*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Depends if they run more of a cover 3 blend, but if any form of his D is Tampa 2, we are screwed
Yes, if the new staff asks the players to run a defense they aren’t capable of running effectively, we would be screwed.

That’s why the hope is we’ve hired a GM and HC that won’t do that…

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Depends if they run more of a cover 3 blend, but if any form of his D is Tampa 2, we are screwed
I don't think Eberflus had Bobby Okereke playing much centerfield in Indy.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

More and more stuff like this is coming out on Eberflus which, combined with the staff he is putting together and the front office Poles is putting together, has me damn excited.

I see a plan coming together, one that will transform the Bears going forward.

It's part of the reason why I think this will end up a better hire than if the Vikes hire Harbaugh.

He's a familiar name with a reputation for wearing out his welcome.

We have a leader who knows how to adjust, and has concrete and solid plans to fix this team.

I'm just feeling really damn good the further along we go with all of this...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Correct and correct.

Remember that the Bears only fairly recently started using a GM. If you go back even just a few decades, you have an owner-selected kingmaker making all the decisions.

Bears need to get into the late 20th century, not to even mention the 21st century.
The Bears have had a GM since 1974.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mark Hayley*, the guy that drafted Urlacher, had some less than GM title.

*Hatley.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Mark Hayley, the guy that drafted Urlacher, had some less than GM title.
Yep. Vice President of Pro Personnel. Weird. Essntially GM, but for some reason not the GM title. Weird.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mark Hatley was the de facto GM because Wannstedt had final roster say, and was higher in the organization. Might have had the final say on draft choices. It was ridiculous, Wannie was so far over his head.

Joker85

Liked Posts:
Agree 100%. Keep him with Mooney, one less hole to fill, and then target OL/WR depth later in the draft. Develop TE, as Kmet COULD be solid.
He quit on the field multiple times. Rewarding him by bringing him back would undermine any culture changes the new regime tries to instill.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Agree 100%. Keep him with Mooney, one less hole to fill, and then target OL/WR depth later in the draft. Develop TE, as Kmet COULD be solid.
Depends on how much the asking price is. There are some nice FA Wrs who will probably be cheaper and could pair well with Mooney.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He quit on the field multiple times. Rewarding him by bringing him back would undermine any culture changes the new regime tries to instill.
Dude was sick of the BS play-calling and not being used right and the same for Fields. It was a shitshow. I'm not surprised he gave less than 100%. So, you've never worked at a job where the bullshit, red tape, and lies killed your spirit? I'm willing to give him a chance.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Since he’s a FA, we are paying to fill a hole though. Paying a lot for a guy who quit.