*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know. QBs get driven up the board and he is the #1 QB on most teams boards. They can't keep passing up QBs.
He would be #5-6 QB last year, and when did they go? It would be stupid to pass up on franchise DE for a 2nd round QB prospect. They could possibly still get Howell at #32 or #34.

Or

Trade down in the 10-15 range and then possibly get him ( I hope not).

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Why the f would he sign that when Kirk just got 21m? To me, he should expect 31m
Yeah but the Kirk Contract likely won't pay out that much. Everyone says 21M, but it's actually 18M with incentives. That, and it's doubtful he sees beyond two years of that contract.

The face value is not the real value of the contract.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He would be #5-6 QB last year, and when did they go? It would be stupid to pass up on franchise DE for a 2nd round QB prospect. They could possibly still get Howell at #32 or #34.

Or

Trade down in the 10-15 range and then possibly get him ( I hope not).
Or D.Ridder at #32

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Props to @Dejo for making this the THREAD of the offseason. And no offense, but everytime I see you post I put a "Pen" in front of your handle. It's nothing personal, but growing up in Tucson and El Paso will make you do that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think it's the cool thing to say Pace gave out bad contracts and was terrible with spending.

Truth is, the media or fans would overstate the contract terms without reading the fine print. What really bad contracts were we stuck with that we couldn't get out of?

Eddie Jackson is an example if rewarding your in-house player and him going to trash once getting paid.
Trevathan 2nd contract was bad, but not detrimental to the roster. He played well for us and the injury bug ruined him.
I'll give you all Jimmy Graham, but at the same time the TE market was depleted.

Pace stood his ground with A-Rob.
We didn't hand out Trubisky a premature 5th yr option.
We have tons of cap space the next two years.

More people complain. Yet our new GM has paid top dollar to a DT that had one decent year in Cincinnati, yet coming off injury. I'm fine with swinging, just don't act like its any different than what Pace did.
The is virtual no contract you cant get out of so that is a strawmanargument.
The list of really bad contracts from Pace is long:
Contracts you knew were bad the minute you heard the terms:
Glennon
Graham
Cohen
Travathan
Foles
Dalton
Chase Daniel

Contracts that in the best case scenario wouldn't be terrible but ended up that way:
Jackson
Graham
Bobbie Massie
Goldman

And then there were the countless Dion Sims and Kendal Wright and ___________(insert retread safety here).

Those are usually offset by the FA bargins that the GM also signs, but other than Hicks, is there is one?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Yeah but the Kirk Contract likely won't pay out that much. Everyone says 21M, but it's actually 18M with incentives. That, and it's doubtful he sees beyond two years of that contract.

The face value is not the real value of the contract.
18m is still egregious for Kirk. And why shouldn't Adams, the alleged best receiver in the NFL, be paid significantly more than some productive, but not great, slot WR.

Christian Kirk isn't even probowl calibur. He's a nice guy to have. But he's not a player teams are game planning for.

And if it's a window drawing for salary, shouldn't Adams expect the same?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
18m is still egregious for Kirk. And why shouldn't Adams, the alleged best receiver in the NFL, be paid significantly more than some productive, but not great, slot WR.

Christian Kirk isn't even probowl calibur. He's a nice guy to have. But he's not a player teams are game planning for.
If Kirk is worth $18 million then Adams is worth at least $30.