My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
What do you guys think about these two trade ideas?

Marcus Smart for Lauri and a throw in, trade machine says an additional million needs to go to Boston so Kornet? Machine says it works.

I know some like Lonzo I dont but even if I did New Orleans really doesn't that's why they are shopping him and he's about to be a UFA that the Pels don't want to match so why trade for that? If the Bulls don't win a championship in 2021 its not the end of the world and Ball isn't the piece that's going to make that happen anyway.

Mo Bamba. I don't think he's a bust. He was drafted to develop behind and replace Vuci in Orland and Vuci decided he wanted to be an all-star Center at the same time. I get the argument that hes the third team Center and that is concerning but here he would be the backup for 2021. He probably more skilled to do at Center what we want WCJ to do and WCJ wants to play PF and its probably where hes best suited body wise. If he stinks in half a season here go sign Drummond, maybe even sign Drummond regardless.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What do you guys think about these two trade ideas?

Marcus Smart for Lauri and a throw in, trade machine says an additional million needs to go to Boston so Kornet? Machine says it works.

I know some like Lonzo I dont but even if I did New Orleans really doesn't that's why they are shopping him and he's about to be a UFA that the Pels don't want to match so why trade for that? If the Bulls don't win a championship in 2021 its not the end of the world and Ball isn't the piece that's going to make that happen anyway.

Mo Bamba. I don't think he's a bust. He was drafted to develop behind and replace Vuci in Orland and Vuci decided he wanted to be an all-star Center at the same time. I get the argument that hes the third team Center and that is concerning but here he would be the backup for 2021. He probably more skilled to do at Center what we want WCJ to do and WCJ wants to play PF and its probably where hes best suited body wise. If he stinks in half a season here go sign Drummond, maybe even sign Drummond regardless.

Smart would provide some added leadership and toughness, but he’s a horrid shooter and while he’s averaging 6 assists, isn’t really a pure PG or great play maker. I’d rather hold onto Lauri tbh, and I’m one of the bigger anti Markannen people

I’d take a flyer on bamba depending on cost. I liked him coming out. Obviously hasn’t worked out for him but there’s some potential there. Not sure if it works, but I’d do something like kornet and a 2nd. Unless he’s a FA after this season, then I’d hold off

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

I doubt they trade him now since he’s hit his stride. It would be a stupid move on their part since that team is much better when he’s on the floor.

I wouldn’t mind Smart if the price is right. Good defender and high IQ.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why would Boston want to get rid of Smart?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Why would Boston want to get rid of Smart?

are you suggesting that wouldn’t be “smart” of them?! But “master” debater came up with the idea...how can that be?!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
are you suggesting that wouldn’t be “smart” of them?! But “master” debater came up with the idea...how can that be?!
I'm saying that if we're going to be throwing out trade ideas, let's make them reasonable. Boston is definitely underachieving this year, but I don't think they are sellers.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Ok there’s no way we can lose a game where ducking Luke Kornet hits 3 3s in a row lol

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
Kristaps? Hes over paid and probably never going to be worth 30 million but hes better than Lauri at defense and rebounding though hes not great at either. Allows you to slide WCJ to the 4 so its like having the same team but slightly better.

Porter Jr and Lauri for Kristaps? Mavs have actually been a better defensive team without him on the court and it gets them out of their contract. Some videos I have watched suggested the Mavs will only be able to get what they gave up for him which wasn't much including Dennis Smith Jr. Throw in a top 20 protected pick in 2021 that goes to lotto protected in 2022 and unprotected in 2023 if the Mavs have a lot of trade interest from teams?

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
Drummond and Garland for White and Otto? Maybe throw in a pick in the future given it would leave Cleveland with a SG in White and a combo guard in Sexton?

With Drummond not playing and his contract his value is very little unless its to a bad team looking to unload contracts in exchange.

Could then move Lauri to the bench and let him play the Porter Jr role of instant offense off the bench then when teams go small to draw Drummond away from the basket Lauri can come in and move Carter back to center.

But Garland is the catch here. Sure we have money to resign Drummond if it makes sense in the summer and Lauri going to 6th man probably drops his value to what the Bulls were talking about paying him before the season and if he gets a better offer somewhere else so be it.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

And if that +6 win projection is right it and you cut that in half and we are currently 18-14, the 4th seed and 2 games ahead of Toronto. Throw in the other 3 additional wins to the second half and we easily are a 4,5,or 6 seed going into the playoffs.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Today’s game canceled.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls really need a legit center. Good big men are owning them in the paint.

They need a legit robin. After Zach, they have no one close to resembling a star. You need 2, if not 3 stars in this league. Bulls have 1

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls really need a legit center. Good big men are owning them in the paint.

this is so true. Big men have been owning the bulls. WCJ needs to get it figured out defensively. I don’t expect him to stop guys completely, but let’s at least make em work and earn it. Good big men go for 35+ constantly on him. Embiid,joker, vucevic, etc

I mean our two leading rebounders tonight were coby and Zach with 10 and 9. Next closest was Thad with 5. That’s unacceptable

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
They need a legit robin. After Zach, they have no one close to resembling a star. You need 2, if not 3 stars in this league. Bulls have 1

They need a legit big man first. Doesn't matter how many threes you shoot its easier for big man to make close two's vs inferior defense.

Only other "star" that could be had is KAT or Porzingas. KAT will cost you Porter, Lauri (but probably WCJ which makes no sense for the Bulls) and a bag of picks.

Porzingas is often injured all of a sudden and is overpaid at least based on production. If you have a magic potion to keep him healthy then you have ZL, KP and PW to build around. Also because hes often injured recently you can get him for much less than you could if he was healthy and worth his contract.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
They need a legit big man first. Doesn't matter how many threes you shoot its easier for big man to make close two's vs inferior defense.

Only other "star" that could be had is KAT or Porzingas. KAT will cost you Porter, Lauri (but probably WCJ which makes no sense for the Bulls) and a bag of picks.

Porzingas is often injured all of a sudden and is overpaid at least based on production. If you have a magic potion to keep him healthy then you have ZL, KP and PW to build around. Also because hes often injured recently you can get him for much less than you could if he was healthy and worth his contract.

They need a lot of things. You can’t run around the fact that in this league you need multiple stars. Sure, you could point to other needs...another wing, PG, and big. Another all star would help more than anything though