*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I am all for the salary cap going up, and the players getting every dime they can get, but I wish the money was spread around a lot better. I think it is time for the NFL to start looking into a Max contract scenario, something like the NBA has, with tweaks obviously.
Yeah QBs making 25% of the cap on a team of 53 is crazy - the league has already encountered and solved this problem with rookie QBs I’m optimistic they will eventually implement a max contract for vet QBs.

Canth

Liked Posts:

He's not wrong though as people keep mistaking longevity at the qb position in the NFL with the HOF. Especially in the modern NFL where the rules heavily favor the offense, QB's (outside of Chicago) can put up big numbers year after year. So, simply being a starting qb in the NFL for 10+ years is putting their stats above guys already in the HOF. Therefore, media, fans, and now apparently players just start assuming any long time NFL starting QB in the NFL automatically gets into the HOF.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I am all for the salary cap going up, and the players getting every dime they can get, but I wish the money was spread around a lot better. I think it is time for the NFL to start looking into a Max contract scenario, something like the NBA has, with tweaks obviously.

It will be interesting if they tie the maximum value to like, a percentage of the cap. That way, the number can still grow every year and it more easily highlights what is going on. For that matter, it would be interesting to see if any of the qb's and teams work something like that out without a 'cap' defined - just make the guy a long term contract, hell even a Mahomes like 10 years, but tie it to a percentage of the cap.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Well, it would have made Velus Jones Jr drawing attempt a little more understandable.

Premonition! Either that or trolling if this is happening as an alternate ?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts: