I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't know if that'll be the case. I'm 50/50 on the idea that they make the playoffs, but I don't suspect them to be as bad as they were last year.

im with ya. I think if they can keep guys healthy, that’ll go a long ways. Course, for guys like Otto, WCJ, and lauri...that’s a massive if

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
im with ya. I think if they can keep guys healthy, that’ll go a long ways. Course, for guys like Otto, WCJ, and lauri...that’s a massive if
Pretty much this season is to see what true potential this roster has. It could still very much be a dumpster fire and thus we would see mass changes in the offseason (or even deadline).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Pretty much this season is to see what true potential this roster has. It could still very much be a dumpster fire and thus we would see mass changes in the offseason (or even deadline).
But the roster has talent, and you have an actual head coach, so I just don’t understand how anyone could think this will be a dumpster fire. I also think that there’s a FO that will respond quicker than the previous regime. I get that most of us have PTSD, but there’s a recovery here.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope this hast just been a one game rust fluke.

I didn't expect a win but to get murdered like this after 9 months of waiting to play again .... damn! And the Rockets didnt even have their 30+ points scorer suit up.

All offseason I hear them talking about how player A is so good at this and that, player B will have a breakout year, we are going to play so much better under the new coach and blabla.

I can accept losing, but I can not accept being down 20 after one effing quarter!

Don't talk the talk, walk the walk!!!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Why the whole season? This is a new front office with only one player that they drafted. There is no attachment to anyone else on this roster. Before trade deadline they should have a good idea who they want to sell or buy.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I hope this hast just been a one game rust fluke.

I didn't expect a win but to get murdered like this after 9 months of waiting to play again .... damn! And the Rockets didnt even have their 30+ points scorer suit up.

All offseason I hear them talking about how player A is so good at this and that, player B will have a breakout year, we are going to play so much better under the new coach and blabla.

I can accept losing, but I can not accept being down 20 after one effing quarter!

Don't talk the talk, walk the walk!!!

it’s probably why the rockets played so well and shared/moved the basketball around so well. Harden is a basketball cancer IMO. It’ll be hilarious watching Durant frustrated as fuck if they acquire harden. Harden and kyrie will make sure to keep durants numbers in check with their ball hogging ways

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
This is an evaluation season. They may or may not be dumpster fire. We’ll see. This front office won’t be afraid to make moves when they see fit. Next year’s draft and where they pick will be crucial. It sounds like it should be a stacked draft.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I don't know if that'll be the case. I'm 50/50 on the idea that they make the playoffs, but I don't suspect them to be as bad as they were last year.
I don't want to believe it, but I'm 100% sure if they really don't work on defense this team is doomed.

There's alot to like tho.

I like Arch off the bench with PW, I think Gaff is soo under rated, but I also think Lauri is washed up. I'm not liking anything he's doing right now and I'm a big fan of the kid. He looks lost and out his weight class.

But, game two and there's still alot of lapses on D. Wall looked ridiculous and I don't know if he has that explosiveness because he trained that year the right way or because the Bulls are just that bad in their own end.

I'm optimistic as anyone, but that defense needs to really get better.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why the whole season? This is a new front office with only one player that they drafted. There is no attachment to anyone else on this roster. Before trade deadline they should have a good idea who they want to sell or buy.
I said (or even the deadline).. Could be before the deadline though. I just imagine they'll let a lot of games go by before making a move unless some other team offers them something good.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Patrick Williams starting tonight.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Coby ?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Patrick Williams starting again tonight.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't believe for a second that PWill is going to be starting in the regular season, but sure, give him that burn in preseason.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Played well. Although he's clearly not athletic....

I don't have tv or streaming so I terrified this isn't sarcasm.

What I saw in college was a phenom body that played very carefully. Donovans first comments were "happy to see him playing within himself."

I want to see that Ferrari unleashed if he doesn't get too heavy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From what I can ascertain from blurry 3 second downloads, damn that shot is smooth, so I'm going with sarcasm.

3 scorers out of last 4 first round picks ain't bad, has to help at least be competitive soon.

Same stroke he showed in those pick-up games...smooth, flow...fuck...

hard to believe he is gangly and still growing into himself. Really smooth scorer for 19 at that length.

Great job AK! That might buy a few extra years patience right at the start. I'm excited for 2021-22 season. We gotta keep Lauri!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice comeback tonight.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Just some thoughts after watching all of the pre season games:

lauri- I love that he’s actually able to move around now and just stand at the 3 point line. If he can get his 3 ball going, he can easily be a 20-25 ppg IMO

Zach- even as a Zach defender, I never thought I’d see the day he’d actually be playing good defense. He actually looked pretty damn good most of the time on that end. Let’s see if he can do that a whole season.

Coby- kid is a baller and someone I was wrong about coming out of college.

Patrick Williams- Kid can play. He’s going to be a big difference maker at some point.

Hutchison- he’s never going to be a star, but if he can stay healthy he’s a nice bench piece.

Denzel- I get his style of play fits what the bulls want their offensive identity to be, but they need to realize this guy is made of paper. Seems like anytime he walks he hurts himself. I wish they would have kept Shaq. It would have been nice to see what he could be with real coaching and development.

I loved how much better the offense has looked thus far compared to last year. My expectations are still low, but at the very least it looks like the Bulls may finally be a fun tea, again.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
I haven't been this excited since the mvp days of rose.i am looking foward to this season.my expectation for this team this season will be watching the baby bulls but with a shot of making noise in the playoffs

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I haven't been this excited since the mvp days of rose.i am looking foward to this season.my expectation for this team this season will be watching the baby bulls but with a shot of making noise in the playoffs

Jealous of you...I see a roster that is somewhere between garbage and meddling. We are so, so far away from competing in the playoffs that it’s quite sad. At least we have some new pieces in the FO and a rook that holds much promise.