***OFFICIAL*** PRESEASON IGT: Bears vs Chiefs (Who The **** Let That Bald **** Back Into My ****ing Stadium Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Justin Fields injury update: Bears quarterback sprained ankle, should be back by November​

Jake Aferiat
08-13-2022•3 min read
ields-12242021-getty-ftr_6tsf6z6utbj31xb4tvuat3a71.png

After numerous injuries to the WR and Offensive line core, Bears got dealt another blow when team doctors graded Justin Fields sprain as "High Grade."
Fields, who is dealing with a lackluster rookie season is "out until November at least" Flus said.

Pelissero: Zach Wilson suffered bone bruise and meniscus tear, will require surgery

Pause

Next video

0:06 / 0:46

Full-screen

The 2nd year pro signal caller played just alright on Saturday, but failed to score a TD. He played 100 percent of the Bears' offensive snaps until about 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.
Fields said on Wednesday that he tweaked his ankle in practice on Thursday but because of "McCaskey shenanigans" word of the injury didn't see the light of day.
"When you're playing in the game, you've got a bunch of adrenaline going on and stuff," Fields said. "That's when I first felt it, but I was still good enough to play through it. It got worse after the game because it hurt so bad. Our field is rough, man. What do you want me to say? At least Coach Nagy wasn't on our sideline."
At the game's conclusion, Fields said he viewed himself as "day-to-day." He won't start for some time, but when head coach Matt Eberflus was asked about the situation all he said was "Did you see that defense stop Showtime Mahomes out there?"
The 11th overall pick in last year's draft out of Ohio State, Fields has completed 58.9 percent of his passes for 1,870 yards and seven touchdowns and 10 interceptions through the air in 12 games, including 10 as the starter in 2021. He also has 72 carries for 420 yards and two touchdowns on the ground, making him the team's second-leading rusher.

MORE FROM SPORTING NEWS

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Mustipher looked so fucking bad in the first half (watching delayed). Also in most of the other football he has played.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Mustipher looked so fucking bad in the first half (watching delayed). Also in most of the other football he has played.
And people keep wondering why Fields can't move up in the pocket.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Still think this Bears team will stink but I guess one positive early on is it looks like the guys Poles drafted can play. Hopefully Gordon gets back soon but sounded like he was impressing as well.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m afraid of this being true, but that’s my impression too. I have much less fear when Siemien is in the pocket. Of course he’s against backups, but doesn't seem like he rolls into pressure or takes big hits. Its great that Fields is ‘tough’ but he doesn’t need to take any more sacks or direct hits than his line will already get him. Turn your back, go to the ground, evade away from pressure, step into pockets

I think he is pretty accurate, cannon for an arm, his tools are great, his composure and leadership great. But you can’t be unaware of incoming hits
Siemien has been in the league for 5 years. I would have to watch the game again, but for certain the second one Jones was pushed into him as he was releasing .

Wtf do you expect him to go? He blew right threw RG by the time JF had his head around this is what he was looking at
7E7C48A0-5688-47C7-81A3-281E05D74598.jpeg

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Siemien has been in the league for 5 years. I would have to watch the game again, but for certain the second one Jones was pushed into him as he was releasing .

Wtf do you expect him to go? He blew right threw RG by the time JF had his head around this is what he was looking at
View attachment 21711
This is a tough one. On one hand, you could say that fields could have move suddenly to his left and climbed the pocket. It could also be argued that he could have scrambled to his left and maybe made something happen. Hard to tell from this shot

All that said, when your RG gets demolished on a bull rush and you have pressure in your face within 2 seconds, that usually doesn’t end well no matter who you are

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that KC doesn't look particularly deep.....Bears scrubs kicking the shit out of the KC scrubs.
It actually makes sense

Bears have a dilapidated roster with almost no vets locking down starting spots.

They have an HC that seems to be respected by players around the league

It makes total sense that fringe players, udfas, and guys trying to revive careers after being buried on depth charts or on shitty teams would flock to the bears