My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Bears Signing OL Michael Schofield​

Wyatt Grindley

1-2 minutes

Aaron Wilson reports that the Bears are signing veteran OL Michael Schofield to a contract.
USATSI_13475723_168383805_lowres-300x221.jpg
Schofield, 31, is a former third-round pick out of Michigan by the Broncos in the 2014 NFL Draft. Denver elected to waive him at the start of the 2017 season and he was later claimed off of waivers by the Chargers.
Schofield played out the final year of a four-year, $2,777,200 rookie contract before returning to Los Angeles on a two-year contract in 2018.
The Panthers signed him to a contract for the 2020 season and he later caught on with the Ravens but was released coming out of the preseason. He then played with the Chargers for the 2021 season.
In 2021, Schofield appeared in 15 games for the Chargers, starting in 12 at tackle.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Is Schofield the next Sitton or Slauson? 2 late offseason pickups that absolutely kicked ass
Hope that is the case, also seems to be a better pass protector than Daniels was last year. Daniels gave up 40 pressures last year, while the most Schofield has given up in a single year has been 30.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hope that is the case, also seems to be a better pass protector than Daniels was last year. Daniels gave up 40 pressures last year, while the most Schofield has given up in a single year has been 30.

If the line is at least competent, then I believe we won't be watching one of the league's worst teams.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool, i'll pay $5/Month to watch the games i can already see on my TV and still end up searching for a place to watch Bears games every Sunday.

They need to let fans have option to purchase game packages per team. Biggest pro sport in the country, multi-billion dollar business and they're still figuring all of this out.
I read that the NFL+ launch means Game Pass is now going away? If so that would mean rather than watching Bears games on the big screen at my leisure I can only watch them on the small screen? That would make me way unhappy. At least let me stream on my desktop, which works just fine for sports.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I read that the NFL+ launch means Game Pass is now going away? If so that would mean rather than watching Bears games on the big screen at my leisure I can only watch them on the small screen? That would make me way unhappy. At least let me stream on my desktop, which works just fine for sports.
No clue. Wouldn't spend a dime on it regardless.