*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields isn’t going to hold the ball unless Getsy tells him to hold it.

I wouldnt go that far. Old habbits are hard to break so I still expect him to hold the ball too lomg at times. Question is how much he cuts it down by.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, again, it's your argument that is so stupid it is asinine. Give it up. A decent O-line helps a QB make better decisions. The End. period. End of discussion.

This is pure speculative bullshit.

"The longer an OL can hold blocks the more a QB who likes to throw deep like Fields is going to want to hold the ball waiting on a big play."

Take your "L" and run along.

The less pressure a Qb is under, the more he is likely to execute the play as it is designed. If he is still holding the ball too long, he isn't learning a dam thing.

Goalposts moved. The debate was not whether a QB makes better decisions with a good OL. The debate was whether a good OL results in him getting rid of the ball quicker.

A good OL means the OC is likely going to incorporate more longer developing plays especially given Fields deep accuracy which means he will hold the ball longer as he waits for those plays to develop. You logic simply makes no sense. Making better decisons is not synonymous with gett rid of the ball quicker. A better decison may be holding the ball longer and going for the big play if you have time to do so.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goalposts moved. The debate was not whether a QB makes better decisions with a good OL. The debate was whether a good OL results in him getting rid of the ball quicker.

A good OL means the OC is likely going to incorporate more longer developing plays especially given Fields deep accuracy which means he will hold the ball longer as he waits for those plays to develop. You logic simply makes no sense. Making better decisons is not synonymous with gett rid of the ball quicker. A better decison may be holding the ball longer and going for the big play if you have time to do so.

Goal Posts moved yes. By you.

Making better decisons is not synonymous with gett rid of the ball quicker. A better decison may be holding the ball longer and going for the big play if you have time to do so.

And it is not exclusive of it either. Making better decisions is executing the play that was called. This is done more easily under less duress. Having a crap O-line and shit receivers does nothing to further this goal, as you try to pretend. It is much more likely to lead to unnecessary scrambling and tucking and running with the ball than it is to "quick throws". My original statement, the one you choose to post your nonsense on, was about both the WR's and the O-line, Remydouche.

If the Defense knows the O-line is crap, they can press the WR's on the line of scrimmage, and there will be no one open for your "quick throws".

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Goal Posts moved yes. By you.

Making better decisons is not synonymous with gett rid of the ball quicker. A better decison may be holding the ball longer and going for the big play if you have time to do so.

And it is not exclusive of it either. Making better decisions is executing the play that was called. This is done more easily under less duress. Having a crap O-line and shit receivers does nothing to further this goal, as you try to pretend. It is much more likely to lead to unnecessary scrambling and tucking and running with the ball than it is to "quick throws". My original statement, the one you choose to post your nonsense on, was about both the WR's and the O-line, Remydouche.

If the Defense knows the O-line is crap, they can press the WR's on the line of scrimmage, and there will be no one open for your "quick throws".

Again if the OL is better then naturally more plays will be called that allow for longer developing routes. Fields was one of the more accurate deep ball throwers last year so a better OL naturally means you are going to allow him to test out that deep accuracy more which means he is going to hold the ball more.

I did not comment on the WR comment as it made logical sense. I commented on your OL comment because it makes no logical sense to claim a better OL means an OC and QB is going to respond by calling quicker plays and getting rid of the ball quicker. Generally speaking the better the OL the more likely you will attack downfield to take advantage of that fact particularly when you QB has abig arm.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No, again, it's your argument that is so stupid it is asinine. Give it up. A decent O-line helps a QB make better decisions. The End. period. End of discussion.

This is pure speculative bullshit.

"The longer an OL can hold blocks the more a QB who likes to throw deep like Fields is going to want to hold the ball waiting on a big play."

Take your "L" and run along.

The less pressure a Qb is under, the more he is likely to execute the play as it is designed. If he is still holding the ball too long, he isn't learning a dam thing.
Can you two take this outside?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Quantity over quality. I'm ok with taking a lot of swings and hoping to strike gold. But it would have been nice to bring in, either through the draft or free agency, some top quality WRs and O linemen.
It would’ve been nice to bring in the best talent from college and they didn’t. Because of the draft position they were in.

It would have been nice to get the best free agents to play for next to nothing for a team that’s not ready to contend. But they didn’t because of the cap and roster situation they are in.

Are you seriously going to continually criticize them for not doing the impossible?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would’ve been nice to bring in the best talent from college and they didn’t. Because of the draft position they were in.

It would have been nice to get the best free agents to play for next to nothing for a team that’s not ready to contend. But they didn’t because of the cap and roster situation they are in.

Are you seriously going to continually criticize them for not doing the impossible?
This is the last time I am going to say it because I am getting sick of typing it. Jalen Tolbert or Abraham Lucas was there in the 3rd. VJJ feels like a complete reach to me, I hope he proves me wrong. I don't buy into the RAS stuff as much as others on here, but there is some validity to it.

This was an otherwise really good draft for a rookie GM minus VJJ in the 3rd.

1652969846639.png

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
This is the last time I am going to say it because I am getting sick of typing it. Jalen Tolbert or Abraham Lucas was there in the 3rd. VJJ feels like a complete reach to me, I hope he proves me wrong. I don't buy into the RAS stuff as much as others on here, but there is some validity to it.

This was an otherwise really good draft for a rookie GM minus VJJ in the 3rd.

View attachment 19952
His “comp”

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt go that far. Old habbits are hard to break so I still expect him to hold the ball too lomg at times. Question is how much he cuts it down by.
Yep. He's going to hold onto the ball at times, because that's who he is. Part of it is what makes him effective. It's what made Deshaun Watson effective as well. But as a playcaller, Getsy is going to have to call a bunch more screens and RPOs and manufacture other quick throws in the offense. Part of him is waiting for guys to get open. If you scheme guys open quickly (as opposed to Nagy's scheming guys open meaning slow developing routes) then part of the problem is fixed. When they do go playaction or obvious pass downs is when you'll have to worry about Fields holding onto the ball. But playaction was also when he was at his best.