*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Id bet on it. I also like how he isn't out here begging for people to follow him and give him credit. A true pro.
if someone like brandon jacobs were to learn proper grammar and become a credentialed journalist, do you think mighty c3p0 would unfollow him?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Winman actually break any news or just wind?

I've seen him claim to break things (but the time stamps never line up to back that up) - is he just a heckler with too much time on his hands?
I’m pretty sure dabearsblog, aka #trainingbrabacktits steals content from Harold

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When was the last time a head coach was fired and his DC was then names the coach of that team?

I bet it's been a while since that happened. Probably never when the coach was fired after one year.
I think Lovie got fired in Tampa and they replaced him with his OC. But you right, this is weird that Culley got fired but all his staff is still in place.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Lovie got fired in Tampa and they replaced him with his OC. But you right, this is weird that Culley got fired but all his staff is still in place.
I don’t believe the staff moves till a new HC is hired and basically dismisses them. Remember when Nagy was hired Fangio was still around

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

“The remarkable thing about the Bears hiring Matt Eberflus was how early it came in the cycle. Chicago was one of the first teams to hire a head coach, and nobody expected the Colts’ defensive coordinator to be a hot commodity.

I tend to think too much is made of a coach’s prior role, but it at least offers insight into their top priorities. For the life of me I cannot understand why Chicago went for a defensive-minded coach when the No. 1 priority should be to develop Justin Fields. It just makes no sense to me.

Eberflus must have interviewed extremely well, because this is a serious head scratcher. He’s not exactly young, or dynamic, or anything you’d expect Chicago to be looking for. It could be good, but the tea leaves are pointing to this being another mediocre coaching hire for the Bears. It’s a damn shame.

Grade: D”

So Bears we’re praised for the Nagy hire so this means SB

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That's right. I think Koetter had been put in by management to work with Winston and they didn't want to lose Koetter so they made him HC.