1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
This is so damn confusing.

So is he staying with Pittsburgh because he was promoted or is he coming to chicago?
He was Asst and promoted to that position I believe but was a free agent coach

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you're excluding Daniels because a UFA then fine...but Daniels is pretty athletic and physical.
I'm excluding him for that reason and also for the reason that he's too inconsistent.

There's also the third thing where he was never one of the guys who helped Fields up when sacked, and that is a huge pet peeve of Poles.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh, I’ve got no problem giving him a chance. I’m fine with that. Maybe he’ll be good. I just don’t think that’s likely, though.

I’m fine with giving Eberflus a fair shake while also acknowledging that he’s likely to fail. I see nothing in his track record or the Bears’ track record that would cause me to expect success.

When you say, “how they are putting together a staff, if feels very polished in how they're going about it,” what do you mean? Eberflus is only hiring people he’s already close to, and they’re all first timers at their positions. How is that “polished”?

Remember though, I'm talking about the process more so than the people.

As a defensive coordinator, the people who are getting hired right now are all people who came over from Indianapolis. Usually a head coach from a side of the ball will be allowed to take one coach with him. He's practically taking all of them.

Now one could say this is a bad thing because the head coach of Indy is allowing them all to go. But then considered that Indy has had a top 10 defense since Eberflus was there. And now the same coaching crew is going with him and everybody gets a nice little bump up for the most part. We could be looking back at this as the worst mistake Frank Reich ever made.

Switch over to offense, and while The hires have not come in as quickly, the OC we got is extremely highly thought of in League circles.

They are bringing in quality people who are well thought of around the league, across the board. Us fans may not have heard of them, but reports have been very good across League circles and that hasn't always been the case.

All in all it just seems like a very methodical and polished yet uptempo search to fill out the coaching staff. And what makes it special, for those of us paying attention, is that it isn't special, at least not for GOOD teams. We may not know the names, but how it's being done is how better organizations put together a coaching staff.

So for those of us who pay attention to such things it's really encouraging.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He was promoted to interim offensive line coach in December. Now he’s taking the offensive line coach job for the Bears. That article in the tweet is old.
Thank you for the clarification

Dpaw

Liked Posts:
I’m not avoiding anything, you are. You were trying to discredit him because the Bears didn’t hire him. It’s common knowledge why he had options, and why he was fired.
I literally said I’d be ok if they hired him lol…reading comprehension my friend. What do you like about Brady so much? It’s an easy question.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
That's why I think with the right coach teaching him the NFL there's no excuse for Daniels to not be playing center.
He was predicted as round 2 center. He went round 2 center. We try him for a very short time and decide he can't call the defense. So coach him to.

Whitehair had too many bad snaps for me to trust. Maybe he can call protections but not being able to get the ball to the QB is pretty important.
What is even worse is not having one of the guards, say Whitehair, calling the protections and Daniels snapping the ball.

There is no NFL rule that says that only the center can call the protections.

Stupid assed Chicago Bears blew it again.

Reactions: Myk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just saw where the Bears named Alan Williams as the new DC. No surprise, another former Colts coach....this time the safeties.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I literally said I’d be ok if they hired him lol…reading comprehension my friend. What do you like about Brady so much? It’s an easy question.

No my reading comprehension is fine, you said “what about his six months at Carolina makes me excited about the hire” which is a clear attempt to discredit the man.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So what’s most likely is that he’s a success?

No I don't think we have enough info to judge either way. Unless you just taking the position that most coaches fail period.

Rise

Liked Posts:
No I don't think we have enough info to judge either way. Unless you just taking the position that most coaches fail period.

What an exciting off-season! The Chicago Bears, bringing you who the fook is that guy I don’t know let’s wait and see since 1918.