*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy aren't you an accountant?

What job you do that lets you on CCS nonstop?

I am an audit partner. So the bulk of my job is waiting on the staff to complete the audit so I can review it. Given they work during the day that usually means I end up not having stuff to review until night. The bulk of my day then is spent in meetings with the team, clients or prospective clients so easy to multitask when you are a reviewer and not a doer.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That PFF article you posted graded the Lions starters. But the grades are based on the OL that actually played this year. Perhaps next year Decker and Ragnow can try and stay healthy but all I know is the Lions OL this year graded out worse than the Bears in pass blocking by both ESPN and PFF.

I am sorry that PFF and ESPN have the Lions lower than the Bears. Truly I am. If I had known it would cause you so much pain I would have written to them and told them to pretend the Lions blocking was better than it actually was.

Dude is weird. He quotes PFF to say Patrick sucks but then when I point out PFF had Sewell as a bad pass blocker and PFF and ESPN graded out the Bears OL as higher than the Lions, suddenly he has a problem with PFF.

At no point in this entire exchange have I told him my opinion. I simply just told him what the website he was masturbating over when it knocked the Bears said about the Lions shitty OL pass blocking performance last year.
If Sewel is such a "bad bass blocker" then why is his overall grade, by the same entity, so high? Derp
If ESPN graded the bears O-line as such a good pass blocking unit, why did the Bears allow the most sacks in the league? Derp
Why does Patrick only grade out marginally better than Mustipher? Derp

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
People are sleeping on Alec Pierce.. 6'3", 215, 4.33 forty speed and a 40-inch vertical. Long arms for his height and a pretty solid route runner too
Except he's not a pretty solid route runner. Anyone who's actually looked at his body of work knows what I'm talking about. Alot of that has to due with the fact that he's stiff athlete with linear speed. He needs to work on his range of motion, that will help his route running substantially. He can definitely develop into a good pro if he's willing to work but you can bet the farm he won't be selected in the top 50.

The measurables are nice but some of you don't look beyond those when checking out these prospects. He'll be a 50/50 guy with some deep threat capabilities in year one.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Former Seahawks’ Pro-Bowl linebacker Bobby Wagner is signing a five-year, $50 million deal worth up to $65 million with the Los Angeles Rams, per league sources. Wagner is staying in the NFC West.

Seriously? Does the salary cap not exist in LA? How can they afford all these big contracts?

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
Former Seahawks’ Pro-Bowl linebacker Bobby Wagner is signing a five-year, $50 million deal worth up to $65 million with the Los Angeles Rams, per league sources. Wagner is staying in the NFC West.

Seriously? Does the salary cap not exist in LA? How can they afford all these big contracts?
That's really a great question.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

I guess they're giving up on re-signing Beckham? I have no idea. They're supposedly working on a big extension for Donald too.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Because 2 sacks and 7 pressures were from his abysmal first game which was his first game in over a year. So he did that in 37 pass block snaps. The next 4 games he had 74 pass block snaps and gave up 0 sacks and 4 pressures. So that is about 2 games worth of pass black snaps which means that was about 0 sacks and 2 pressures a game compared to his debut where again he had 2 sacks and 7 pressures.
Imo....more importantly it shows PROGRESS...not to mention learning & adapting to his job. Isn't it what we want in our players & team? Just askin'?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Sewel is such a "bad bass blocker" then why is his overall grade, by the same entity, so high? Derp
If ESPN graded the bears O-line as such a good pass blocking unit, why did the Bears allow the most sacks in the league? Derp
Why does Patrick only grade out marginally better than Mustipher? Derp

No idea why you are so confused by this. If his pass blocking is lower than his overall grade then it obviously means his run blocking grade is higher. He had a 69.4 pass block grade and an 84.5 run block grade. His overall grade is in between at 77 which one would expect if one understands Math.
1648753740308.png

The Bears led the league in sacks because Fields held the ball on average 3.09 seconds and on average it took 3.57seconds to sack him. The Bears being 6th in PBWR is based on them holding blocks for 2.5 seconds. Do I really need to explain Math again. He was holding the ball on average a full second longer than the 2.5 seconds PBWR is based on.

Finally Patrick only grades out marginally better than Mustipher because PFF thinks he is only a marginally better player. Duh. My only comment to you was that you can't celebrate PFF when it shits on Patrick but then cry about it when it shits on Sewell. The fact is Patrick and Sewell's pass blocking grades were similar ie 69.4 vs 64.3. So again if you going to tout PFF then both are below average pass blockers. Sewell is just an exceptional run blocker.

Hopefully this clears things up for you as if you still dont get it then may need my 12 year old nephew to respond so you can converse with someone at your level.