*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

lennybrisco

Liked Posts:
I hadn't looked at ypg, but that does make sense as some of guys ahead of him missed time.

I am not trying to say Kmet doesn't need to get better, he does. I think it is more that people are overvaluing the impact of TE's in general. There are very few that are true consistent game changers in the passing game. Kmet likely never becomes one of those guys, but that doesn't mean he cannot be effective or have any impact on the game - but we need to be reasonable with his projected impact.

Agreed. He needs to get better but he's already providing some value.

If he is good but not great at everything then defences still need to account for him doing anything on any given play. That holds some value in being unpredictable and keeping defenders from cheating. I think this is why he was solid second round material. It's hard to do everything well as a TE at the NFL level. (And hard to evaluate as a fan.)

I expected a little more in the passing game. His ceiling for stats is looking a little lower than I was hoping for when drafted is all. Still time though.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Going to have to side with Ross here.

Get drafted by coach/GM on hot seat - Fact

-Bad offensive line - Fact

-Lack of weapons - Fact

He then goes on to say the Bears MAY have the worst O-line and WR's in the NFL ,,,,,,they might, or they might not. It's not wrong to say it however.

Greg Gabriel is more wrong when he says this team is better than the '21 team, but time will tell.

Not sure that he implies at all the Bears should have kept Nagy/Pace. At least I did not take it that way, I took it as the Nagy/Pace should have been either gone last year, or not allowed to trade up for Fields.

Which leads to an interesting question, what would Poles have done if he was the GM in 2021?
He leaves the impression that a GM on the hot seat should not have drafted a guy

“Well, I’m on the hot seat and Nagy’s on the hot seat, so we’re not going to draft any players, as that would be harmful to them.”

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Are you paying attention or just trolling? They are building an offense. It is a DIFFERENT offense than they’ve had. Some people…
Hello? The defense is also a different defense than we had. Are YOU paying attention?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Hello? The defense is also a different defense than we had. Are YOU paying attention?
What exactly is your point? If the defensive talent was good and the offensive talent sucked, you point would make sense. But we lacked relenting BOTH sides of the ball, and Poles/Glus believed the D talent available was better than the O talent.

All others are saying is that a competent offensive system will also greatly benefit Fields and the offense, even if we still lack or have unproven talent in some areas. There was going to be no scheming away half of your secondary sucking….

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They didn't even come close to grading out similarly, but nice try. Plus, the Lions did not lose their highest two graded lineman.

Except they did. Bears were 66.8 pass blocking and Lions were 65.3. Bears were 63.4 run blocking and Lions were 66.8. Oops.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Because the grades are how they ended the year, you dolt.​

13. DETROIT LIONS (UP 2)

LT Taylor Decker | 75.3
LG Jonah Jackson | 70.0
C Evan Brown | 66.6
RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai | 67.1
RT Penei Sewell | 77.4

The Lions' offensive line pulled into shape toward the end of the season and should be entering the offseason with a feeling of optimism like much of the rest of the team. Frank Ragnow, the unit's best player, played just four games before going down injured. Rookie Penei Sewell played well at both left and right tackle over the year, earning a 77.4 PFF grade overall.

The biggest weak link was Matt Nelson at right tackle, and that resolved with the return of Taylor Decker. Left guard Jonah Jackson improved his PFF grade from 57.0 as a rookie to 70.0 in Year 2. If he takes another jump next season, this could be an elite offensive line.

22. CHICAGO BEARS (DOWN 1)

LT Jason Peters | 77.9
LG Cody Whitehair | 66.0
C Sam Mustipher | 51.8
RG James Daniels | 71.8
RT Larry Borom | 61.4

There were games this season in which the Chicago offensive line couldn’t block anybody, but overall it wasn’t as bad as those low moments. Jason Peters (now gone) gave the team 853 snaps of good play across 15 games before injury took him down. He allowed 28 pressures on 517 pass-blocking snaps. The biggest contributors were at least average with the exception of Sam Mustipher, whose 51.8 PFF grade was the lowest of the starters. Wasted Rookie pick Back Spasms Jenkins struggled once he got his chance late in the season, allowing 11 pressures and being flagged seven times on 160 snaps.

Meanwhile, unimpressive Larry Borom struggled. Now having lost the two highest graded lineman, and replacing Mustipher with the 3rd lowest rated center in the league last year. James Daniels is now also gone, leaving the highest rated player on the Bears O-line a measly 66.0 . The Bears hopes at having anything even remotely close to a serviceable O-line for struggling 2nd year Qb Justin Fields lies with a collection of 6th and 7th round draft picks , and a retread center that graded out well below 60 last year.

The Bears will start out the year with the lowest average O-line PFF grade of all the NFL teams.

Facts

Those are not the actual grades for the year dummy as you had guys injured. So you had shit guys that played for most of the year at C and LT and according to you starters are bound to get injured so Lions will have injuries again.

Based on 2021 results the Lions OL was shitty just like the Bears. Sorry. Per you stated logic they will remain a shit OL until they can prove in 2022 that they can stay healthy and are no longer shit.

Screenshot_20220521-150453_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220521-150537_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
We are speaking of 2022 and 2022 only.

On average, 11 of 154 rookies drafted on the third day see 8 or more games their rookie year. Subtract the 4th and 5th rounders and that number is less than half of that.
But speaking of 2022 I don't see any of them starting. I don't think that is in Poles plans at all.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those are not the actual grades for the year dummy as you had guys injured. So you had shit guys that played for most of the year at C and LT and according to you starters are bound to get injured so Lions will have injuries again.

Based on 2021 results the Lions OL was shitty just like the Bears. Sorry. Per you stated logic they will remain a shit OL until they can prove in 2022 that they can stay healthy and are no longer shit.

View attachment 19996
View attachment 19997
The Lions will put on the field the unit that ended the year, that is what makes my stats much more based in reality. Actually, they will be even better (return of Ragnow). On the other hand, the product that the Bears will put on the field will be significantly worse(loss of Daniels and Peters) . The fact your trying to use a compilation of stats that weight the Lions lower because of injuries is another one of your pathetic attempts to skew the facts. What is really pathetic is that even in your comparison, you don't take account of the Bears losing Daniels and Peters.

What a moron.

Nice try fool.

Face the facts.

Or maybe you would rather make a wager, as to which O-line grades out higher in 2022?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But speaking of 2022 I don't see any of them starting. I don't think that is in Poles plans at all.
That's fine, neither do I. But certain morons on this board tell me I can not grade the Bears O-line based on last years stats.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions have the same coach and scheme. Bears are completely different. Not sure I can dumb it down any more for you…
LOL, so the Bears will be even further handicapped while they adjust to a new scheme. perfect, thanks for sharing that tidbit.