*** OFFICIAL *** Running Bulls IGT

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If I was GM of the Bulls, sure, it would be pretty simple to check Lavine's market interest and value. Straightforward due diligence.

No matter what you think of Lavine or any other player, a trade must be explored in an effort to improve the long-term trajectory of the roster. Only then can assessments and informed decisions be made on whether the ROI is positive, neutral, or negative.

Any GM that does not pursue this strategy is a fucking idiot and a fool.

So you don’t care to speculate on a realistic package that would be worth it for the Bulls? Likely because that package doesn’t exist. Sure, if a team calls and offers you a to the moon package, you consider it. But I don’t think actively shopping him is the smart play. Far from it. If a team calls, sure, do your due diligence and listen, but I can’t think of a realistic package a team could/would offer that makes sense to trade LaVine.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So you don’t care to speculate on a realistic package that would be worth it for the Bulls? Likely because that package doesn’t exist. Sure, if a team calls and offers you a to the moon package, you consider it. But I don’t think actively shopping him is the smart play. Far from it. If a team calls, sure, do your due diligence and listen, but I can’t think of a realistic package a team could/would offer that makes sense to trade LaVine.

LOL, wut? Turrible hot take bruh.

No, that's not how business negotiations, transactions, and auctions work from a seller's perspective. Clearly you have not had much, if any, personal exposure to any of this.

I'm not going to play fantasy-boi and study every NBA team's roster personnel, contracts, draft assets, and needs in order to establish a hypothetical trade. I just don't care enough and its pointless.

Your plan to wait for phone calls and then perform due diligence is lazy and amateurish, there is no downside to a proactive market check. Auction to the highest bidder, and if that highest bid doesn't fall in line with the long-term goals of our FO, then pass.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes

Exactly. You can't go around shopping your best players. That is a brainless idea and telling other players around the league that if you go to Chicago, it doesn't matter how good you are, they will look to trade you for something better. Never going to attract FA's that way. Big markets don't matter anymore. Culture is everything. That is the only long-term trajectory that needs to be assessed. When was the last time a team won a championship thinking long term about roster. The Spurs maybe. Someone offers a trade, you pick up the call and entertain it. Draft picks are betting on the future, there is no guarantee. You need the best players in the league to see that you are a good organization to play for. Zach is on a great contract and playing well beyond the worth of that contract and he is still young. You don't shop it. You field offers but it would have to be an immediate impact and not some future hope to win the Lottery. We could play the lottery forever and never draft a championship team while good organizations around us continue to grab all the good, proven players making them instant contenders.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if Atlanta is going around asking teams what they would trade for Trae Young ?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
LOL, wut? Turrible hot take bruh.

No, that's not how business negotiations, transactions, and auctions work from a seller's perspective. Clearly you have not had much, if any, personal exposure to any of this.

I'm not going to play fantasy-boi and study every NBA team's roster personnel, contracts, draft assets, and needs in order to establish a hypothetical trade. I just don't care enough and its pointless.

Your plan to wait for phone calls and then perform due diligence is lazy and amateurish, there is no downside to a proactive market check. Auction to the highest bidder, and if that highest bid doesn't fall in line with the long-term goals of our FO, then pass.

Lol ok big time pro GM. I’ll let you take it away and let the lazy amateur fools heed your expert advise on the matter.

I wonder if the Texans are calling every team about Watson or if they’re just fielding the plethora of interested suitors? Hmm....they HAVE to be calling right??

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Lol ok big time pro GM. I’ll let you take it away and let the lazy amateur fools heed your expert advise on the matter.

I wonder if the Texans are calling every team about Watson or if they’re just fielding the plethora of interested suitors? Hmm....they HAVE to be calling right??
You seem like a good dude and a fellow Chi sports fan so I will just leave it at this rather than shred the absurd rebuttal.

And yes, I have made a living negotiating business transactions over the past 3 decades, I have more experience in trades than Garpax. AA, and you combined (albeit in the corporate world rather than sports, but the same principles apply).

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Exactly. You can't go around shopping your best players. That is a brainless idea and telling other players around the league that if you go to Chicago, it doesn't matter how good you are, they will look to trade you for something better. Never going to attract FA's that way. Big markets don't matter anymore. Culture is everything. That is the only long-term trajectory that needs to be assessed. When was the last time a team won a championship thinking long term about roster. The Spurs maybe. Someone offers a trade, you pick up the call and entertain it. Draft picks are betting on the future, there is no guarantee. You need the best players in the league to see that you are a good organization to play for. Zach is on a great contract and playing well beyond the worth of that contract and he is still young. You don't shop it. You field offers but it would have to be an immediate impact and not some future hope to win the Lottery. We could play the lottery forever and never draft a championship team while good organizations around us continue to grab all the good, proven players making them instant contenders.
:dramatic:

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
Dont want to hear shit about how Williams "isnt ready" anymore. Mother fucking Kornet hoisted 4 shots in 7 minutes. When the fuck has Kornet been "ready"

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Dont want to hear shit about how Williams "isnt ready" anymore. Mother fucking Kornet hoisted 4 shots in 7 minutes. When the fuck has Kornet been "ready"

Your right, he needs to be the focal point of the offense ASAP.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
Your right, he needs to be the focal point of the offense ASAP.

And the fanboidom will set you free. I've not once said he should be the first option I said he shouldnt be the 4th, 5th, even 6th, 7th or 8th option like he is most nights especially with the two glass big men out. Any more strawmen in the tank?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You seem like a good dude and a fellow Chi sports fan so I will just leave it at this rather than shred the absurd rebuttal.

And yes, I have made a living negotiating business transactions over the past 3 decades, I have more experience in trades than Garpax. AA, and you combined (albeit in the corporate world rather than sports, but the same principles apply).

You should know, the first person to talk, loses. When you have a player like LaVine, interested teams are going to call. It's not like interested teams are going to WAIT for the Bulls to call them up. Again, the Bulls should do their due dilligence and listen to teams and gauge the market. They should absolutely NOT be ACTIVELY shopping him. I understand you're a boss in silicon valley, but you come across as someone who thinks they're much smarter than they are. Claiming people would be idiots, fools, morons etc if they don't adhere to your philosophy. And considering that you admittedly have zero experience in being a GM, it's a pretty bad look and doesn't wash down well.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
You should know, the first person to talk, loses. When you have a player like LaVine, interested teams are going to call. It's not like interested teams are going to WAIT for the Bulls to call them up. Again, the Bulls should do their due dilligence and listen to teams and gauge the market. They should absolutely NOT be ACTIVELY shopping him. I understand you're a boss in silicon valley, but you come across as someone who thinks they're much smarter than they are. Claiming people would be idiots, fools, morons etc if they don't adhere to your philosophy. And considering that you admittedly have zero experience in being a GM, it's a pretty bad look and doesn't wash down well.

Cool, thank you for the life advice.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Coby has played better the past two games. Maybe a wakeup call?

Master Debater

Liked Posts:

Yes you do trade him for the highest offer regardless if it meets his value if hes not staying long term as is. You think the rockets got max value for fat harden with all those late and future picks? lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yes you do trade him for the highest offer regardless if it meets his value if hes not staying long term as is. You think the rockets got max value for fat harden with all those late and future picks? lol

Well I believe he’s signed two more years. Where are you getting that he’s not going to stay long term? Is this just your guess?

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
Well I believe he’s signed two more years. Where are you getting that he’s not going to stay long term? Is this just your guess?

Well who are you getting as GM via FA or trades to drastically improve this roster? He said he wants to be an all-star, maybe it will happen, probably wont with coaches picking the reserves and he wont be voted in a starter and coaches look at team record so the Bulls arent helping him there. He said he wants to play for a winner. Again who are YOU getting for a FACT to improve the roster drastically before the end of 2022 when his contract is up? He said he wants to get paid and Chicago CAN do that, thats all they can do as of now of the three/four things listed.

We have one draft, one FA period and two trading deadlines to drastically improve the roster before he walks. You say "he's under contract for 2 seasons" well halfway is approaching on one of those seasons and unless Williams starts to be more of a focal point and unless our next draft pick is a homerun from day one the roster isn't improving.

Its not a guess. If you are waiting for him to come out and say hes leaving you are going to have to wait until he declines an extension in the offseason and again before the end of next season. If you expect him to just come out and say "I'm leaving when my contract is up" I got some ocean front property for you in Arizona.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Well who are you getting as GM via FA or trades to drastically improve this roster? He said he wants to be an all-star, maybe it will happen, probably wont with coaches picking the reserves and he wont be voted in a starter and coaches look at team record so the Bulls arent helping him there. He said he wants to play for a winner. Again who are YOU getting for a FACT to improve the roster drastically before the end of 2022 when his contract is up? He said he wants to get paid and Chicago CAN do that, thats all they can do as of now of the three/four things listed.

We have one draft, one FA period and two trading deadlines to drastically improve the roster before he walks. You say "he's under contract for 2 seasons" well halfway is approaching on one of those seasons and unless Williams starts to be more of a focal point and unless our next draft pick is a homerun from day one the roster isn't improving.

Its not a guess. If you are waiting for him to come out and say hes leaving you are going to have to wait until he declines an extension in the offseason and again before the end of next season. If you expect him to just come out and say "I'm leaving when my contract is up" I got some ocean front property for you in Arizona.

This is a lot of words to concede you’re guessing. Maybe even an educated guess, but a guess none the less. You have no idea how dedicated LaVine is to the bulls and the new regime. Not to mention the bulls could offer him more money than anyone else.

Now, do the bulls have their work cut out for them? No shit. That’s a given. But let my throw this out there....say the Bulls trade Lauri for a mid-late 1. Then they sign Drummond. They end of in the top 10 and pick up a good prospect. Maybe they also sign Lonzo ball.

Potential lineup:

Lonzo/White
LaVine/Valentine
Williams
WCJ
Drummond

Then you have a top 10 and top 20 pick (from the Lauri trade) in the fold. You also have the versatility to start Williams at the 4, WCJ off the bench, if one of those two firsts netted you a SF. To say Zach is a goner, is a negative approach and ignoring any avenues to improve

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
This is a lot of words to concede you’re guessing. Maybe even an educated guess, but a guess none the less. You have no idea how dedicated LaVine is to the bulls and the new regime. Not to mention the bulls could offer him more money than anyone else.

Now, do the bulls have their work cut out for them? No shit. That’s a given. But let my throw this out there....say the Bulls trade Lauri for a mid-late 1. Then they sign Drummond. They end of in the top 10 and pick up a good prospect. Maybe they also sign Lonzo ball.

Potential lineup:

Lonzo/White
LaVine/Valentine
Williams
WCJ
Drummond

Then you have a top 10 and top 20 pick (from the Lauri trade) in the fold. You also have the versatility to start Williams at the 4, WCJ off the bench, if one of those two firsts netted you a SF. To say Zach is a goner, is a negative approach and ignoring any avenues to improve

If the roster doesnt improve drastically hes leaving its not rocket science. How can you take him saying he wants to play on a winner and think hes going to stay on for the money with a loser if we still suck? 2+2 is 4, its never 5