*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alshon is third in my eyes. He benefited some from Marshall. ARob is an incredible route runner. N’Keal Harris’ game is kind of like Alshon fwiw ?
I would take Marty Booker in his prime over Alshon, though I believe Alshon was very talented. Just had lots of lingering injuries.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I would take Marty Booker in his prime over Alshon, though I believe Alshon was very talented. Just had lots of lingering injuries.

Booker is a good argument. After that you have some of the older players like Gauls etc. curious what Knox would have become, or where Mooney is headed, but our O personnel historically is uninspiring af.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Booker is a good argument. After that you have some of the older players like Gauls etc. curious what Knox would have become, or where Mooney is headed, but our O personnel historically is uninspiring af.
Anyone remember Mark Bradley? For a minute he looked like he was going to blow up but then his knee blew up instead and his career fizzled. Fun to watch while it lasted though.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Anyone remember Mark Bradley? For a minute he looked like he was going to blow up but then his knee blew up instead and his career fizzled. Fun to watch while it lasted though.

Yeah, that was unfortunate. Berrian was a one trick pony but talkative was fun for a while too.

Moose was…. Interesting.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that was unfortunate. Berrian was a one trick pony but talkative was fun for a while too.

Moose was…. Interesting.
Berrian worked cause Grossman's only move was to just throw deep. Berrian thus would've been worthless with say, Trubisky at the helm, but would've probably been awesome with Cutler. I think the last true speed guy they had was probably Knox? I personally enjoyed Marshall/Jeffery cause of their size and blocking ability and the way they didn't get repeatedly molested every play like Knox/Hester. Berrian exhibited none of that, he just worked for a minor period of time.

Muhammad was just old when he came to the Bears. didn't he have like a monster 2004 season with the Panthers and Angelo gave him a ton of money? one of many big money moves that just didn't work out.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lmao, Orlando Brown isn't worth that money. Chiefs should tell him to go kick rocks.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Except either of those TE's would give Fields a weapon he currently does not have, that under tight end.
Eh. This ain't Nagy's "offense" any more. The U TE isn't that big of a deal. Name the 49ers U TE? The Packers? This offense wants TEs who have blocking and receiving capabilities. Schultz is a solid blocker, but Gesicki doesn't block AT ALL. He lined up outside the box about 90% of the snaps the last couple years. He's a glorified big WR.

I'd love to Schultz over the Bears backup TEs. I'd love to have Gesicki, even if you just line him up at the X. But I don't want either at double digit million per season. Like him or not, Kmet isn't going anywhere and will get every chance to be a long term fit for this offense.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

that was called fat. lance briggs also suffered from this late in his career. jefferies though, since birth.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I get what Brad is saying, but yeah Brown should have taken that deal. On paper, it's the largest OL deal in the league and largest AAV. I get the reality is he'll only see 5/95, and that is only 19M/year, but that only puts him behind Trent Williams, Bahktiari, and Tunsil. Also, 500K behind Ronnie Stanley and 200K behind Ryan Ramczyk. And that's not taking into account anything in their contracts that they won't see.

That's a good deal for both sides. It's more than Brown will likely get on the market as many outside zone teams probably wouldn't go after him (cutting down his market). Plus, you have to figure some teams that does like his fit wouldn't play him at LT anyway. Optically for Brown, it's the biggest deal in the league for OL. Practically for the Chiefs it's right in line with the top RT, top 5 LTs, and top 7 tackles overall (and he is not any of these).

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I get what Brad is saying, but yeah Brown should have taken that deal. On paper, it's the largest OL deal in the league and largest AAV. I get the reality is he'll only see 5/95, and that is only 19M/year, but that only puts him behind Trent Williams, Bahktiari, and Tunsil. Also, 500K behind Ronnie Stanley and 200K behind Ryan Ramczyk. And that's not taking into account anything in their contracts that they won't see.

That's a good deal for both sides. It's more than Brown will likely get on the market as many outside zone teams probably wouldn't go after him (cutting down his market). Plus, you have to figure some teams that does like his fit wouldn't play him at LT anyway. Optically for Brown, it's the biggest deal in the league for OL. Practically for the Chiefs it's right in line with the top RT, top 5 LTs, and top 7 tackles overall (and he is not any of these).

Well put and 100% correct

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Pat Kirwan was talking him up mainly because of his age and when I watch him play, I absolutely wonder if any of these talent evaluators watch him closely. Brown isn't a very good pass blocker. Personally I think he's the chiefs worst starting olineman