dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Looking back at this, what's the point of this post anyway?

"Yeah so, you all know nothing about offensive linemen to the point I'm going to mock you, but if the GM likes him, then its cool."

I mean, what in the gate-keeping fuck?

It's the offseason. The Bears are likely going to suck next year as they rebuild unless Fields really takes off, and even then the team will be uneven, and there will be endless things to bitch about.

Can't we just have our silly, potentially stupid opinions and be allowed to enjoy them during the offseason before the cold hard reality of the season hits us in the face?

Some of the pointless silliness is all part of the fun of being a fan after all....
Now we see one of the people that the truth hurts, not that we didn't already know.

Thanks

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Now we see one of the people that the truth hurts, not that we didn't already know.

Thanks

I mean, if your ego needs your words to hurt others so you can brag about it, that sounds more like a you issue.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
But he has signed players. Do most of you users here ride the short bus?
There are threads on this board that are anxiously monitoring our comp picks. That should tell you everything you need to know about how the Poles offseason is going. If you think signing mid-tier vets & backups to 1-2 year deals is moving the needle – have fun pissing up that tree.

Meanwhile, the Rams have added AR12, Deshaun is going to CLE, and the cash-strapped Packers found a way to keep Rodgers for 3 more years. Do most of you on here love paying for a shit product and calling the ones who are fed up with it, retards. Give me a helmet, if that's the case.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There are threads on this board that are anxiously monitoring our comp picks. That should tell you everything you need to know about how the Poles offseason is going. If you think signing mid-tier vets & backups to 1-2 year deals is moving the needle – have fun pissing up that tree.

Meanwhile, the Rams have added AR12, Deshaun is going to CLE, and the cash-strapped Packers found a way to keep Rodgers for 3 more years. Do most of you on here love paying for a shit product and calling the ones who are fed up with it, retards. Give me a helmet, if that's the case.

If you love winning the offseason, go be a Jags fan, jackass.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Don't forget about the Vikings extending their underperforming/injured players and spending good money on an older pass rusher

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

Good for those teams. You really think bringing Watson to Chicago to sexually harass a slew of new women would give the current Bears team an edge?
How did that same AR12 do for the Bears last year? Those cash strapped Packers also had to let the #1 WR in the league walk.

Next year is NOT about winning. It's about developing Fields and making sure he's the guy. If he's another Mitch is production, why bother spending the big bucks to have a mediocre team year after year?

Seems to me like you're the one that wants the product to remain shitty and you're crying cause the new guys in charge are trying to start a foundation to change that.

Seriously.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

It is his responsibility, the way he sees it, to do anything Bears general manager Ryan Poles needs him to do.

“Offensive linemen at heart are selfless people,” he said. “Having Ryan as (a former) offensive lineman, we’re alike. Wherever I can help him.”

Poles and Cunningham can excel at combination blocks, front-office style. To Cunningham, they have lived parallel lives.

Cunningham first became aware of Poles when they were being recruited by the same schools. Poles heard Cunningham’s name for the first time when he was trying to get his first scouting job at the combine in 2009 and had an interview with the Ravens. He walked into a room with DeCosta, who looked at him and started chuckling. When Poles asked what was funny, DeCosta said, “Have you ever heard of Ian Cunningham? You guys look alike.”

A few years later, Cunningham and Poles met on the campus of the University of Oklahoma, where both were scouting. They clicked immediately and started having dinners or beers together whenever they were in the same cities. They talked for hours, debating about current players and former players, going through “who would you rather have?” scenarios, challenging one another on how they would handle a specific type of conduct breach, or asking how the other was managing to balance work and family.

“We tried,” Poles said, “to better each other.”

When Poles made a campus visit to Ohio State, he was asked, “Weren’t you just here last week?” He had not been, but he suspected who was. He texted Cunningham and asked if he was at the school the previous week. “Yeah,” came the reply. “How did you know?”

They not only look alike, they think alike, too. They both embrace open debate and welcome different opinions. Poles encourages Cunningham to question him.

It has happened already, in a free-agency meeting with other team personnel people. Poles said he was looking at opportunities with a narrow vision.

“I don’t want to be too specific, but it was like, would you rather pay one receiver one lump sum, or have two receivers that better your team?” said Poles, who apparently decided against paying one receiver big money. “Or do you go with a guy that has versatility or no versatility? Wait, this guy can do his job and another job. Should we consider that? In free agency, we’re trying to be disciplined in how we spend money and cap space, so it’s negotiating which player to choose.”

Poles didn’t just hire Cunningham. He moved in with him. They rent a house together in Lake Bluff while their wives and children prepare to move to the Chicago area. They drive 20 minutes to and from work together, doing “post-operative reviews” and coming up with to-do lists.

Their goal is to operate with the Four Agreements in mind.

• Be impeccable with your word
• Don’t take anything personally
• Don’t make assumptions
• Always do your best

Bears27

Liked Posts:
Good for those teams. You really think bringing Watson to Chicago to sexually harass a slew of new women would give the current Bears team an edge?
How did that same AR12 do for the Bears last year? Those cash strapped Packers also had to let the #1 WR in the league walk.

Next year is NOT about winning. It's about developing Fields and making sure he's the guy. If he's another Mitch is production, why bother spending the big bucks to have a mediocre team year after year?

Seems to me like you're the one that wants the product to remain shitty and you're crying cause the new guys in charge are trying to start a foundation to change that.

Seriously.
Watson can spit in my daughter's face and grab my wife by the puss; if it meant giving the edge to my Bears and delivering a championship.

What are you doing for "your" team, Brittbuffguy?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Watson can spit in my daughter's face and grab my wife by the puss; if it meant giving the edge to my Bears and delivering a championship.

What are you doing for "your" team, Brittbuffguy?

I've read some cringe shit in my time on this board. May have even said some of it.

But this by far is the cringiest shit I've ever seen in over 2 decades of being here.

Congratulations?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends, if the Bears want to overspend to get Bates since the Bills are so close to the cap. Market price for a starting OG might be a bridge to far for the Bills.
I get that but unlike UFAs that # is an unknown and teams are unlikely to bid against themselves. Bills aren't bidding. they're just waiting for signed intent to see if they want to match.