*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Green Bay let him go, didn't think he was worth the 4 mil a year.
Try again?
Green Bay did let him go he wasn't cut. He is a free agent and as such can go anywhere he wants. As for that 4 mill a season you keep bringing up, only two free agent centers have been given more per season so far, Ted Karras, and Ben Mason.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions have been tanking for at least the last four years and are continuing to tank as we speak.

Just the facts.

And Patrick still was the starting OG/C for the Pack the last two years.
Deemed a potential cap casualty last offseason, Patrick instead beat out one of those draft picks, Jon Runyan, for the starting job at left guard. When Patrick suffered a concussion at the end of the Week 1 game against Jacksonville, the door was open for Runyan to move into the starting lineup. Patrick returned to action, though, for another of those draft picks, injured center Josh Myers, and played practically every snap the next 12 games. When David Bakhtiari and Myers were back for the finale, Patrick moved to right guard.

All told, Patrick started 13 games at those three positions. PFF charged him with one sack and 18 total pressures. Of the 39 centers who played at least Myers’ total of 178 pass-protecting snaps, Patrick ranked 14th in PFF’s pass-blocking efficiency while Myers ranked 29th.

Rotational depth piece. Good signing at the price, nothing wrong with it at all. Just not anything that moves the scale much over last years O-line fiasco.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

"
"Are the Chicago Bears in a better position today than at the beginning of free agency? That answer is a strong no.
Now, Bears fans aren't necessarily upset at what's happened so far. The roster, as constructed in 2021, wasn't a real playoff contender. Allen Robinson is the only undisputed high-end player who signed elsewhere this offseason (and the Khalil Mack trade happened before the free-agency window).
Still, the Bears lost a bunch of production and basically found replacement-value players at best. Chicago is experiencing the very beginning stage of a rebuild under new general manager Ryan Poles. "
Exactly what production did the Bears lose.
Offense..........Robinson, coming off his worst year as a Bear. Daniels, if Bates is here that is a huge upgrade. Who else on the Bears offense had any impact in 2021.

Defense......Mack an outstanding player when healthy, which he has not been of late. Started 7 games last year. After sitting out 2020 only a shadow of what he had been. Nichols, not wanted for this defense, and replaced. Trevathan please. Gibson at SS, hell no. Bush, a backup. Again what production did the Bears actually lose here.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Deemed a potential cap casualty last offseason, Patrick instead beat out one of those draft picks, Jon Runyan, for the starting job at left guard. When Patrick suffered a concussion at the end of the Week 1 game against Jacksonville, the door was open for Runyan to move into the starting lineup. Patrick returned to action, though, for another of those draft picks, injured center Josh Myers, and played practically every snap the next 12 games. When David Bakhtiari and Myers were back for the finale, Patrick moved to right guard.

All told, Patrick started 13 games at those three positions. PFF charged him with one sack and 18 total pressures. Of the 39 centers who played at least Myers’ total of 178 pass-protecting snaps, Patrick ranked 14th in PFF’s pass-blocking efficiency while Myers ranked 29th.

Rotational depth piece. Good signing at the price, nothing wrong with it at all. Just not anything that moves the scale much over last years O-line fiasco.
So, starting day one in 2020 is just a wash for you? And as PFF shows you Patrick was a better C than Myers last year. The only reason he lost his job at RG last year was due to injury. Packers also thought more of Patrick during the playoffs to sit Runyan and move Patrick back to RG. Starting 28 of a possible 33 regular season games and all 3 post season games qualifies LP as a starter.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
What's missing or what would you change?

FOzFii3XsBEga-a
No way in Hell C .Paul is there in the 6th.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, starting day one in 2020 is just a wash for you? And as PFF shows you Patrick was a better C than Myers last year. The only reason he lost his job at RG last year was due to injury. Packers also thought more of Patrick during the playoffs to sit Runyan and move Patrick back to RG. Starting 28 of a possible 33 regular season games and all 3 post season games qualifies LP as a starter.
Thinking Patrick is this HUGE upgrade over Daniels is laughable.
Lateral move.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I compiled a list a while back of the mocks from all the usual suspects (ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, etc.) on the 2017 Draft, and something like two-thirds of them had Mitch as the first QB off the board.

Not saying that’s an excuse for missing on the pick or that it wasn’t a bad pick. But those are the facts.

I’ll do a bit of a search when I get some time, but I’m not gonna go crazy looking for it. Can either believe it or not.

I understand mocks aren’t necessarily indicative of how front office personnel are evaluating a class. Just sayin’, though.

But I agree with the people saying that it makes no difference at this point. It’s a fruitless exercise in a tired topic.
I remember this as well but as you say no need to rehash history

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'm actually okay passing on Armstead. He was too risky. I like the build, but I can understand how some are not sold yet. I'm going to give them all of FA and the draft before I start judging too harshly. I also think with the cap they may really spend NEXT year. So, I hope to see them take a step forward this year, expecting between 5-8 wins, but more importantly seeing Fields LOOK better. And then next year, hoping for 10 wins. But maybe I just haven't been burned enough to lack faith. I like Poles/Flus and want to see if they can execute what they are promising.
right attitude I agree.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thinking Patrick is this HUGE upgrade over Daniels is laughable.
Lateral move.
Wait. Why are you comparing a guard who we haven't replaced yet to a center?

The replacement for daniel's, who by the way is inconsistent is all get out, will be Bates, not Patrick.

And at least from what I've read and seen so far, neither has the consistency issues James Daniels had so in either case you're still horribly wrong.

Does it take a special kind of inbred stupid to be a Lions fan?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Better than what? Last year?

Congrats on that! I seem to remember the same level of optimism about the Bears O-line last year.

Name one Bears O-lineman that is a starter on another team?
Leno, Cornelius Lucas

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait. Why are you comparing a guard who we haven't replaced yet to a center?

The replacement for daniel's, who by the way is inconsistent is all get out, will be Bates, not Patrick.

And at least from what I've read and seen so far, neither has the consistency issues James Daniels had so in either case you're still horribly wrong.

Does it take a special kind of inbred stupid to be a Lions fan?
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Patrick signed a 2 year 8 mil contract
Daniels signed a three year 26.5 mil contract with the Steelers.

I guess the Steelers are football stupid as well

odd, why didn't the Steelers sign Patrick?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Patrick signed a 2 year 8 mil contract
Daniels signed a three year 26.5 mil contract with the Steelers.

I guess the Steelers are football stupid as well
Daniels sucks dude. And im not on here caping the patrick signing as an improvement.

Also patrick is replacing mustipher which is an improvement just not much of one.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daniels sucks dude. And im not on here caping the patrick signing as an improvement.

Also patrick is replacing mustipher which is an improvement just not much of one.
Tell the Steelers? Daniels is 24. Steelers are historically a pretty dam good franchise.
Both Daniels and Patrick are swing O-lineman, which is why I use that comparison.
I will give the the Mustipher point.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
To be fair you have to consider that Bell was the only weapon on Purdue's offense, while Wilson, Olave and other very talented WRs were in the same offense, thus splitting touches.

In no world is David Bell better than the tOSU WRs, college yardage totals notwithstanding.
So opposing teams put most of their focus on D.Bell and he still produced at a high level.