*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Everyone is talking about Armstead, but Bates may be the lineman that the Bears offer the most money. Young 25, scheme fit 6-4 305 athletic, can play OG with some snaps at OT. So, you have a young athletic lineman on the rise or a very good older veteran with injury history. I think Poles goes for the young guy.
Still have to worry about LT though. I think Jenkins belongs at RT.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Looking at this I don't see how DK makes it to free agency for us to even make a run for him. Seattle has no QB to pay, no RBs, LTs, DEs, CBs or any other big money positions to pay. They can give him however much he wants to stay.

The only way I see us getting DK is if he makes it known he wants out and Seattle obliges.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Looking at this I don't see how DK makes it to free agency for us to even make a run for him. Seattle has no QB to pay, no RBs, LTs, DEs, CBs or any other big money positions to pay. They can give him however much he wants to stay.

The only way I see us getting DK is if he makes it known he wants out and Seattle obliges.
Seattle is heading towards a re build in the post Wilson era. Are they going to want to pay DK top money when they aren’t going to be competitive?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Seattle is heading towards a re build in the post Wilson era. Are they going to want to pay DK top money when they aren’t going to be competitive?

There are still QB moves that will/need to be made in the coming days. Both Garoppolo and Mayfield should be traded in the coming days. Seattle is likely in some of those discussions, although it is much more likely for them to get Mayfield (between those two) as that would be out of conference/division. Mayfield may want Indy, but he may not get that choice. They get either of those two and they can compete to make the playoffs especially in the NFC.

Other former starters still technically available would be Winston (although he is now likely to return to New Orleans), Mariota, hell even Dalton or Fitzpatrick (if he is healthy). Any of those guys could give the appearance of competing and be a bridge QB.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There are still QB moves that will/need to be made in the coming days. Both Garoppolo and Mayfield should be traded in the coming days. Seattle is likely in some of those discussions, although it is much more likely for them to get Mayfield (between those two) as that would be out of conference/division. Mayfield may want Indy, but he may not get that choice. They get either of those two and they can compete to make the playoffs especially in the NFC.

Other former starters still technically available would be Winston (although he is now likely to return to New Orleans), Mariota, hell even Dalton or Fitzpatrick (if he is healthy). Any of those guys could give the appearance of competing and be a bridge QB.
Why would a team, knowing that these quarterbacks aren’t needed on their teams( Mayfield 100%, Garappolo not 100%) give up anything. The Browns have to cut Mayfield. The 49ers are going to have to make a dec on Lance and they surely aren’t going to keep Jimmy as a back up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Total speculation on my part but Larry O seemed like a young GM acquiescing to his head coaches demands. “I need this guy to run my defense”. It was the one move so far that seems out of character. But again, pure speculation on my part.

No doubt IMO he was an Eberflus guy but don't think he will be the last guy they potentially overpay. I suspect their options at 3T were more limited so they were willing to overpay. By contrast, there seems to be a bit of a glut of potential OL that fit what they want to do so that is why they can be more frugal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would a team, knowing that these quarterbacks aren’t needed on their teams( Mayfield 100%, Garappolo not 100%) give up anything. The Browns have to cut Mayfield. The 49ers are going to have to make a dec on Lance and they surely aren’t going to keep Jimmy as a back up.

Well if they are cut you are competing with others for their services. They also both only have 1 year non-guaranteed contracts at favorable amounts if you trade for them. If they are cut, they may insist on a multi-year deal. So better to trade for them if you prefer a one year trial at a reasonable price rather than committing long term.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
After much reflection, I have to conclude that this team is a joke

After needing zero reflection, I have to conclude that there are many fans of the Bears who would be happier being Jacksonville Jaguars fans - you get to win every offseason!

You know - when it doesn't count....