*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

I would love to see the 2023 salary cap if the Packers tried this. Not willing to do the math though.

And even still, the team is no better than they were this year... all for an "all in year". Even if Rodgers goes for it, he would never stay past next year knowing how crippled the team would be in 2023. And his contract would reflect that. So the Packers know they get nothing for him after this year. They know they would be automatically bad for multiple years after 2022.

I am not running a franchise but I would rather get multiple first rounders for him while seeing what I have in Love and even if he fails, can take a stab at a QB easily in the 2023 draft.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
As a Bears fan, I honestly hope the Packers are dumb enough to go all in for Rodgers in 2022. We can put up with him for one more year knowing how piss poor their team is going to be for several years after.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Jordan Love played in TWO fucking games. I have no clue how any team would give up on a FIRST ROUND draft pick after 2 games. Just unbelievably dumb.

BearsFan1234

Liked Posts:
As a Bears fan, I honestly hope the Packers are dumb enough to go all in for Rodgers in 2022. We can put up with him for one more year knowing how piss poor their team is going to be for several years after.
We said that after Favre left and that did not happen

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Would you rather have:
1st round draft pick starting after 2 years of sitting
Multiple future 1st round draft picks
Loads of cap room to sign elite free agents

Or:
A 38 year old HOF QB playing in his last year giving you about a 1/10 chance of a superbowl
No cap room to sign free agents
No free agent signings next year or the year after
Back end contracts on aging players going into future years that can not be voided

Aaron Rodgers gonna be doing the Packers a favor by asking for a trade. Don't do it Aaron. Make the Packers pay up!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I wonder if John Lynch is talking to Rodgers privately saying how much he would love to have him on the 49ers with that stacked team. Or really any outside coaches/GMs that could influence Rodgers decision.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
"led the team to the playoffs twice"
This guy is an idiot.

I think Trubisky is the worse pick but Love is the dumber pick.
I think Trubisky is worse because you arguably passed on two generational talents .

Defense got them to playoffs twice.

GB started the Rodgers fiasco with the Love pick and it is a wasted late first.

Question is who was available that could have been a difference maker in the playoffs for them. Dumbass move on their part for sure.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Why would he do that? You forgot 49ers drafted Lance?
Unless they want him to sit for two more years. Would be an idiotic maneuver but curious if they see a window with Rodgers even though they beat him ?