*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So tired of ppl crying cause Poles did not FA binge like the guy who just got fired

Like the bears have to be a complete team this year or everything is fked forever

I don’t doubt that this is gon be a challenging year for Fields.

But on the flipside, imo, this staff seems committed to not hanging him out to dry. To staying committed to the run, moving the pocket, PA, etc to help him out.

I get the sense they are totally committed to building a program where they farm their own stars instead of buying them on the open market.

Even if that means being less competitive this year. Seems like they are accepting that reality and will NOT be forcing Fields into situations where he is bound to fail like Nagy.

Seems like they'll be content to keep Fields operating within what is possible with this roster.

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:
I don't like her quote. So it was the liaison's fault they got arrested?!?! I think he got fired over something else because that doesn't make sense.

Only thing I can think of with that quote and the player liaison comment is there is or was an expectation that Campbell would be helping the players with 'life skills' and how to handle things away from the football field.

And I guess the follow up to that is they expected more from Campbell to help the players once they found themselves in that situation. I have no idea what that might entail, my pure guesses would be: Working with the players to make sure they are covered with their legal obligations? Communication of what is going on with the front office and coaching staff on behalf of the player? Last idea would be just making sure the player knows they have team support and following up that the player in general has what help they need?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I love it.

....just think of it this way: the new regime is getting the budget right + wants to see what they have before going on a spending spree next offseason. This is probably the last time they will need to be this prudent.
You are assuming he actually thinks for himself… ?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Imagine having the most expensive offensive roster and Goff is your QB
I'm saying!

I look at it this way: would I trade full rosters/ financials with any of these teams now, or have our roster + our budget and picks to have at it next off season?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I love it.

....just think of it this way: the new regime is getting the budget right + wants to see what they have before going on a spending spree next offseason. This is probably the last time they will need to be this prudent.
I get it but i find it hard to imagine they'll get a good idea of what they have with arguably the worst offensive roster in the league. A young and undeveloped QB needs help. We all know where this is headed, even if many don't want to admit it.

You are assuming he actually thinks for himself… ?
Ahhh yes... I, who has a history of taking the "contrarian" stance that ends up being the correct one doesn't think for himself lmaooooo
I've ran circles around you on this board, which is why you pick and choose when to respond to me and when to pretend to have me on your ignore list. You've also been a Bears fan for 12 minutes.

Speaking of contrarian stances, remember when you said Deshaun Watson was never good when he has a top 1-3 career QB rating in a season where he led the league in yardage? Somehow he's terrible and is the reason his team loses but when Fields puts up 120 yards and 2 turnovers, its not his fault hahahahahahah get fucked

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I get it but i find it hard to imagine they'll get a good idea of what they have with arguably the worst offensive roster in the league. A young and undeveloped QB needs help. We all know where this is headed, even if many don't want to admit it.
I'm actually optimistic as far as looking better than we did last year (2021 Offense vs. this 2022 Offense). Even with what we currently have. And if we do, that's progress to me.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm actually optimistic as far as looking better than we did last year (2021 Offense vs. this 2022 Offense). Even with what we currently have. And if we do, that's progress to me.
Well yeah i expect them to be better based on no Nagy and Fields having more time to practice with the ones, but i dont see it being such a significant jump to where we feel confident that they know what they have. Its really hard to be as bad as they were last season.

He has no way of spinning his lies. The well is conveniently dry again.