I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Holy shit! Lavine didn’t have to carry them to a win tonight, the supporting cast actually showed up. Shoutout to coby and Wendell for showing up tonight...even if it was just against the lowly rockets

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
This is why the NBA is inferior to the NCAA

Its like the NFL letting WR do whatever they want and throwing a flag if you look at a WR the wrong way. The NBA is already biased towards offense and not defense but if you arent going to call travels then lets get physical defense back, 80s and 90s style defense.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is why the NBA is inferior to the NCAA

Its like the NFL letting WR do whatever they want and throwing a flag if you look at a WR the wrong way. The NBA is already biased towards offense and not defense but if you arent going to call travels then lets get physical defense back, 80s and 90s style defense.

yeag, cuz ignoring traveling is some new nba thing

:long:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They're not going to be sellers.

thats my hope. I’d be all for them adding a veteran PG that takes care of the ball, can hit open shots, and can play some defense. But, I doubt they will find a match for the right price. It’s a tall order to accomplish without sacrificing anything for the future. The east is better, but it’s still not the west’s level of difficulty...bulls could make some noise

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
thats my hope. I’d be all for them adding a veteran PG that takes care of the ball, can hit open shots, and can play some defense. But, I doubt they will find a match for the right price. It’s a tall order to accomplish without sacrificing anything for the future. The east is better, but it’s still not the west’s level of difficulty...bulls could make some noise
Well it's 10 day contract time, so maybe you can find someone who can come in.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

You srs want to remain in NBA purgatory? Either the building blocks for a championship are in place, or you have to sell and reset.

If anyone thinks a championship team can be built around Lavine and PG as the foundations, I have to strongly disagree.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
There any possibility of going after Marcus Smart? I saw a rumor but I am sure it is just hopeful wishing.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
You srs want to remain in NBA purgatory? Either the building blocks for a championship are in place, or you have to sell and reset.

If anyone thinks a championship team can be built around Lavine and PG as the foundations, I have to strongly disagree.

News Flash....If you haven't noticed, we have been in NBA purgatory for quite some time now. Time to start building instead of constantly blowing things up.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
News Flash....If you haven't noticed, we have been in NBA purgatory for quite some time now. Time to start building instead of constantly blowing things up.

Newsflash: you don't start a rebuild without the proper foundation and draft capital, regardless of how long the team has been meddling. There is no logic to support that belief.

Are you really asserting that we should build around this nucleus merely because we have blown out previous rosters?

This is really a binary approach: invest in building a championship contender around Lavine and PW, or recognize we don't have the building blocks required to contend at the highest level and ship Lavine/LM/Thad out for draft capital; also, take back shit contracts to make the salary caps work in exchange for acquiring even more draft capital. Then hope the FO hits it big in the next couple draft lotteries. Evan Mobley would be nice, lol.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Newsflash: you don't start a rebuild without the proper foundation and draft capital, regardless of how long the team has been meddling. There is no logic to support that belief.

Are you really asserting that we should build around this nucleus merely because we have blown out previous rosters?

This is really a binary approach: invest in building a championship contender around Lavine and PG, or recognize we don't have the building blocks required to contend at the highest level and ship Lavine/LM/Thad out for draft capital; also, take back shit contracts to make the salary caps work in exchange for acquiring even more draft capital. Then hope the FO hits it big in the next couple draft lotteries. Evan Mobley would be nice, lol.
Just for clarity sake, you mean PWill?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

im saying if you can get a PG without sacrificing anything noteworthy for the future(maybe a LM trade for a PG for an example) to get better, it makes sense to do it. I don’t claim this team is a title contender, but I do think if they made a swap like that they could maybe win a series in the playoffs. Now sure, that doesn’t seem like much...but it is a sign of progress to themselves and the rest of the league.

the thing is, the bulls could make a move to make the team better for this season, and then still trade a guy like Thad in the offseason if they decide they need to free up salary to go after a FA they like or what not. They wouldn’t have to give up any future draft picks to make a move.

if I’m AK, which I’m certainly not...I’m looking at this roster and thinking I’ve got 2 of my wing starters set for the next few years in Lavine and PWill. That gives me a couple years to find the right guys to play with them. Not saying anyone is untradeable, just that it would take quite the offer to get me to move either of them.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
OMG. TOTALLY. NO WAY. WE ARE TIED FOR 7TH IN THE EAST AND A GAME OUT OF 5TH. OMG. NO FUCKING WAY. FR. FR.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
yeag, cuz ignoring traveling is some new nba thing

:long:

ignoring a travel you can see from mars is different from ignoring travels you cant see without replay and without a team throwing a temper tantrum.

also saying it "isnt new" doesnt make it any less trash. lowering the bar only lowers the product.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
ignoring a travel you can see from mars is different from ignoring travels you cant see without replay and without a team throwing a temper tantrum.

also saying it "isnt new" doesnt make it any less trash. lowering the bar only lowers the product.

how can said bar be lowered if it was already occurring, though?! Another classic “master” debater line of logic