Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This was predictable, NoShowquan is back in town. I don't need the meatball, Bears forever soundbites, but he has never seemed to really care about being a "Bear" , in the Tillman, Urlacher, Alex Brown sense. From his original holdout he has seemed more of a really good player that just wants to chase the money.

I'm not even saying that is wrong, but his personality seems to be more of a mercenary Briggs, Peppers, Jared Allen type.

Last edited:

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"Yes man poles strikes again"

How this is Poles fault?

Smith is still under valid contract.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Report is that the contract isn't close to what he's looking for. Maybe give your best player a contract worth signing?

If he made Roquan the highest paid linebacker in the league, some would probably call him an idiot

Just saying, don't know how much Roquan wants or how much they offered

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If he made Roquan the highest paid linebacker in the league, some would probably call him an idiot

Just saying, don't know how much Roquan wants or how much they offered
You bet your ass they would. But all off-season it's been nothing but "how is this Poles fault" and every move he makes is the right one. Every move he doesn't make is the wrong one. All of these moves help Fields even though many of them really don't. Lets face it, we're at a new cupcake phase of the latest GM who most people outside of this fanbase would say has has a rocky and underwhelming start. Doesn't mean he's bad or will be bad.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
"Yes man poles strikes again"

How this is Poles fault?

Smith is still under valid contract.
Was about to ask that just to confirm... so what is the logic: even though he's under contract, he' s thinking he doesn't want to risk getting hurt and jeopardize his next deal... and just get fined each day that he's absent instead?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The logic is just like teams can terminate contracts at will players can hold out at will. Or they can go to the nba way which it doesn’t seem ownership wants to do that either.

I love how everyone capes for these billionaire owners lol lol. Players might as well play for free we should go back to the days of the coliseum

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Was about to ask that just to confirm... so what is the logic: even though he's under contract, he' s thinking he doesn't want to risk getting hurt and jeopardize his next deal... and just get fined each day that he's absent instead?

To be fair, I would say Roquan has outperformed his contract and is on his 5th year of his rookie deal

He deserves the contract

Brownie

Liked Posts:
The logic is just like teams can terminate contracts at will players can hold out at will. Or they can go to the nba way which it doesn’t seem ownership wants to do that either.

I love how everyone capes for these billionaire owners lol lol. Players might as well play for free we should go back to the days of the coliseum
I don't have a dog in this fight, I hope he does get paid. But I'm honestly asking: is the reason for holding out to avoid unnecessary injury that might impact negotiations, or is it just a personal decision? I can understand the former, but if it's the latter it seems counter productive if money is indeed the issue.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This was predictable, NoShowquan is back in town. I don't need the meatball, Bears forever soundbites, but he has never seemed to really care about being a "Bear" , in the Tillman, Urlacher, Alex Brown sense. From his original holdout he has seemed more of a really good player that just wants to chase the money.

I'm not even saying that is wrong, but his personality seems to be more of a mercenary Briggs, Peppers, Jared Allen type.
I love that and i'm using it in the future. thank you 1658785438706.png

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don't have a dog in this fight, I hope he does get paid. But I'm honestly asking: is the reason for holding out to avoid unnecessary injury that might impact negotiations, or is it just a personal decision? I can understand the former, but if it's the latter it seems counter productive if money is indeed the issue.
It’s just part of the game. It’s a part of how the nfl is structured that the fans don’t like. Some of it is in case of injury. Some of it is a negotiating tactic. Allot of these guys are lucky to get that second contract and their agents job is to maximize it. All the other major sports have guaranteed contracts so can’t blame the players here for making sure they are locked in legit contracts

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Roquan also doesn't have an agent and negotiates his own deals. Dont know how much that plays into it

Visionman

Liked Posts:
To be fair, I would say Roquan has outperformed his contract and is on his 5th year of his rookie deal

He deserves the contract
He’s playing in a completely different defense with a completely different coaching staff that has zero allegiance to him. He might want to reconsider his strategy….

Brownie

Liked Posts:
It’s just part of the game. It’s a part of how the nfl is structured that the fans don’t like. Some of it is in case of injury. Some of it is a negotiating tactic. Allot of these guys are lucky to get that second contract and their agents job is to maximize it. All the other major sports have guaranteed contracts so can’t blame the players here for making sure they are locked in legit contracts
I understand all that, trust me. It doesn't bother me personally just wondering how it makes his situation more advantageous to HIM... beyond the knee-jerk take that it forces the organizations hand to get a deal done. I thought both sides were willing partners but I guess its a bit harder with management in flux too.