So which week does Long die??

• Total voters

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
See title, then vote in the poll.

Statistically speaking, there's no chance he makes it past week 8, so i left the cutoff there. Essentially you're choosing between week 1 thru 8 for when Long will die.

Not to toot my own foghorn, but i literally hit the nail on the head when we did this last year, so this year I'm going with week 3, but don't let my prediction sway you in any one direction.

Vote away!

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
See title, then vote in the poll.

Statistically speaking, there's no chance he makes it past week 8, so i left the cutoff there. Essentially you're choosing between week 1 thru 8 for when Long will die.

Not to toot my own foghorn, but i literally hit the nail on the head when we did this last year, so this year I'm going with week 3, but don't let my prediction sway you in any one direction.

Vote away!
I've been reviewing Kyle's tape from the past couple of years recently and it leads me to believe that he will get hurt this year in Week 6.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So far week 3 is the clear favorite!

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was going to vote but there was no option called "long after Novak is butt-hurt about Long".
Unfortunately the options are just week 1-8. What ya got?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately the options are just week 1-8. What ya got?
The Raiders go a surprising 3-1 to start the season, but lose both of their starting guards to season ending injuries. Chucky goes all out on getting Long because of Raider nation connections, blah blah blah. They offer the Bears a 4th rounder for Long because they believe that this is the year for the Raiders' big turn around. One of the UDFA guards shows some tremendous upside along with Coward taking a huge step also allows the Bears to trade Long for anything before he is gone the following year. Long lasts all of one play before he goes on IR for the season. The Raiders then tank the rest of the season ending up with a 3-11 record and the #2 pick in every round. The Bears basically get a late 3rd rounder for Long and the 2020 1st round that they lost for Mack is almost equal to the 2nd rounder they get from the Raiders.

Just so you know, the Bears play the Raiders in week 5, so it is Hicks who knocks Long out for the season.

So ... Long is injured in week 5.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Kyle Long?? and my girl?? are both drowning?? and I could only save one?☝️️ you can Catch me letting it rip at Kyle Longs funeral??? Cause it's my girl or catch a fade my ninja?? ???

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Raiders go a surprising 3-1 to start the season, but lose both of their starting guards to season ending injuries. Chucky goes all out on getting Long because of Raider nation connections, blah blah blah. They offer the Bears a 4th rounder for Long because they believe that this is the year for the Raiders' big turn around. One of the UDFA guards shows some tremendous upside along with Coward taking a huge step also allows the Bears to trade Long for anything before he is gone the following year. Long lasts all of one play before he goes on IR for the season. The Raiders then tank the rest of the season ending up with a 3-11 record and the #2 pick in every round. The Bears basically get a late 3rd rounder for Long and the 2020 1st round that they lost for Mack is almost equal to the 2nd rounder they get from the Raiders.

Just so you know, the Bears play the Raiders in week 5, so it is Hicks who knocks Long out for the season.

So ... Long is injured in week 5.
I never envisioned Long getting hurt as a "best case scenario" for the bears but sheesh, how many times do the bears need to fleece the raiders before that franchise dithers into irrelevance?

I really like the direction you took with this, I may have to change my vote to week 5 to reflect how exciting this injury may be. Thank you!

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No option for preseason?
I figured the Bears staff would do the right (wrong?!?) thing and "protect" Long by allowing him to hide in the sidelines all preseason. I dunno.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
" @Novak what kinda asshole makes a thread wishing injury on one of our players?!

You are going to be so butt hurt when Long makes it to the pro bowl as an alternate after playing the entire season and you will have to suckle at the teet of the great Mr Long while begging his and CCS forgiveness." - some rando Homer meatball

The correct answer is week 5.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seems like everyone is thinking week 5, I think Long may be too brittle to last that long but I'm happy ppl are lining up their #calledits even though they're probably wrong

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like everyone is thinking week 5, I think Long may be too brittle to last that long but I'm happy ppl are lining up their #calledits even though they're probably wrong

Hey buddy. I'd just like to say TUSM for this thread.

If u recall, I was the one that bumped ur Long injury thread last year. B4 the season started u predicted Long would be injured by week 8. That same week b4 the game I had a REALLY bad feeling that the Bears would suffer a major injury... looks like we mutually #calledit.

Just so u know I have bookmarked this thread so I can bump it in early November or so to give u more #calledit props.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No option for preseason?

If Long goes full gimp anytime before week 1, week 1 is the correct answer, that's why I went with week 1.

If Long goes out for the season with carpal tunnel syndrome from playing fortnite, week 1 wins.

EVERYBODY

Liked Posts:
I feel he will be PUP'd by Week 7 and Hiestand will throw one of his Buddies in their from ND .... maybe the center ?[

....then we will await his return for the playoffs, eager with anticipation

....Ds get Degrees and PuPs get Rings