*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Think they'd replace T.Armstead.
They did sign James Hurst to a 3-year extension to play LT. He did have a solid 70 grade from PFF. And the Saints typically have valued interior OL over OT. Armstead himself was a 3rd round pick. They'll take a tackle, but I don't think it will be in the 1st.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said he would. I said that is the only way I offer more. I would not give him more than 15m a year. If he is looking for 17-20m then no thanks.

So then you would believe that the Bears would find a better use of $2m (17m - 15m) . I say he's clearly the best player on the team and young, and if you can lock him into a long term contract at 17 or 18m a year it's a not even a question.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So then you would believe that the Bears would find a better use of $2m (17m - 15m) . I say he's clearly the best player on the team and young, and if you can lock him into a long term contract at 17 or 18m a year it's a not even a question.

Are we talking about the same guy? I was talking about Brandin Cooks as I was saying I would not offer more than a 2023 6th rounder for him unless I got to negotiate and sign a team friendly deal ie 15m or saw before trading for him.

Not sure if you thought we were discussing Quan.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Bwahahahaha, bless your heart
Football terminology would be a fucking nightmare if they just made it that lazy I explained how it works people in here just want to keep saying but da mlb play inside herrrppp so he is herrrppp ILB duuurrppp a Sam and will doesn’t exist in a 3-4 so why would a ILB exist for a 4-3 it’s stupid and confusion when you literally look up Urlacher vs ray lewis you’ll find they’re respectfully placed under the name MLB or ILB…. Now if you idiots want to argue can a ILB play MLB we can have that conversation but everything I’ve said makes more sense than whatever you guys keep spewing back at me.BDAE3867-C378-4F06-9B7C-9C7773A0D285.pngAC2794D7-A208-42D7-9048-200D56181275.png

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

As a practical matter, the Rams have signed Wagner to a year-to-year deal that can be worth as little as $6.5 million. If the Rams cut him before March 2023, he’d exit with a $3.5 million guarantee — but the payment would be subject to offset.

If he makes at least $3.5 million elsewhere in 2023, the Rams’ total financial exposure would be limited to $6.5 million for one year of service.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we talking about the same guy? I was talking about Brandin Cooks as I was saying I would not offer more than a 2023 6th rounder for him unless I got to negotiate and sign a team friendly deal ie 15m or saw before trading for him.

Not sure if you thought we were discussing Quan.
Lol. My bad. I thought it was Quan.

Sorry!!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Football terminology would be a fucking nightmare if they just made it that lazy I explained how it works people in here just want to keep saying but da mlb play inside herrrppp so he is herrrppp ILB duuurrppp a Sam and will doesn’t exist in a 3-4 so why would a ILB exist for a 4-3 it’s stupid and confusion when you literally look up Urlacher vs ray lewis you’ll find they’re respectfully placed under the name MLB or ILB…. Now if you idiots want to argue can a ILB play MLB we can have that conversation but everything I’ve said makes more sense than whatever you guys keep spewing back at me.View attachment 18641View attachment 18644

Strong side and weakside is based on the offense not the D. There is always a strong side and weakside unless it is 2 TEs and one is lined up on each side. Otherwwise the strong side is the side the single TE is lined up at which is typically the right side of the offense which is the left side of the D. Hence why the SAM is sometimes referred to as the LOLB and the WILL the ROLB.

The above has nice diagrams for you to follow. A 3-4 simply has a strong side MLB and a weakside MLB based on where the TE lines up which again the LILB would be on the strong side and the RILB will be on the weakside. It is just the case in a 3-4 you usually say ILBs to distinguish between a 4-3 MLB but they are interchangeable.

Last edited:

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Upper Iowa? I have never heard of Upper Iowa.

Is that Minnesota?
No, actually refers back in the day to the "Upper Class" Iowegians, who had steam powered farm implements. Conversely, Lower Iowa referred to those still using draft animals.

East Dakota voted to secede from the Dakota Territories, leaving North & South Dakota, bur didn't want to be associated with Wisconsin (ie: Westconsin). They ended up adopting the current name Minnesota, which I believe is Ojibwa for "West of Drunken Sconnie-Land"...

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Football terminology would be a fucking nightmare if they just made it that lazy I explained how it works people in here just want to keep saying but da mlb play inside herrrppp so he is herrrppp ILB duuurrppp a Sam and will doesn’t exist in a 3-4 so why would a ILB exist for a 4-3 it’s stupid and confusion when you literally look up Urlacher vs ray lewis you’ll find they’re respectfully placed under the name MLB or ILB…. Now if you idiots want to argue can a ILB play MLB we can have that conversation but everything I’ve said makes more sense than whatever you guys keep spewing back at me.View attachment 18641View attachment 18644
Bwahahahahaha.

You take yourself too seriously.