*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can you point to examples of people dying as a result of doing donuts?

Did this search and it turned up people outside being injured. Cant find a case where the people in the car were hurt.
Pretty sure Teddy posts on ccs while driving his kids to school and back, which is probably far more dangerous than doing donuts in an empty lot.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One way to do this is provide him with an O-line that offers some protection and WR's that actually get open with separation. It's hard to learn anything when your under constant duress and don't have shit to throw to.

No actually. If you have a great OL then that encourages him to hold the ball longer looking for the big play. A bad OL means he has to get rid of the ball or he will be under pressure.

That is not to say the Bears OL is bad as we simply dont know yet but your logic is flawed. The better the OL the more likely I am to hold the ball looking for the big play.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You think it’s likely to die doing donuts and call someone else a dumbass? Jesus, take the stick out of your ass.

Donuts in a car. Not barrel rolls in a bi-plane.
Look I'm not here to convince you to not be a moron. I'm simply pointing out that it takes a really juvenile idiot to be doing donuts with a kid in the car, and yes, when driving a 2-ton vehicle and using it in ways it wasn't meant for, accidents can happen.

It's not rocket science.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, I'll give you that. That's a good point. But there's still no reason why Fields can't put up modestly good numbers this year.

3229 yards passing, 21 TDs, 2051 rushing, 13 TDs doesn't look like great offense. But those were the numbers of a 10-6 team just a few season ago.

The OL on that team = Dion Dawkins (decent), Quinton Spain (UDFA without a team right now), Mitch Morse, Jon Feliciano (mediocre), Cody Ford (failed tackle, now a backup OG)

The WRs on that team = John Brown (journeyman, not currently on a roster), Cole Beasley (not on a roster), Isaiah McKenzie (5'7").

Their TE only caught 28 passes too, and no RB went over 800 yards rushing, so it's not like they had elite production elsewhere.

The QB on that team = 2nd year, Josh Allen.

On paper the Bears OL and WR room is very similar to the 2019 Bills.
People always want to point to an outlier as a means to justify their hot take. It's like saying quality QB's can be taken in the 6th round, and using Tom Brady as an example, when we all know that is very very rare. But the simple fact of the matter is, the odds of success is much higher with a quality supporting cast around him, and that is an undeniable fact. Nobody is saying that by having a bottom 5 OL and at the same time a bottom 5 WR core will automatically doom his career, only pointing out it diminishes his chances, while it also stunts his growth.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The issue I have with your assertion, which is the same as many other dumbass Bears fans assertions, is the conflation of "bad" with "unknown".

No one wants to wait and see any more. And Dumbass fans are too fucking stupid to learn the lesson.

I've heard it all, here and on the radio.

* "Brian Urlacher? Who the fuck is he? Never heard of him. New Mexico? Is that even a major college? Looks like we have our next bust!"
* "Why in the FUCK would someone waste a pick on Devin Hester!?!? We already got our punt returner with the last pick in Danieal Manning!"
* "Dude, did you see that dude Gilbert? He jumped out of a fucking pool! He's going to be a stud!!!"

And on and on and on. No one wants to wait and see anymore. Everyone wants to rush and proclaim everything good or shit before even a snap of real football is played. No one learned the lesson that 2 of the people they shit on became all time greats, and now even they shit on the pool jumper, quietly hoping no one remembers them predicting amazing things for him....

Look - not going to argue that a lot of times, unknown is bad, but not every time, and usually less instead of more when the team is doing a total rebuild. Usually there are players that surprise and end up being decent pieces for the future. Doesn't mean the team is going to go on a roll and be a mega playoff team.

But shit, at least wait until training camp reports come out if nothing else. Let the rookies get their legs under them.
What a convoluted load of crap that is. The assessment can be made based on the amount of capital the team put into the positions in question. Throwing a questionable 3rd round pick and a collection of 6th and 7th round draft picks and hoping one might stick is hardly prioritizing the positions.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No actually. If you have a great OL then that encourages him to hold the ball longer looking for the big play. A bad OL means he has to get rid of the ball or he will be under pressure.

That is not to say the Bears OL is bad as we simply dont know yet but your logic is flawed. The better the OL the more likely I am to hold the ball looking for the big play.
What a load of crap this is. Oh My God.

Rookie QB development 101 as taught by Remy

1) give the rookie QB a shit O-line, as this will help him to develop a quick release. Pray to god someone is actually open in that 2 seconds he has to throw the ball, and does not get killed in the process.

Pure Remy gold.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Look I'm not here to convince you to not be a moron. I'm simply pointing out that it takes a really juvenile idiot to be doing donuts with a kid in the car, and yes, when driving a 2-ton vehicle and using it in ways it wasn't meant for, accidents can happen.

It's not rocket science.
What kind of science is it? Where is the science that says people die doing donuts in a parking lot? I’m not arguing whether the guy is mature to be fucking around with a kid in a car I’m arguing that you talk about it being fatal which is absolutely ludicrous

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What a convoluted load of crap that is. The assessment can be made based on the amount of capital the team put into the positions in question. Throwing a questionable 3rd round pick and a collection of 6th and 7th round draft picks and hoping one might stick is hardly prioritizing the positions.
You have often been wrong and been an absolute cowardly bitch on a great many things over the years.

You have no room to talk to anyone about "convoluted crap".

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
People always want to point to an outlier as a means to justify their hot take. It's like saying quality QB's can be taken in the 6th round, and using Tom Brady as an example, when we all know that is very very rare. But the simple fact of the matter is, the odds of success is much higher with a quality supporting cast around him, and that is an undeniable fact. Nobody is saying that by having a bottom 5 OL and at the same time a bottom 5 WR core will automatically doom his career, only pointing out it diminishes his chances, while it also stunts his growth.
The only outlier there is the record (10-6). I didn't predict the Bears record. I was predicting modest stats with mediocre talent on the OL and at WR. The 2019 Bills offense was 23rd in points and 24th in yards. Nobody is calling that a successful offense. I'm just saying, Fields can still take a step in the right direction with this supporting cast.

Stunting the growth of a QB is unproven. Burrow wasn't stunted by a terrible OL leading to a torn ACL. Watson had a bad OL and had a torn ACL as a rookie as well, AND was sacked the 5th most times in NFL history the following year, and he was fine (on the field). Josh Allen wasn't stunted with the group I posted. Jared Goff went 0-7, with the worst statistical season of the last decade as a rookie and still wasn't stunted. Only example you can really provide is David Carr.

Bottom line, if Fields is bad, it won't be because he didn't have enough OL and WR help. It will be because he is bad. I don't think he will be bad, thus I think he will put up respectable numbers. Again, not saying the offense will be a successful outlier. But I think he will show enough to take that big leap next year like those guys above did.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The only outlier there is the record (10-6). I didn't predict the Bears record. I was predicting modest stats with mediocre talent on the OL and at WR. The 2019 Bills offense was 23rd in points and 24th in yards. Nobody is calling that a successful offense. I'm just saying, Fields can still take a step in the right direction with this supporting cast.

Stunting the growth of a QB is unproven. Burrow wasn't stunted by a terrible OL leading to a torn ACL. Watson had a bad OL and had a torn ACL as a rookie as well, AND was sacked the 5th most times in NFL history the following year, and he was fine (on the field). Josh Allen wasn't stunted with the group I posted. Jared Goff went 0-7, with the worst statistical season of the last decade as a rookie and still wasn't stunted. Only example you can really provide is David Carr.

Bottom line, if Fields is bad, it won't be because he didn't have enough OL and WR help. It will be because he is bad. I don't think he will be bad, thus I think he will put up respectable numbers. Again, not saying the offense will be a successful outlier. But I think he will show enough to take that big leap next year like those guys above did.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it too