwing him out there against the Packers where he admitedly sucked balls. he only started 2 games, it's very small sample

No camp, preseason and limited reps. Nagy is an idiot. He should have just red shirted him.

Yeah @nc0gnet0 caped for Jackson after people shit on him last year and then spent all preseason reminding everyone that Sewell had a long lay off. Yet now he is ignoring that Jenkins missed most of his last college season and pretty much all of TC and Preseason and had one terrible game in his first game back but then otherwise graded out higher than Jackson in his other whole game of snaps. Yet he is pissed that we could be predicting that like Jackson and Sewell he turns it around.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, in a vacuum, I understand why the timing of cutting Foles was not great. I just don't understand why Spielberger decided go all in with the Foles cut making it a massive deal. They gambled that paying the roster bonus would make it easier to trade him. I remember reading at the time, there were a lot of people who made that comment - should be easier to trade Foles now and there was enough uncertainty at various qb position to think it a real possibility. It didn't happen, everyone move on.

IMO, what effed it all up from a Bears perspective was both the Browns and Falcons making plays for Watson. It threw the entire qb market into wtf is going on mode that filtered down thru even the various back-ups.

I am not trying to say there isn't a lesson identified there for Poles to do better next time. But, why get so massively up in arms over a relatively small cap hit gamble. Hell, last year, Pace paid $9 million that he then put into future years to keep Jimmy Graham so that Nagy could decide to barely use him. I will never understand that one. Not just the money spent, but the complete lack of using the player after paying him.

Well said. This was a gamble worth taking even if it only netted a 6th or 7th rounder. Plenty of cap space.