Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Defense was bad in second half. These next 3 are going to be brutal.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Such a fast pace tonight, no defense. Everyone to tired to play defense.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
bulls go through these spurts at the beginning of every year with their past coaches. meh start then they string some wins together then fall the eff off a cliff. not saying its going to happen again.

dont care they lost tonight. they need a pg, they need an actual modern center like mobley. let williams use these games as practice instead of assuming hes going to get better going at 70% in practice like everyone else is. I'd rather him go 2-15 shooting one night than to go 3-8 and be the fifth option in the offense.

he can dribble, he can shoot, he can drive. he needs to go against NBA competition to get better. watched him bring it up the floor the other night, didnt look like a stumbling future PF. Not saying to make him a point guard by any means. But he can clearly do more than stand in the corner 20 mins a night.

I get the coach thinks he has to win games and i get the FO doesnt want to pick 4th again. But I do, or high at least for one more year. And if this 4th pick is going to be part of your core he needs to be involved more.

I want to know what he is by the time hes 22 not by the time hes 26.

I already dicussed some of your points when you made these comments before...your a parrot nothing more. ..oh btw they are a young team they will get better. Too many turnovers as well in the first half

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I just want to take issue with this one point, because I've been someone who has talked about Sato:

I'm not suggesting that he should be starting over White, I'm only saying that Sato is a better PG than White. FTR, I believe in a positionless offense.
I want to clarify, I wasn't taking a direct shot at you or any side of the argument there, I like them both. It was more just a general statement of what I had been seeing discussed, but I could see that it could also be taken as sort of a snide remark. I am not a good enough analyst to be able to form an opinion on that subject. I do agree thought that I FEEL like Sato is maybe the better TRUE PG, but Coby is definitely a better scorer, obviously. It goes a bit to my other point of...

Like before, I feel like they are one player away, but what position do you put that player and who are they most invested in. Zach is the man, which means you can't really move Coby to SG... right? I am not as good at how NBA lineups work because I watch college college more. So I don't know if Zach is considered a straight 2 or more of a three or whatever. But I also feel like NBA doesn't really have positions anymore, they just throw guys out there that are working. Lauri is super talented, but I still feel like he's the odd man out if they aren't going to be able to truely build around him. Wendell has really turned me around, I didn't hate him but I thought he'd peeked, yet if he keeps man balling and rebounding like he did last night, I think he can keep getting better. So where does that leave them? Sato, White, Levin, Markeneneneneenen, Carter? Porter first off bench? Patrick Williams first off bench? I think he's going to be too good to do that to. Which means Sato back to the bench and Colby back to PG. He just has to be there I guess because too much of the rest of the lineup revolves around Sato not starting to get the others correctly. You trade Lauri. Or Porter, or Young. But what do you need back? I prefer Lauri, because I think that's a better return, but also, the other two seem to be tougher, better defensively and fit better. They don't seem to NEED to shoot, or force shots to get in rhythm.

With Coby and Levine seeming to be the primary ball hogs... I mean scorers, I don't think you need Lauri in there also trying to find his. I think he can be an excellent player in this league I just don't think it's on this team. Unless maybe you ship White out?

P.S. I don't care what King says, fuck Valentine, yeah I said it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I want to clarify, I wasn't taking a direct shot at you or any side of the argument there, I like them both. It was more just a .
I didn't think you were singling me out. I just wanted to clarify as well. 'Tis all good.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Coby has the hot hand. Can get to the bucket. And LaVine threw up an awful shot
I feel like this was one of those games where the Bulls are so not used to being in the position of winning a close game late that they almost didn't know what to do with themselves. hah Hopefully that rights with time.

It's the end of the game, what do we do... just give it to zach and let him go shoot practice shots, but but we're only down 2... oh... well. Give it to Zach and... I don't know. just give it to him damn it. He'll figure something out.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I feel like this was one of those games where the Bulls are so not used to being in the position of winning a close game late that they almost didn't know what to do with themselves. hah Hopefully that rights with time.

It's the end of the game, what do we do... just give it to zach and let him go shoot practice shots, but but we're only down 2... oh... well. Give it to Zach and... I don't know. just give it to him damn it. He'll figure something out.

Yeah, that possession Zach forced a three was bad. Especially after Coby was getting to the rim with ease and finishing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Didn't watch much of the game because I was so amazed by the other happenings, but the second night of a back to back with a big comeback victory on the road, I was expecting a let down to the tune of a 15 point or so defeat. Glad I was wrong. Sure, the loss sucks, but they fought. All you can ask of this team.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I´m not sure how much longer I can take the terribull P&R defense of Wendell Carter!

This is exactly what drove me nuts with Pau Gasol couple of years ago.

But today, where everybody can shoot, you get murdered this way.

Move your lazy a** and contest the shot! He leaves his guard all alone on an island against 2 offensive players.

I mean seriously..... he is not even in the effing picture!!!

Bad Defense.jpg

menacemanic

Liked Posts:

They are learning how to basically win games or play with a lead its a process it will take time.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I´m not sure how much longer I can take the terribull P&R defense of Wendell Carter!

Move your lazy a** and contest the shot! He leaves his guard all alone on an island against 2 offensive players.

View attachment 9514
Honestly, when I see that sometimes I wonder how much of that is in the defensive scheme. I know players can be dumb and/or lazy, but sometimes I feel like they're just doing what they were told. Not sure if this is one or the other, haven't really paid attention to all the PnR situations

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
They are learning how to basically win games or play with a lead its a process it will take time.
Yep, and I still very much think Zach is that guy, they just have to learn that it's not ok Zach here is the ball we're going to watch you dribble around and make a 50/50 superman shot. They'll actually run something to get him a good shot or hit the hot hand with him as the decoy. New coach always brings optimism, but I feel like I've seen actual translations to what people are doing and how they are playing, instead of just getting a little new coach bump. Feels like they have already bought in, something I don't think I've seen in a long time. But maybe it's just wanting to see it.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Yep, and I still very much think Zach is that guy, they just have to learn that it's not ok Zach here is the ball we're going to watch you dribble around and make a 50/50 superman shot. They'll actually run something to get him a good shot or hit the hot hand with him as the decoy. New coach always brings optimism, but I feel like I've seen actual translations to what people are doing and how they are playing, instead of just getting a little new coach bump. Feels like they have already bought in, something I don't think I've seen in a long time. But maybe it's just wanting to see it.

I think they will trade away zach if we dont make the playoffs

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
I already dicussed some of your points when you made these comments before...your a parrot nothing more. ..oh btw they are a young team they will get better. Too many turnovers as well in the first half

you dont even know how many games we have played so again like your previous conversations where i said i wouldnt got at you personally, you are a dolt and have no platform. Oh yeah, got no problem going after you personally now since you felt the need. Here's a life lesson little boy don't take kindness for weakness.

and i will say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over until it happens. if it bothers you ignore it because your wants needs and takes on things dont factor into my life in anyway

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think they will trade away zach if we dont make the playoffs
I don't think so. Not at 19.5M next year, I think he's got too much value in him when you're trying to rebuild. I think you need to keep the value in order to have space to fill in around him then maybe if it still isn't working out you have a really nice trade piece at the deadline next year with the expiring contract.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

View attachment 9514
Thats brutal, at least pau sucked because he lacked athleticism. Carter is plenty athletic to guard out there on the pnr

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
you dont even know how many games we have played so again like your previous conversations where i said i wouldnt got at you personally, you are a dolt and have no platform. Oh yeah, got no problem going after you personally now since you felt the need. Here's a life lesson little boy don't take kindness for weakness.

and i will say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over until it happens. if it bothers you ignore it because your wants needs and takes on things dont factor into my life in anyway

Yep I made a mistake it happens there mate...Again you went after me once again its fine though you have no clue about basketball as i brought some important points but you cannot argue them soo you just pretend not to see them cool story tough guy.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Damn, I can't believe how these 20-21 year old 1st rounders haven't fixed their weaknesses yet. This is just awful. Blow this puppy up.