1. Syracuse Orange
Make-Simple-White-Dress-More-Fun-Eye-Catching-Handbag.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
More than you evidently.

I am sure your privilege actually makes you think that is true.

Yes. Surprisingly, even minority HC candidates need to be qualified in order to have a chance at being a HC. And even then, the qualifications each team looks for are different, so even if you’re qualified for one, it doesn’t mean you are for all. And that has NOTHING to do with the color of your skin or where you are from.

Could it be a factor? Yes. But lifting up a guy with serious flaws in his resume as the guy who was obviously discriminated against is the stupidest thing ever, and does NOTHING to help the cause. In fact, it hurts it.

Says the guy defending Josh McCown's candidacy. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You spend pages defending white unqualified coach getting a chance but then are a stickler for qualifications when it comes to black coaches with actual NFL experience.

Vision to black coaches - Qualifications matter.

Vision about unqualified Josh McCown - Maybe they really really like him.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Doesn’t that work the other way? Aren’t there definitely some black dudes that don’t like when white dudes or women challenge them?

Extrapolated further….as a whole, do people like to be challenged? Most don’t. Some do.

It works all ways. The issue is since more white guys are in power their biases are more influential.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rogers wants to be the highest paid player in the NFL and you have him signing a deal at $21M when Mahomes and Allen are making $40M +?

Like Shaggy said, "It wasnt me." That was the poster I responded to.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Rogers wants to be the highest paid player in the NFL and you have him signing a deal at $21M when Mahomes and Allen are making $40M +?
If Rodgers seriously wants to win a super bowl in Green Bay he will have to stop with trying to be the highest paid quarterback. He has made plenty of cash and it would be in the teams best interest if he dialed back that nothing.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I’ll write some more about this later, but Wright is 300 lbs. I looked at the SF line and watched a lot of Denver in their SP runs. They seem to prefer lighter and more agile O line guys. This may be a blueprint for what they’re looking for in the draft.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’m not sure what’s going on but the last week this board has been extremely civil and a delight to come on and get useful information, especially in this thread. I hope it lasts forever. Keep up the great work everyone

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Yes. Surprisingly, even minority HC candidates need to be qualified in order to have a chance at being a HC. And even then, the qualifications each team looks for are different, so even if you’re qualified for one, it doesn’t mean you are for all. And that has NOTHING to do with the color of your skin or where you are from.

Could it be a factor? Yes. But lifting up a guy with serious flaws in his resume as the guy who was obviously discriminated against is the stupidest thing ever, and does NOTHING to help the cause. In fact, it hurts it.
Come on, the whole argument about the Texans was they were about to hire a dude who had 0, zero, cero, qualifications!

There ‘s no way any rational human being looks at Byron Leftwich vs. Josh Mccown in an objective manner and thinks, yeah, Mccown’s way more qualified to coach. Come on now!

Yeah, is it the base stupidity of their owner or the objective reality of systemic racism? It wasn’t very long ago when Black kids weren’t considered fit to play QB. Pollian caught a bit of that old thinking with his Lamar Jackson would be a great WR quote. Yeah, no shit, but he’s a better QB. Black QBs used to get switched to play WR in the NFL.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue, but the reality is that there was a distinct possibility that of 9 HCs being hired this year, none would have been Black. It fully appears that the lawsuit shoehorned a Black dude and a muliti-racial dude in at the last second to save face. So, it appears that the lawsuit was neither stupid nor frivolous, but, in fact, caused the change it sought to create.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure what’s going on but the last week this board has been extremely civil and a delight to come on and get useful information, especially in this thread. I hope it lasts forever. Keep up the great work everyone
Have you made any progress on getting one of the board trolls to let you suck them off?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Come on, the whole argument about the Texans was they were about to hire a dude who had 0, zero, cero, qualifications!

There ‘s no way any rational human being looks at Byron Leftwich vs. Josh Mccown in an objective manner and thinks, yeah, Mccown’s way more qualified to coach. Come on now!

Yeah, is it the base stupidity of their owner or the objective reality of systemic racism? It wasn’t very long ago when Black kids weren’t considered fit to play QB. Pollian caught a bit of that old thinking with his Lamar Jackson would be a great WR quote. Yeah, no shit, but he’s a better QB. Black QBs used to get switched to play WR in the NFL.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue, but the reality is that there was a distinct possibility that of 9 HCs being hired this year, none would have been Black. It fully appears that the lawsuit shoehorned a Black dude and a muliti-racial dude in at the last second to save face. So, it appears that the lawsuit was neither stupid nor frivolous, but, in fact, caused the change it sought to create.
So are you claiming that Ryan Poles, a black man, is racist because he hired a white HC? It isn’t always about race, people,..

Flores was a HC. He wasn’t discriminated against. He just wasn’t good enough and then burned every bridge that could have possibly got him another shot.

Lovie got a 3rd shot. Caldwell, even being ancient, almost got yet another shot. Good coaches, no matter the color of their skin, get shots if they keep pursuing it.