*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

napo55

Liked Posts:
I can tell you how you don't help a QB, by overdrafting a tier 2 or 3 late second round talent WR and passing on a tier 1 1st round talent CB and S.

Do we all wish Chris Olave was available at #39, sure we do, and I imagine, no one more so than Ryan Poles, but he wasn't, and neither was any of the other low risk high reward WR's.

So what did Ryan Poles do? He added pieces that should facilitate Justin Fields not having to go obvious pass because they trail in games twice as many plays as while leading in a game like in 2021.

Or maybe it helps if he adds players so that the Bears aren't 27th in TO's and TO%.

Drafting defense over offense was never a predetermined plan, and given equal quality players I am pretty sure that they would go with the offensive need, but the worst thing Poles could do is draft a player at a position, just to appease the emo portion of the fanbase, while passing on a player that has much higher potential to help the teams quality of skill.

So next off season when people start doing mock drafts, rather than trying to replace Kindle Vildor, Bush, and still looking for a #1 WR to draft, they hopefully will be set at 2 out of 3 of those positions.
So there weren't any good values after the 3rd round for WRs later in the draft? The Bears receiving corps is at the bottom of the NFL. Is this good for Justin Fields. And how do you know this defense obsessed organization won't go "BPA" and draft another defensive phenom with a high pick next year. And remember, most WRs take a year or two to develop, so it might not be until Field's fourth year that (hopefully) he finally has a decent WR group.
Why people feel compelled to defend Poles for ignoring (both in the draft and free agency) this team deficiency is beyond me.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So there weren't any good values after the 3rd round for WRs later in the draft? The Bears receiving corps is at the bottom of the NFL. Is this good for Justin Fields. And how do you know this defense obsessed organization won't go "BPA" and draft another defensive phenom with a high pick next year. And remember, most WRs take a year or two to develop, so it might not be until Field's fourth year that (hopefully) he finally has a decent WR group.
Why people feel compelled to defend Poles for ignoring (both in the draft and free agency) this team deficiency is beyond me.
WTF? The Bears used 5 of their next 6 picks on 4 offensive lineman and a pass catching 3rd down back.

FFS, It is unbelievable that the difference between some of you riding Poles cock and pulling out the pitchforks was him passing on malcontent Pickens, midget Moore, and one route Pierce. All of which, by the way, were rated by NFL.com as back up to eventual average starter while both Gordon and Brisker are predicted to be "plus starters."

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF? The Bears used 5 of their next 6 picks on 4 offensive lineman and a pass catching 3rd down back.

FFS, It is unbelievable that the difference between some of you riding Poles cock and pulling out the pitchforks was him passing on malcontent Pickens, midget Moore, and one route Pierce. All of which, by the way, were rated by NFL.com as back up to eventual average starter while both Gordon and Brisker are predicted to be "plus starters."
My beef is VJJ in the third over Tolbert or Lucas but I am over it.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

i heard all WRs in the draft enjoy doing burnouts in vehicles

so clearly Poles was staying away from those hardened criminals

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are being stupid.

I said your premise is wrong that a good OL means he would get rid of the ball quicker.

A good OL helps to prevent happy feet and allows more of the offense to be run particularly longer developing plays.

So a good OL is obviously ideal but not for the reason you stated. It is actually the opposite. A good OL allows him yo hang in the pocket longer on 7 step drops and deeper plays.

We were talking about June 1 cuts. They could have waited until after June 1 when DT and Cohen's cuts would go into effect. They didnt have too as they have 15m in cap left still.
No, this is stupid

No actually. If you have a great OL then that encourages him to hold the ball longer looking for the big play. A bad OL means he has to get rid of the ball or he will be under pressure.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it improves their production. A QB will have success based on their ability to learn and execute what they have learned as well as how well the coaching and scheme fit their abilities.

You can tell if a Tom Brady or Josh Allen are the real deal even if they didnt have an elite team around offensively based on their ability to process and execute the O.

What elite talent does is turn those 3600 yards and 25 TD seasons into 4500 yards and 40 TD seasons.
Nobody is saying they need an elite team around them, but nice try. Elite no, competent yes. Qb's tend to learn faster when they aren't constantly running for their life.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The “we needed a WR, so picking any WR would have been good value” argument is one I am simply not on board with.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I can tell you how you don't help a QB, by overdrafting a tier 2 or 3 late second round talent WR and passing on a tier 1 1st round talent CB and S.

Do we all wish Chris Olave was available at #39, sure we do, and I imagine, no one more so than Ryan Poles, but he wasn't, and neither was any of the other low risk high reward WR's.

So what did Ryan Poles do? He added pieces that should facilitate Justin Fields not having to go obvious pass because they trail in games twice as many plays as while leading in a game like in 2021.

Or maybe it helps if he adds players so that the Bears aren't 27th in TO's and TO%.

Drafting defense over offense was never a predetermined plan, and given equal quality players I am pretty sure that they would go with the offensive need, but the worst thing Poles could do is draft a player at a position, just to appease the emo portion of the fanbase, while passing on a player that has much higher potential to help the teams quality of skill.

So next off season when people start doing mock drafts, rather than trying to replace Kindle Vildor, Bush, and still looking for a #1 WR to draft, they hopefully will be set at 2 out of 3 of those positions.
The whole argument that a good defense helps a young QB develop is waayyyy overplayed. Sure it helps… a little. But not like surrounding the QB with players that actually directly affect his performance.

And the off-season includes more than the draft….

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The whole argument that a good defense helps a young QB develop is waayyyy overplayed. Sure it helps… a little. But not like surrounding the QB with players that actually directly affect his performance.

And the off-season includes more than the draft….
The whole idea that a GM must draft offense simply because our QB doesn’t suck is foolish.

Poles needs to fill a lot of holes on this roster. Fortunately, unlike many fans, he is well aware of that.