J.James
G.Ifedi
DHC
D.Bush
T.Gipson
A.Ogeltree
A.Hicks
B.Nichols

Every one of those guys are great/good starters or good backup players.

Now tell me what garbage pff has to say about them??

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If its me, I'm keeping the one WR I have on a friendly contract...but it is the Jags..
At the same time though, they spent a ludicrous amount of money on Kirk and Zay Jones. They presumably wouldn't have done that if they didn't think they needed guys to play ahead of Shenault. If they don't have plans for him then grabbing a 6th rounder for him and then replacing him on the roster with another random $1.5 million guy from the free agent market wouldn't be a bad idea.

Just for shits and giggles, looking at the Jags top 4 receiving options, they'll collectively be making at least $43 million next year (using their average per-year contract price)... and their names are Marvin Jones Jr, Christian Kirk, Zay Jones and Evan Engram.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
At the same time though, they spent a ludicrous amount of money on Kirk and Zay Jones. They presumably wouldn't have done that if they didn't think they needed guys to play ahead of Shenault. If they don't have plans for him then grabbing a 6th rounder for him and then replacing him on the roster with another random $1.5 million guy from the free agent market wouldn't be a bad idea.
The whole trade for Shenault thing came out because of a tweet from someone that got posted on here that the Jags are looking to trade him and i think even said something about how a 5th round pick could get it done.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The whole trade for Shenault thing came out because of a tweet from someone that got posted on here that the Jags are looking to trade him and i think even said something about how a 5th round pick could get it done.
Yea I know and just speculating about it. If he could be had for a 6th then I'd do it in a heartbeat. That's all you'd likely be doing with a 6th round pick anyway: rolling the dice on physical talent.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is the kind of unexpected cut,non-comp pick affecting, value signing that would get me excited.

Have not watched much of hooper the last couple years since he signed w/ the browns....but isn't his game similar to Cole Kermit?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Never thought Shenault was ever used correctly by the Jags. He really needs to be used in the pros just like he was in college at Colorado, slot, wide, and at times in the backfield.

I've always liked him, and every time I watched the jags he would impress me with his flashes. Not sure they would give him up just for a 6th tho...

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He’s an awesome talent that could really blow up in the right scheme.
Shenault could definitely be utilized better, but he's a poor route runner and has an issue with drops. He runs crisp routes and can create separation, but as a slot guy he needs to be precise and come out of breaks at certain yard marks and I don't think he does that well. He could probably be coached better on that. Personally I don't want him unless it's for like a conditional 7th because I don't think he'll ever be a good nfl wr

dennehy

Liked Posts:
To me Shenault is a guy you get touches for more so than a receiver. Bubble screens, end arounds, the occasional go or post or corner route. He's not a guy that's going to attack the middle of the field with savvy or find the hole in a zone. But he can get looks short and create space long.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lol, what an endictment of how bad a judge of talent both Nagy and Pace really were. This guy who the league views as worthy of only a Futures contract was once penciled in as a our #2 receiver.
It happens all the time. Like half of second rounders never get a real second contract.