*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Brownie

Liked Posts:
He’s playing in a completely different defense with a completely different coaching staff that has zero allegiance to him. He might want to reconsider his strategy….
Def something to consider. I guess you can say that any coach or talent evaluator that has been in the league has seen every player enough to know their value... but same time when your coming into a situation brand new and still learning the roster more intimately, it would be hard for me to sign a dude to a big deal with out a full season of "getting to know you" first as well. I can understand that take.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Eh not overly enthused about giving an off ball LB 20m a year. We certainly have the money to do it but not opposed to trading him either if it yields a 1st or 2nd round pick.

I find it doubtful any team would give up a 1st and then sign him to a mega contract. I even doubt he would get a high 2nd.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Amazing Hub doesn't understand what Smith would get in a trade. Smith would never fetch 2 1st round picks.
He has progressively gotten dumber and dumber over the past 5 years. He needs to get checked. But i would love for the Bears to be on the other end of one of those trades for once and it would be even more incredible if they did it while trading away a player that isn't at a premium position, which is why its ridiculous to begin with.