*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
As long as his line protects him JFields will be good and will develop chemistry with most any wideout we bring in. But notice that word “develop” chemistry. He has that already with Olave. This could be wishful thinking but I have a feeling Poles is going to package a pick or two together (1 this year and/or 1 this year and a late rounder next year) to move up into the 1st round and snag Olave.

That may why he is not bringing in one of these middling/also ran FA wideouts that other teams seem to be overpaying for.
Olave will go in the first half of 1st round, would take a lot to get that high.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The fact that trevathan and Cohen are June 1st cut designations does mean that they aren't going to be cutting Cody Whitehair, at least not before the season starts.

Most already knew this, but there was still a potential for significant savings if he were cut and designated as a post June 1st cut.

That was the only way however to recoup money this season from his contract, so it definitely looks like he makes the team this year.
They used their 2 post June 1 cuts on Danny & Cohen. I'm sure you only get 2.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That would be the only reason for him to go there, no? Ridley is suspended for a year and they lost Gage. Their only receiving option is Pitts while their defense isn't all that good. The Saints are a much more complete team until next year when they're like $20 mil over the cap with only 30 some players signed.
The Saints don't have Sean Payton anymore either, which is a big deal imo. Are the Saints on the upswing... I'd think no, but neither is ATL lol

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Saints don't have Sean Payton anymore either, which is a big deal imo. Are the Saints on the upswing... I'd think no, but neither is ATL lol

Maybe those 2 cities have the most renown massage parlours?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They used their 2 post June 1 cuts on Danny & Cohen. I'm sure you only get 2.

Yes, that was my point.

Although it was pointed out that nothing actually prevents them from cutting Cody after June 1st - you just can only have 2 early cuts designated for that distinction. Everyone else you have to wait until its actually after June 1st.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Can we at least agree to forget the Watson news once he goes to a new team? Or do we need constant updates then too?

I know some on this board slobber over any Watson news, but they can go to that other teams board and get satisfied…
Well said, the same goes for Erin in GB.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Bars, Tabor and Wilkinson all signed with other teams today. Nichols, Daniels and Grant yesterday. It truly is the end of an era.