*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Rise

Liked Posts:
Actually, that is exactly when I turned my back completely on Detroit.

There’s no benefit to not switching teams if all you do is complain about the one you’re supposedly a fan of…

You literally like every move like you’re Larry Meyer. I have praised the hiring of Poles and Getsy. I think for myself I don’t just blindly love every move my team makes. That makes me unpopular so be it.

As for this oline hire it’s just meh and underwhelming. It won’t make or break Eberflus career though. The real question is why are you battling so hard for the guy? Is this who you had pegged from the start?

How many of you back in December wanted Eberflus? Think for yourselves.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I like the GM/HC hires, so I'm going to give them time to hire their staff. I am not in the building, I don't work in the NFL, so WTF do I know about the vast majority of these guys? But I like the first three hires, we'll see if DC is good. They have a plan and seem to be executing it. It's already 1000% better than Pace/Nagy.
I can’t complain about the majority of the hires because I don’t know much about them. I’m sure this is the case for most people. But it’s nice to see players/coaches come out and speak highly about them. But I agree the new DC is the biggest question mark for me.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You literally like every move like you’re Larry Meyer. I have praised the hiring of Poles and Getsy. I think for myself I don’t just blindly love every move my team makes. That makes me unpopular so be it.

As for this oline hire it’s just meh and underwhelming. It won’t make or break Eberflus career though. The real question is why are you battling so hard for the guy? Is this who you had pegged from the start?

No, I literally don’t complain about every move until I actually see some games and see how they perform. You should try it sometime…

I said a bit ago I hadn’t heard of Morgan until this morning. Why would I complain about the hire when I don’t know much about the guy yet???

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Dude, chill the fuck out.

You're the one on this crusade to get everyone to hate every move as much as you do.

Most of us normal human beings are just waiting to see, but thus far have liked the process and the urgency the Bears have moved with, and the overall way they are structuring things, both front office and coaching staff (HC being a CEO rather than a play caller).

What the fuck does it matter to you if people don't agree with you? No one is blindly singing anything - we just also aren't outright shitting on everything either. Its called moderation.

Dpaw

Liked Posts:
I’m not going to give these mediocre hires the benefit of the doubt, No reason to be excited about them, or to even like them, it’s just meh.

And yeah I don’t switch teams, that’s for weak minded losers like @Visionman. I’m sure he was beating the drum for the rocket scientist Matt Patricia when he was hired as well.
Just because you never heard of the guy doesn’t mean he mediocre. I’d rather hire a guy who’s going to put in work and motivate rather than hire on name alone. Once again though what half a year of work in Carolina impressed you the most about Brady???

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steelers actually had one of the worst lines in football. Which is why they ran lots of short quick passes
They let two starters go in 2020 FA, to sign Watt to an extension. They were severely undermanned which was such a head scratcher when they drafted Harris. In short, no coach would have been able to fix that.. they were worse than Chicago IMO

Here's a good article on that shit show: Grading each starter on Steelers offensive line during the 2021 season

Rise

Liked Posts:
Dude, chill the fuck out.

You're the one on this crusade to get everyone to hate every move as much as you do.

Most of us normal human beings are just waiting to see, but thus far have liked the process and the urgency the Bears have moved with, and the overall way they are structuring things, both front office and coaching staff (HC being a CEO rather than a play caller).

What the fuck does it matter to you if people don't agree with you? No one is blindly singing anything - we just also aren't outright shitting on everything either. Its called moderation.

You’re just a Twitter parrot. I know exactly where you get your thoughts I don’t need you to reinforce them.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Just because you never heard of the guy doesn’t mean he mediocre. I’d rather hire a guy who’s going to put in work and motivate rather than hire on name alone. Once again though what half a year of work in Carolina impressed you the most about Brady???

He wasn’t going to be hired as an OC for one. Let me
Ask you this, would you have hated the hire if Brady was the Bears QB Coach? Sure sounds like it.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I like the idea of Jim Caldwell coaching Fields, Getsy is the OC and he needs to instill the offensive system he has in mind.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Steelers do have a good line though, so there is potential there.
If you go by PFF rankings (which granted, are not always reliable but at least a point to reference) 2017 and 2018, the Falcons had great lines. From there on, it was a slide to bottom third of the NFL the remainder of his tenure. The Steelers this year were ranked worse than the Bears in their rankings.

Who knows, he could do great and I'd love to see it. Results on the field and development of prospects will have the final word. Just not super excited about the hire based on the last 4 seasons worth of results.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to disagree. They ran a lot, but not all that well. Harris averaged 3.9 ypc. I don't blame the coaching the OL talent was awful
Their OL was pretty hodge podge...I thought coaching held up it as good as it could.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Steelers actually had one of the worst lines in football. Which is why they ran lots of short quick passes
And a quarterback who lost a step and some arm strength. Lest we forget.