*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, in a vacuum, I understand why the timing of cutting Foles was not great. I just don't understand why Spielberger decided go all in with the Foles cut making it a massive deal. They gambled that paying the roster bonus would make it easier to trade him. I remember reading at the time, there were a lot of people who made that comment - should be easier to trade Foles now and there was enough uncertainty at various qb position to think it a real possibility. It didn't happen, everyone move on.

IMO, what effed it all up from a Bears perspective was both the Browns and Falcons making plays for Watson. It threw the entire qb market into wtf is going on mode that filtered down thru even the various back-ups.

I am not trying to say there isn't a lesson identified there for Poles to do better next time. But, why get so massively up in arms over a relatively small cap hit gamble. Hell, last year, Pace paid $9 million that he then put into future years to keep Jimmy Graham so that Nagy could decide to barely use him. I will never understand that one. Not just the money spent, but the complete lack of using the player after paying him.

Yeah who cares, it is a small misstep for a team that will have 120m next year in cap.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1). But that is not what you were claiming. You were claiming it is fact the OL sucks and based it on subjective grades which is Special person. Note, Jonah Jackson had a 57 grade last year and improved to 69. Jenkins had a terrible first game after being off for over a year with a 25. His next 2 games if you combine his states he had a 67.2 and a 75. You are ignoring the fact he was coming off a one year layoff after defending Sewell's slow start after a layoff. You are also ignoring that as a 2nd year player he can experience a jump like you claimed Jackson could have despite his 57 grade last year.

2). Translation - You know you are wrong.

3). Yes but only stupid people claim that extrapolation is fact like you have. The issue is not you having that opinion. The issue is you passing it off as fact.

4). It is more likely for 1st year guys to experience a jump in performance and that is what I did. I have Borom and Jenkins improving just like you claimed Jackson will. I have Whitehair remaining the same and I have Patrick at a grade consistent with his 2020 performance. So again this is a strawman. I don't have anyone on the OL making significant jumps outside of the 2 rookies where such jumps are expected even by you.

So again you are full of shit. You are claiming facts about rookies for the same things you defended Jackson and Sewell against.
And your not allowing for a scheme change, new players at virtually every position, new coach, time for the line to "gel" etc. 2 of the 5 players are as likely to regress as they are improve, it's unknow even which positions Jenkins and Borom will play, and you have a sucking black hole at RG. This more than negates any of the positives your so desperately clinging to. And then there is the fact that Borom is just plain bad.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah @nc0gnet0 caped for Jackson after people shit on him last year and then spent all preseason reminding everyone that Sewell had a long lay off. Yet now he is ignoring that Jenkins missed most of his last college season and pretty much all of TC and Preseason and had one terrible game in his first game back but then otherwise graded out higher than Jackson in his other whole game of snaps. Yet he is pissed that we could be predicting that like Jackson and Sewell he turns it around.
and guess what? nc0gent0 was right on both accounts, something that rarely happens to remy......

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lions with their elite Oline will still win 4 games. Bears win 5 so haha.

Seriously having debates in May about the basement in a division.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And your not allowing for a scheme change, new players at virtually every position, new coach, time for the line to "gel" etc. 2 of the 5 players are as likely to regress as they are improve, it's unknow even which positions Jenkins and Borom will play, and you have a sucking black hole at RG. This more than negates any of the positives your so desperately clinging to. And then there is the fact that Borom is just plain bad.

This was Campbell's first year and yet you did not worry about scheme change and coach changes with Jackson. Your arguments are always so hypocritical. Scheme change and new coaches only matter when it is the Bears. Whitehair, Borom and Jenkins will be playing positions they already played last year. Patrick was signed because he knows the offensive coaches and scheme.

You are also lying about RG. In my evaluation thread I said we are going from a 7.5 ie Daniels 72 grade in PFF to about a 5 ie a 50 grade for PFF. So I have accounted for a decline.

I also am not claiming my evaluation is fact like you are about your opinion.

So again you are still full of shit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
That ignore list must be pretty long by now.
It sure is. I'm trying to get back to football talk instead of every thread being derailed by butthurt Beckys that lost a football argument and can't move on.

But eff me, right?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It sure is. I'm trying to get back to football talk instead of every thread being derailed by butthurt Beckys that lost a football argument and can't move on.

But eff me, right?
Pretty sure you lost the respect from most posters on here. We will always see you as a bum. You attempting to talk football doesn’t change that.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

But eff me, right?
What football argument are you claiming to win?