*** OFFICIAL *** Running Bulls IGT

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
if that’s his value, then there’s no reason to think bulls would get a 1st rounder for him, though

He's a stretch 4. Those guys have value. Didn't Niko fetch a 1st rounder not too long ago as a rental? He's still young enough and has a viable skill set, that a team could pull the trigger. Obviously, wouldn't be a lottery pick but probably a mid - late first.

He's also putting up a nice looking stat line, which I don't believe is sustainable. If the Bulls could sell high, I don't see why not. He's also only averaging 6 boards for a 7 footer, which is obviously really bad...but his scoring efficiency has been excellent. Defense has been bad, though. At only 23 years old, I'm sure he would have some interest around the league. I don't want the Bulls to have to pay him a long term deal and I don't want to lose him for nothing. The only alternative would be to trade him, unless you think his best days are yet to come and he could turn into a top 3 player on a contender. I don't think there's anyway that's happening though.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He's a stretch 4. Those guys have value. Didn't Niko fetch a 1st rounder not too long ago as a rental? He's still young enough and has a viable skill set, that a team could pull the trigger. Obviously, wouldn't be a lottery pick but probably a mid - late first.

He's also putting up a nice looking stat line, which I don't believe is sustainable. If the Bulls could sell high, I don't see why not. He's also only averaging 6 boards for a 7 footer, which is obviously really bad...but his scoring efficiency has been excellent. Defense has been bad, though. At only 23 years old, I'm sure he would have some interest around the league. I don't want the Bulls to have to pay him a long term deal and I don't want to lose him for nothing. The only alternative would be to trade him, unless you think his best days are yet to come and he could turn into a top 3 player on a contender. I don't think there's anyway that's happening though.

the rebounding is concerning to me as well. He used to pull down 9 a game a couple years back. I do think he could be the 3rd best scoring option on a contending team. Just kinda depends on the construct of the roster around him, which to this point hasn’t been up to par...I think everyone here can agree to that lol

as far as what to do with him...he is a restricted FA if I’m not mistaken. So, if some team offers him some crazy deal...you let that team take the cap hit and use your capital elsewhere. However, if he ends up a situation where you can match something like a 3 year 60mil or less deal...it’s worth at least thinking about it. He’s still only 23 after all, and you don’t find guys with the skills he does have at his size too often. They are around but not in abundance by any means.

I also think many underestimate what a true PG would do for this team. Would probably help a guy like lauri

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
the rebounding is concerning to me as well. He used to pull down 9 a game a couple years back. I do think he could be the 3rd best scoring option on a contending team. Just kinda depends on the construct of the roster around him, which to this point hasn’t been up to par...I think everyone here can agree to that lol

as far as what to do with him...he is a restricted FA if I’m not mistaken. So, if some team offers him some crazy deal...you let that team take the cap hit and use your capital elsewhere. However, if he ends up a situation where you can match something like a 3 year 60mil or less deal...it’s worth at least thinking about it. He’s still only 23 after all, and you don’t find guys with the skills he does have at his size too often. They are around but not in abundance by any means.

I also think many underestimate what a true PG would do for this team. Would probably help a guy like lauri

If he's "only" going to cost 20 mil or so, I could have some interest. I'm not really sure who the available free agents are. Are there are any realistic franchise changers?

I think your point about having a true PG is valid. At the same time, there's been plenty of assist opportunities wasted because the Bulls big men, Lauri included, have some pretty awful hands and don't capitalize inside on good looks. WCJ basically has stone hands and Lauri definitely does not have strong hands either. The Bulls roster as a whole are all extremely careless with the basketball and turnover prone, it's actually pretty concerning.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Yes Lauri will be an RFA. Assuming Lauri himself isn't shooting for the moon, you can get a reasonable deal with him at 3-4 years. Of course some team can offer him a "Rookie Max" which the Bulls would have to match or just let him walk at that point.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
they pull this shit out of their ass in the 4th Q it might propel them into a nice little winning streak. Havent turned the ball over much, havent hit shit from 3, 5-31 and only down by 6 at last check

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
we suck again
h0f6pas019sz.png

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Is it time to admit that Lauri is the second coming of Andrea Bargnani?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As far as trades go....for the first time in many years I can honestly say that I trust the guy in charge. I'm confident he will make the right moves. I think AK is in a watch & learn period with this team. I would expect that some of his moves won't be pretty. This team needs guys who can play some D and take care of the ball.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it time to admit that Lauri is the second coming of Andrea Bargnani?
If Lauri continues to average 6 rebounds a game, yes.

But even Bargnani averaged 21ppg one season lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Lauri playing well early.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Lauri looks like he hurt his shoulder.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls losing because of the free throw line. They are down 12, and have 12 fewer made Ft’s. They are 7/7 but just aren’t getting to the line at all.

lauri with a shoulder sprain. Done for the game. Figures, just as he’s starting to play well

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Can we please finally end the Coby White at PG experiment?

I´m so sick of watching this!

problem is, whomst do you have run the offense then? I was hoping Sato might take the reins on it, but he’s played pretty poor overall. Zach isn’t a PG. it’s the main issue with this roster IMO, they need to find a guy that can actually run an offense...get guys where they need to be, etc...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Man I’m so sick of these soft ass, injury prone bigs that we have. Game after game they just get shit on inside. I’m also sick of the perimeter defense. Temple is the only one that’s “good”. Zach has gotten better and maybe could pass for average but ffs Satoransky and Coby couldn’t guard a fucking tree.