*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why does everyone want to pay top dollar to Terron Armstead when he has never started a full 16 games in 9 seasons. In his 9 seasons he has missed 9,2,1,6,6,9,3,2, and 10 games. Seems like a waste if he isn't reliable.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I don't think Flowers is a great fit for zone.

If nothing else, it's another veteran on the market that maybe affects (hopefully lowers) the asking price of other options that the Bears may want.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Why does everyone want to pay top dollar to Terron Armstead when he has never started a full 16 games in 9 seasons. In his 9 seasons he has missed 9,2,1,6,6,9,3,2, and 10 games. Seems like a waste if he isn't reliable.
What?

Looks like it's:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Every one of those guys are fine scheme fits and you won't find backups that are significantly better than any of these guys for the same price or around it but you can now tell me how they aren't good scheme fits and how you can find player at their level cheaper.

I will never ever get into another remy vortex.....too scary in there and a lot of talk that really don't have much meaning behind it besides you telling people you know all and we don't know as much as you.....PFF Hahahaha.
A.Robinson - He already proved he was not a fit with Fields so no let him go. Fields needs guys that can get vertical.
D.Williams - Unless we trade Monty, it is stupid to spend 1m on a 3rd RB. Just get a guy for rookie minimum as a rookie FA.
J.James - Not a vertical threat and is redundent with Kmet.
G.Ifedi - He is not mobile enough.
DHC - Doesnt have the range you want in a Cover 2 S.
D.Bush - Again not enough range.
T.Gipson - Again not enough range.
A.Ogeltree - He is more of a WILL as undersized but so is Quan and Morrow so redundent. We need to invest in a couple of LBs that can hold up against the run to balance out Quan and Morrow.
A.Hicks - He works as a 3T but already paid Larry O and also have Edwards. We arent paying 5-8m for a third 3T.
B.Nichols - Again Larry O is a better scheme fit. Nicholls can play 3T too but no need to have a 3rd 3T at 5m per.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Deebo is a much better route runner imo, but in general yes.

Yes Deebo is but more a comment on play style.
That's what we've all have been saying.

No that is what you have been describing. I put actual names to the play style you were describing to better provide an illustration.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Robinson did not click with Fields. Sorry. He is not a fit for Fields skill set.

A.Robinson - He already proved he was not a fit with Fields so no let him go. Fields needs guys that can get vertical.
D.Williams - Unless we trade Monty, it is stupid to spend 1m on a 3rd RB. Just get a guy for rookie minimum as a rookie FA.
J.James - Not a vertical threat and is redundent with Kmet.
G.Ifedi - He is not mobile enough.
DHC - Doesnt have the range you want in a Cover 2 S.
D.Bush - Again not enough range.
T.Gipson - Again not enough range.
A.Ogeltree - He is more of a WILL as undersized but so is Quan and Morrow so redundent. We need to invest on a couole of LBs that can hold up against the run to balance out Quan and Morrow.
A.Hicks - He works as a 3T but already paid Larry O and also have Edwards. We arent paying 5-8m for a third 3T.
B.Nichols - Again Larry O is a better scheme fit. Nicholls can play 3T too but no need to have a 3rd 3T at 5m per.
.........DERP

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
what is this about range in a cover 2 ???? Any good safety can cover half a field…..

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes Deebo is but more a comment on play style.

No that is what you have been describing. I put actual names to the play style you were describing to better provide an illustration.
What was that? I couldn't hear you.