*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
@jive I just was delivered some Mimosa and some Gorilla Glue #4 and am literally more nervously anxious as to which one I should partake of as the first one or if there should even be a second one inside the same evening and someone DMd me that you are a expert but I felt weird just dming you can you please help?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Feel like that is the M.O. for most WRs.

Marshall, Carter, T.O., AB, many others.

If it is a 5th or 6th round pick, you wouldn’t want to take a shot at what Toney could become?
5th or 6th Rounder sure, but I have a strong feeling they'll want more than that.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Eh, I don't really want to go there on this one. It's pretty clear that Fields' did not have a good day on Day 3 of the minicamp. What isn't clear to me is what actually was going wrong, or was it just everything was wrong? I realize these guys are limited by the Bears on certain details, but it would be nice for a bit of actual analysis rather than just the context of it's April, there was no walk-thru before practice, etc

Like, I was hoping one of the beat writers would say if it was timing, mechanics, poor ball placement, dropped passes, all of the above?

I wasn't saying that because of his commentary on Fields.

He gets extremely upset when bloggers break news before he does - he takes it personally and tries to ruin their credibility.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wasn't saying that at all. Simply saying that talent wise, on paper (which is all we have to go on right now), they are bottom 5 WR group and bottom 10 OL.....even if they add Day 2 picks to both rooms. I didn't make any suggestion about the outcome. Just about the players on the roster.

But I think we can agree that we'd both be fine with 3 OL starters on rookie deals, 2 of them top 50 (or at least 75) picks and a veteran with some upside at another spot would have the makings of a nice OL. Same with WR. A steal 5th round pick at one spot, potentially a top 50 pick perhaps even one w/ 1st round ability, and a cheap vet with upside in Pringle could be nice as well. But it's a LOT of inexperience in both groups and not as much talent as teams that have spent money on quality established FAs, have better homegrown talent w/ better experience, and/or have/had the chance to add 1st round picks to their team.

The Bears haven't used a 1st round pick on a non-QB since Kevin White. And while they did get contributions from Trubisky, Daniels, Miller (51st pick) and Kmet so far. But the only top 50 talents the Bears have "hit" on offensively since 2010 are Kyle Long and Alshon Jeffery. That's 1 second contract from the top 50 on offense in 12 years (to be fair Whitehair was 56th pick, so close enough). That's a talent hole....on that side of the ball (which is what I've been talking about).

It is hard to say what they are on paper because a lot of the talent we will be relying is a bit unknown at this point.

Suppose Jenkins is a pro bowl RT? That talent would not have just appeared after your on paper analysis. It was always there. You just didnt know it because he is unproven.

So I get what you are saying. I am just saying there is too much unproven talent for you to make such an assertion. It would be one thing if these guys had a clear track record to go off where you have enough og a sample to judge.

msadows

Liked Posts:
@jive I just was delivered some Mimosa and some Gorilla Glue #4 and am literally more nervously anxious as to which one I should partake of as the first one or if there should even be a second one inside the same evening and someone DMd me that you are a expert but I felt weird just dming you can you please help?

Ima expert

GG4 is whats in my vape pen now. stuffs good

Visionman

Liked Posts:

If it is a 5th or 6th round pick, you wouldn’t want to take a shot at what Toney could become?
Seems there are 5th and 6th rd WRs this year who have talent but aren’t headcases…

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

It's funny, because I would probably rank Linderbaum as the top prospect here. Burks 2nd. Zion 3rd. But I voted Zion Johnson. I think he's just a great fit. He's a probowl level guard to me in an outside zone system. I do wonder if the Bears would even take Linderbaum if there. They'd probably be stupid to pass him up, but I think Getsy really values Patrick's knowledge of the offense at the C position, and I don't think Linderbaum is a guard.

But you might be right on Burks. I think at WR the Bears need a guy that can get down the field and make 15+ yard plays consistently. But they also need someone who they can give the ball to quick and do some damage after the catch. Burks is probably the best combination of both in this draft.

Elam doesn't belong here, but I'd be extremely happy with either of the other 3. Elam doesn't feel like a fit to me. He's a press man CB, not a zone guy which Eberflus runs primarily. Also doesn't tackle well enough for Eberflus, I'd imagine.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

In all honesty no I would not. Here are some of the issues the Giants had with Toney last year.
Lack of commitment
Lack of playbook study
Poor meeting behavior
Feuds with the media
Thrown out of game for punching a Dallas player. Dallas game just happened to be his best game of season.
At the very least he is a distraction. More likely an un-coachable headcase.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
In all honesty no I would not. Here are some of the issues the Giants had with Toney last year.
Lack of commitment
Lack of playbook study
Poor meeting behavior
Feuds with the media
Thrown out of game for punching a Dallas player. Dallas game just happened to be his best game of season.
At the very least he is a distraction. More likely an un-coachable headcase.
In his defense, Joe Judge was kneeling on third down in his own end zone when the team was down ?

Last edited: